• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

SamVimes

At level 10 when you have 1-4-4-1 sof is pretty much a waste of 4 skill points since so early in the game 80% of the damage you do using sof comes from the bolas.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My view:
3 Bolas/2 Sleight is gank oriented.
3 Sleight/2 Bolas is for bullying mid.
3 Shield/x Bolas/x Sleight is for side lanes and farming (the Arcane Ember).

Chris R

Terrible farm on my FV, but at least we won. Had a close call here and there pudge and bloodseeker ganking but I finally got my gear up.

edit: How do I solo lane better against Sniper/Disruptor combo? I did ok but by myself but those mini stuns are a PITA. Lucky I guess that Time Walk doesn't care about Kinetic field. Game could have been over much sooner but my farm was terrible at only 500gpm :(

Sibylus

Banned
Titan's Spectre trades her Manta Style (5,050 Gold) for a Gem (900). Enemy team pick it up and stash it in their fountain.

:v That's one way to throw a game.

Kalnos

Banned
edit: How do I solo lane better against Sniper/Disruptor combo? I did ok but by myself but those mini stuns are a PITA. Lucky I guess that Time Walk doesn't care about Kinetic field. Game could have been over much sooner but my farm was terrible at only 500gpm :(

Ring of health + stout and hope your team will help if needed.

GorillaJu

The only thing I don't like about ember is that there's no cast time on jumping to remnants. You literally have to perma-stun him to gank him which makes it a pain in the ass unless you have silences on your team.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
wraith king/tiny good combo.

Haz, if you know how, you should GIF that dive on shadow shaman past the bottom T3. Hilarious.
IDK why gifcam is being shitty, but I have like 20 programs running that probably interfere with it so w/e. Nothing special.
http://gfycat.com/RemoteGoodnaturedDuiker

Getting at least 1 Rampage on top of beyond Godlike feels so goooood. DB
http://gfycat.com/ArcticLinedGermanshorthairedpointer
The thing about ember is it totally depends on your matchup.

Overall I think 3 in bolas followed by max sleight with no points in flameguard is the strongest build with a coordinated team.
So many ways to build Ember
My view:
Sounds about right, on top of that you can change Flame Guard for ganking depending on what heroes you are ganking as well.

K.Sabot

Is that wrong? Sleight should be maxed last IMO. Or at least you should get bolas to level 3 asap after flameguard is maxed, because its a big damage jump.

No I mean the guy was bolaing before he did sleight

doing the combo backwards, constantly.

This guy was on MVP

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Best Twitch emote right now
GwltRsv.png

Titan's Spectre trades her Manta Style (5,050 Gold) for a Gem (900). Enemy team pick it up and stash it in their fountain.

:v That's one way to throw a game.
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit/b/513175360?t=4h17m30s

Demoli

My view:

I feel like Q-E-E-Q-Q-R-E-E-W-W By level 10 is the best, overall build. I prefer closing the distance with Remnants with the added tank of Flame Guard. It also gives you a great laning phase all things considered.

I think SoF should always be maxed by 10. That 6 second cd is really important, it does too much work to leave it until 14. Whether you go guard or chains I think depends on your lane, like how much magic damage they have and how easily you can run them down with flameguard.

Ketch

Everyone in this thread is crazy. Flame guard is embers best skill until late in the mid game. It does way more damage in the early game, works on everyone in range, works while your slighting, still does damage while your stunned or silenced, and effectively gives you like 50% hp increase vs magic damage for free.

Radiance is like 4500 gold or something? And radiance doesn't even give a shield. Seriously, flame guard is Op

SamVimes

Everyone in this thread is crazy. Flame guard is embers best skill until late in the mid game. It does way more damage in the early game, works on everyone in range, works while your slighting, still does damage while your stunned or silenced, and effectively gives you like 50% hp increase vs magic damage for free.

Radiance is like 4500 gold or something? And radiance doesn't even give a shield. Seriously, flame guard is Op
Skipping flameguard until 9-10 is Singsing's build and the hero is permabanned against him so i'm gonna go ahead and say that it's probably not crazy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have come up with a new stupid idea. "Multicast has chance to cause multiple levels from a single level up."

BeesEight

I think its just a dota 1 being dota 1 thing. The only time I've seen something port over that was a big deal in dota 1 was lycan (honestly though, not a whole lot of hard cc was in at that point). Shadow Demon fell flat, Troll became a popular pick in dota 2, Wisp and Kotl made a big splash, Timber, Undying, Nyx, Clinkz weren't terribly popular in dota 1 either when they came over.

Then again, some of these heroes appeared when the pool wasn't full like it is now.

Some fun inhouses tonight, mostly close games.

Shadow Demon fell flat? He was an enormous support until his nerfs. He was the most picked hero in 6.77 even ahead of Magnus who was considered overpowered at the time with the increase in RP damage that gave him solo kill potential even with limited farm (Course, this probably means Magnus was banned more than Shadow Demon, giving him the edge to see more drafting but the point still stands he was considered top of the heap).

I have come up with a new stupid idea. "Multicast has chance to cause multiple levels from a single level up."

You got your doctorate in mad science, didn't you?

Ketch

He said it's crazy to do something like that and yet Singsing is 8-3 and no one wants to play against him on Ember.

Look up appeal to authority, you might learn something.

Just because he's really good doesn't mean it's the best build. He's singsing, he could probably wreck face with just about any hero or skill build. He's on a pro team that practices and coordinates specific strategies involving specific skill builds…. and he still missed kills because he maxed bolas first.

And it's not like he never gets flame guard, he just gets bolas first. So maybe instead of just saying well Singsing's Ember gets banned therefor the skill build must be good… you could try to at least explain why bola 4/flameguard 1 is better then flame guard 4/bola 1.

fierro

Banned
The reason why Bolas works better than flamegaurd is because it can be used in conjunction with SoF. FG is great is you are chasing but when you are mid, you do not want to always put yourself in danger which is what FG requires of you.

SamVimes

Just because he's really good doesn't mean it's the best build. He's singsing, he could probably wreck face with just about any hero or skill build. He's on a pro team that practices and coordinates specific strategies involving specific skill builds…. and he still missed kills because he maxed bolas first.

And it's not like he never gets flame guard, he just gets bolas first. So maybe instead of just saying well Singsing's Ember gets banned therefor the skill build must be good… you could try to at least explain why bola 4/flameguard 1 is better then flame guard 4/bola 1.

Ok first of all a personal break down of the skills:
bolas is not a really good spell until you get three points in it (then it's phenomenal until like 30 minutes) so i think it's mandatory to get 3 points at level 5.
Flame guard is really good in a passive lane because you can force your opponent out but it's goddamn awful at level 1.
SoF has great sinergy with bolas.

In my mind that leaves you with 2 choices when progressing to level 5:
1: you get 3-2-0, with another hero you can easily get kills on the lane opponents because it's really hard to stay out of the 2 points sof+bolas range.
2: you get 3-0-2, the opponent can't come close to the wave because two points in flame guard enough damage to force him out but it costs quite a bit of mana and it's really hard to get kills because you have limited range. Sure you can get one point in SoF just to land the bolas but then you won't have enough damage because you sacrificed one point in the other skills. You're pushing the wave every time you use flameguard so if you're safelane the enemy offlaner can get exp safely behind tower. Also you're tankier.

Theoretically build 2 becomes much better at level 6 but it still costs so much mana that it's probably not worth it most of the times.

I do both builds but i'm liking the early aggression from build 1 a lot more lately.

My point was that if someone is using a certain build in pro games with great success there's probably a reason.

Haly

Flameguard doesn't win you mid against a lot of popular mids. That's the conclusion I've come to after playing a few games mid as him.

Sleight does.

That's why Rtz/SongSong goes Sleight first. In side lanes, it's more viable to go Flameguard because you'll have an ally or a jungle or roamers to lock people down for you.

Once you can pull off Sleight-Bolas consistently, you won't need Fire Remnants to initiate (and honestly it's pretty slow) so you can use it for nuking, adding another 300 damage to his burst.

EDIT: Obviously, if you're up against Pudge or something, Flameguard will help much more than Sleight, so really, it's always situational.

Haly

When people refer to searing chains as "bolas" I think Ember Spirit is throwing his testicles at people.

Well, if any hero deserves to teabag his gank targets, it's Ember.

Nope, no guarantee on VS set. I should have known from market value.

Oh well, atleast I got this sweet ass bald eagle and LC set. Prophet set is not too shabby either. Puck meh.

Top Bottom