• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Sibylus

Banned
LD and Pyrion shitting on the triple Rapier Medusa for not contributing, but failing to mention she was the only one on her team that could burst out the hard targets as fast as she was (Centaur in three cheesing shots!). No shit Storm and Venge were delivering kills to her!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
LD and Pyrion shitting on the triple Rapier Medusa for not contributing, but failing to mention she was the only one on her team that could burst out the hard targets as fast as she was (Centaur in three cheesing shots!). No shit Storm and Venge were delivering kills to her!

Literally only at the last fight though. That Medusa was doing jack shit before then

i missed it

;((((
dX1lwQy.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Eh, screw EG and Liquid, I'm just going to watch C9 vs MYM, its just starting too.

Edit: EE-Sama with Boots first Luna. Gotta go fast.

I was just taking a break from work and wanted to catch up on Dotacinema's top plays weekly... wtf they haven't uploaded a new one since October?? Is anyone else making comparable videos?

Razzer

I was just taking a break from work and wanted to catch up on Dotacinema's top plays weekly... wtf they haven't uploaded a new one since October?? Is anyone else making comparable videos?

Dunno where you are looking cus they have definitely kept updating, though the frequency has dropped. What was the last episode you watched?

Madouu

And another abandon courtesy of the dota 2 network, thank you very much.

We were playing with a beginner friend too, his first games have been plagued by feeders, leavers and server issues, not really the best introduction to the game. Makes you wonder how many new players just give up on the game very early on partly because of this.

Anyone else having server issues right now?
Two friends and I have been dropped mulitple times from our game and we live in different states. The server problems with this game are becoming a real pain in the ass.

Chris R

Well I can add another hero to the list of I hope I never play them again. Silencer :| Tried to counterpick, but man it seemed like nothing helped.

elyetis

Removing any individual performance factors puts a huge amount of pressure on the rest of the team. If any of your team is failing the enemy team will just start snowballing in levels ahead of you.

You could destroy your lane and unless the rest of your team won their lanes nothing will come of it.

It's almost impossible to carry your team to a victory. Plus at the moment there isn't any form of matchmaking so running into a premade is very common.
I see your point ( mostly about the lack of matchmaking, my god, thought I guess it's because 'alpha' ).
Guess I would need to see it/test it myself, their solution ( no item/shared xp etc ) seemed like it would avoid some of the crazy unfun game I can easily find myself in in some dota 2 game ( being a support with a huge lack of xp and item ( wouhou arcane boots at 25min !! ) because the laning phase didn't went well at all, and you are the solo support ( aka bitch ) of your team. Bad game for me aren't realy about loosing or winning, but of having the feeling that you won't be able to do anything in that game exept getting oneshotted by every hero from the opposite team for the next 10-20 min.

Not that I would expect to play Hots more than dota 2, that is if they ever release Techies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
HotS looks terrible, as much as I want to like it.

Yeah same, their quest to completely minimize, hell, erase the impact of individual skill and to take a shit all over the artstyle that made warcraft 3 so awesome upsets me greatly... it's still beta so maybe they'll make some good revisions, but some of these lead designers/producers need to realize how dog-shit their ideas are at times (which is often a difficult thing for blizzard to admit).

Whatever, hopefully Valve adds the ability to create custom maps soon (as long as the restrictions are lax enough to allow for the same creativity/diversity behind the warcraft 3 mods--dota being one of them) and dota 2 is literally the only game I'll ever need to play.

Kard8p3

Yeah same, their quest to completely minimize, hell, erase the impact of individual skill and to take a shit all over the artstyle that made warcraft 3 so awesome upsets me greatly...

Whatever, hopefully Valve adds the ability to create custom maps soon (as long as the restrictions are lax enough to allow for the same creativity/diversity behind the warcraft 3 mods--dota being one of them) and dota 2 is literally the only game I'll ever need to play.

Aside from D3 I haven't played many games since I picked up dota..feels weird to play other games TBH.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Semi carry or fuck this I'm winning this shit carry? the latter I would need some VODs, what do you put in her, pure dps items?

Semi carry transitioning to "oh shit server issues caused our Sven to abandon, I guess I need to hit hard now" leading me to building a Deadeleelelous and Skaadi and critting for 800

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tip for GIFCam users. Sometimes you'll see annoying green in your GIFs because the program uses a resource saving algorithm, which only saves the pixels that change from frame to frame, leaving the rest pure green (basically software greenscreen), but that doesn't always display correctly in browsers or other GIF editing applications like Photoshop.

To save a gif without that green-screening, simply hold Shift while clicking "Save".

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
You're going to regret it when every game has Techies.

nah my friend techees will be a joyous relief from the current 5 man all push all the time tardo strats

i can just see it now

5 nerds are pushing a tower

tekeez (me) hiding out styling in the undergrowth, im like "blast em"

l8rhosen

Top Bottom