• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I absolutely dominated a game where I build bloodstone on DP and I have no idea why. I guess the extra survivability is a big deal.

DP's damage comes from staying alive as long as possible, not from items. That's why.

Shepard

I still wonder how mm works in this game when I get teamed up with a centaur that goes naked boots as first item into a ring of health and a wraith king that goes force staff rush...

Kreunt

Banned
yo how do i play a jungle NP?
decent guides/vods would be helpful.

also, whats the recommended build at the moment? lothars seems to be out of fashion.

Kard8p3

yo how do i play a jungle NP?
decent guides/vods would be helpful.

also, whats the recommended build at the moment? lothars seems to be out of fashion.

Basi>Midas>Phase>maelstrom/deso/necro/scythe

or something like that. I might be wrong though.

fallagin

Just had a crazy stressful match as batrider. The other team had two 2 stacks, we had 1. We were behind by alot in the beginning, throughout the game we were only barely able to match their kills. They almost finished us off at one point, but a few of us were able to hold out. We were finally able to eliminate all of them at once, and we pushed mid as fast as we could and took down their barracks, killed them again and finished.

Games like that, whether I win or lose, are just plain awesome.

whats a good tv series to watch

On right now?

The only two I've been watching is Arrow and Walking Dead, and I actually am enjoying Arrow more, have to catch up last 3-4 episodes on TWD. Arrow takes a while to get good, it definitely turns more into a comic adaption as it goes along, just takes a while to get there.

I've heard House of Cards is good too.

Chris R

This day has been pure fucking shit. When I have good teams the dota network takes a shit and we get 0 MMR for a win, when it is up and working I get carries who feed until they DC and then the game drags out for another 25 mins for no reason.

Sibylus

Banned
Nemesis doing a level 1 Rosh after being interrupted multiple times, then five man pushes thereafter. Mid T1 and T2 down by 3 minutes.

What a clownshoes game.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Nemesis doing a level 1 Rosh after being interrupted multiple times, then five man pushes thereafter. Mid T1 and T2 down by 3 minutes.

What a clownshoes game.

Watching this too. 4 towers down in 4 minutes.

Sibylus

Banned
So it isn't only teams in Gaf tournaments that get blindsided by the most all-in of cheese rushes in Dota. Entertaining as hell game, lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Aw yeah, finished implementing Bubble Sort in 68k, 2ez. To bad I missed that Korean game, I'll have to try and catch the vod.

I also really hope Valve makes it so watching tournaments on twitch increments counters in the future.

Kalnos

Banned
Aw yeah, finished implementing Bubble Sort in 68k, 2ez. To bad I missed that Korean game, I'll have to try and catch the vod.

I also really hope Valve makes it so watching tournaments on twitch increments counters in the future.

nightmare fuel college memories

Chris R

Timber, Meepo, Pudge...

At least this game will help me forget that today even existed. It also helps that I started drinking again after taking a week off.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, I just noticed something. Several of the items from event chest have not been dropping as far back as Quirt't chest. Things like Flying Desolation and Wavecutter are worth more then the key to unlock them a 9 months ago, and may keep going up in price. Some of the chest items are still worth nothing though, months after you couldn't get them (You can get a lot of the Diretide items from $.25-$.50)

Also, I like how Scree'auk's Talon has been increasing in value since the venge set came out.

ElyrionX

Been losing so much lately. Broke a 9-game loss streak last night. But now I'm on a 50-50 run with 3 wins and 3 losses. Some games I played badly and the losses were partly my fault. But I also had a string of defeats whre other lanes lost really badly. This one in particular was really disappointing:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/573321896

I was support Shaker but felt like the carry in mid game because my kills were the highest and deaths were the lowest in my team (think I was 9-1 at one point). I was playing out of my mind and was the only one keeping the team in the game. But they kept focusing on me and Slark just went rampant. Sniper was absolutely useless and fed a shitload in early game though he managed to make some decent contribution in late game.

I guess I am paying the karma (and MMR) price now for the string of Slark scum picks in the last few weeks.

GorillaJu

Shadow Demon seems to be as good a counter as you can get vs TB. Just the fact that if he uses Metamorphosis, he's gonna start eating shit from his own images makes a huge difference.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/573321896

I was support Shaker but felt like the carry in mid game because my kills were the highest and deaths were the lowest in my team (think I was 9-1 at one point). I was playing out of my mind and was the only one keeping the team in the game. But they kept focusing on me and Slark just went rampant. Sniper was absolutely useless and fed a shitload in early game though he managed to make some decent contribution in late game.

Sniper appears to have been the problem. You needed a real hard carry not a sniper, and I have mixed opinions on Rubick against that lineup.

Hylian7

Basher Terrorblade....what the fuck. I know I made mistakes, but why the hell did that work against us?! He just kept getting ranged bashes in his Meta on people and they were fucked after that. Seriously wtf. That should be a terrible item on him, but somehow it was good?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Its terrorblade. He can build fucking mek dagon and still shit all over you.

Basher Terrorblade....what the fuck. I know I made mistakes, but why the hell did that work against us?! He just kept getting ranged bashes in his Meta on people and they were fucked after that. Seriously wtf. That should be a terrible item on him, but somehow it was good?

Did you forget he has the highest IAS in the game? On top of that I believe the chance carries voer to his images. It's the same logic that lead to Basher Clinkz being pretty normal back in DotA 1. With enough attack speed you can offset the decreased chance to bash and make it viable.

If playing TB didn't crash my computer 100% of the time I would take you up on that challenge, I guarantee I could get that shit to work.

Hylian7

Did you forget he has the highest IAS in the game? On top of that I believe the chance carries voer to his images. It's the same logic that lead to Basher Clinkz being pretty normal back in DotA 1. With enough attack speed you can offset the decreased chance to bash and make it viable.

If playing TB didn't crash my computer 100% of the time I would take you up on that challenge, I guarantee I could get that shit to work.

So you're telling me that TB is Earth Spirit levels of OP, I might start to believe that.

Speaking of annoying bullshit. I don't understand why we lost this game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/575388339

Look at their team, they have no carry. Occasionally I see this strategy of "5-man dota from level 3" and if you have anyone that requires farm, I feel like they are already screwed since you have nowhere to farm. Dealing with shit like this is something I have historically struggled with in Dota. A few levels gained, and they could basically towerdive people with no problem, even if someone rotated. And then there's that feeling of "Well I'm farming okay-ish, but it doesn't really matter because we have already lost." and everything after that point is just delaying the game's end. "Well just turtle" people say, and I've never understood that. You simply can't farm anywhere and you get the occasional farm of the lanes pushing up to your T3's. So now you're a carry that needed a lot more farm than you have now and you're way behind. I just don't get how to play out of a situation like that. It just seems like it's going to be 30 more minutes of a game you already lost. And sure, I made mistakes, and tried to recover but it seemed like even if I never made those mistakes, we still would have lost. How do you deal with something like this?

I looked at the replay (and maybe I just look at my own replays with a lot of bias), but I still feel the same way looking at it as I did in game.

Edit: The gold and XP graphs from pretty much right at the end.

P2OaS2n.jpg

t5UHvEA.jpg

GorillaJu

Not sure if TB is Earth Spirit levels of OP, but there's a big difference in that TB is a carry where Earth Spirit is a "it doesnt matter because we fucking lost" whenever hes on the opposite team. It was an inevitability that Earth would shit on your team, where TB can be shut down.

Top Bottom