• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

NBtoaster

So you're telling me that TB is Earth Spirit levels of OP, I might start to believe that.

Speaking of annoying bullshit. I don't understand why we lost this game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/575388339

Look at their team, they have no carry. Occasionally I see this strategy of "5-man dota from level 3" and if you have anyone that requires farm, I feel like they are already screwed since you have nowhere to farm. Dealing with shit like this is something I have historically struggled with in Dota. A few levels gained, and they could basically towerdive people with no problem, even if someone rotated. And then there's that feeling of "Well I'm farming okay-ish, but it doesn't really matter because we have already lost." and everything after that point is just delaying the game's end. "Well just turtle" people say, and I've never understood that. You simply can't farm anywhere and you get the occasional farm of the lanes pushing up to your T3's. So now you're a carry that needed a lot more farm than you have now and you're way behind. I just don't get how to play out of a situation like that. It just seems like it's going to be 30 more minutes of a game you already lost. And sure, I made mistakes, and tried to recover but it seemed like even if I never made those mistakes, we still would have lost. How do you deal with something like this?

I looked at the replay (and maybe I just look at my own replays with a lot of bias), but I still feel the same way looking at it as I did in game.

Edit: The gold and XP graphs from pretty much right at the end.

Looks like they had a bunch of gankers, silences and stuns and you had a bunch of heroes that fall apart when silenced/alone. Teams don't necessarily need hard carries, though BS can fill that role anyway.

I've decided to start playing Dota on my smurf account full-time. Not caring about whether I win or lose makes me enjoy the game so much more and makes me rage a lot less.

Detox

Euro West higher skilled games thank you based arteezy

GMxuz.png
GMxuz.png

BeesEight

You know, I feel there's a distinct lack of complaints against American Dota players. We get enough of the Peruvians and Russians but not enough call outs on the null talisman only mid Silencers who think a team with QW Invoker and Venge have no disables. Or a racist AA that talks about killing Jews half the game.

Ironically, it was the guy from Panama that was polite and helpful.

So you're telling me that TB is Earth Spirit levels of OP, I might start to believe that.

Speaking of annoying bullshit. I don't understand why we lost this game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/575388339

Look at their team, they have no carry. Occasionally I see this strategy of "5-man dota from level 3" and if you have anyone that requires farm, I feel like they are already screwed since you have nowhere to farm. Dealing with shit like this is something I have historically struggled with in Dota. A few levels gained, and they could basically towerdive people with no problem, even if someone rotated. And then there's that feeling of "Well I'm farming okay-ish, but it doesn't really matter because we have already lost." and everything after that point is just delaying the game's end. "Well just turtle" people say, and I've never understood that. You simply can't farm anywhere and you get the occasional farm of the lanes pushing up to your T3's. So now you're a carry that needed a lot more farm than you have now and you're way behind. I just don't get how to play out of a situation like that. It just seems like it's going to be 30 more minutes of a game you already lost. And sure, I made mistakes, and tried to recover but it seemed like even if I never made those mistakes, we still would have lost. How do you deal with something like this?

I looked at the replay (and maybe I just look at my own replays with a lot of bias), but I still feel the same way looking at it as I did in game.

Edit: The gold and XP graphs from pretty much right at the end.

Blood and NS might not be hard carries but they can still dish out right clicks and they're pretty much all good gankers to stop it going late anyway. I think clock maxing rocket flare first instead of battery assault is questionable and so is CM maxing aura, maybe more points in crystal nova gives you better counter push. I also would have picked up a mek if I were clock. Apparently nobody got one on Dire and that would have given you a better chance in early teamfights. And for you maybe drums and maybe aquila would have given you more efficient survivability than the SnY I think you were going for,

Also, I just thought I'd like to see a last hits or net worth over time graph implemented. You just need lines colour coded to each hero.

Adry9

Hi, I'm new here. I "only" got 80hrs in Dota and I'm still a noob but I'd like to start playing with people who take the game more seriously so I can learn more. Kind of getting sick of leavers and "I'M SOLO MID CUZ I'M THE GREATEST CARRY EVER GTFO SO PRO MUCH WIN" players who then start feeding.

My steam profile if you guys want to add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Adry9/ :)

Boken

Banned
Hi, I'm new here. I "only" got 80hrs in Dota and I'm still a noob but I'd like to start playing with people who take the game more seriously so I can learn more. Kind of getting sick of leavers and "I'M SOLO MID CUZ I'M THE GREATEST CARRY EVER GTFO SO PRO MUCH WIN" players who then start feeding.

My steam profile if you guys want to add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Adry9/ :)

"I'M SOLO MID CUZ I'M THE GREATEST CARRY EVER GTFO SO PRO MUCH WIN" players

are the kind of players who take the game seriously

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Looking back over the last month or two I've really been enjoying and having sucess with solo-offlaners lately. Windranger, Dark Seer, Bristleback...lots of fun

I would if you were in my region :(

Always on the lookout for trench-tier Dota buddies.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
What the hell, DOTA 2 deleted itself from my library. I played last night and then this morning it was gone.

Am I really that bad? :(

Ketch

Played my first QoP game last night. She's pretty fun. I died a lot because I kept blinking into the fray and getting focused. But I traded evenly because I would consistently get my skills off on the whole enemy team.

I built orchid and then aghs. But I'm not sure if that was wise. The in game guide said sheep first, but that's a really expensive item.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What the hell, DOTA 2 deleted itself from my library. I played last night and then this morning it was gone.

Am I really that bad? :(

Did your team tell you to uninstall?

I would just try and push the button to reinstall, likely steam will just find the files and your be good in like 5 minutes.

AP solo queue muted Mid Meepo adding me to friends list to most likely rage because of lost game.

It's like people do these things to make themselves mad on purpose.

Ah, he's sending trade invite to send one line messages. Well that just earned him a steam report.

ElyrionX

Looking back over the last month or two I've really been enjoying and having sucess with solo-offlaners lately. Windranger, Dark Seer, Bristleback...lots of fun

How's the Dark Seer coming along? I've had teammates pick him twice now in games from yesterday and today and both times our team got smashed and he was almost completely ineffective. It just feels like he's been nerfed too much and the viability of so many more heroes in the offlane means that it's usually just not worth picking him anymore for the sole purpose of running the solo offlane. Windranger seems to suffer from this too. Why pick WR and DS when you can have Slark, Mirana, Bristleback or Weaver who can be so much more effective in the mid to late game?

Nymerio

What's the best way to handle a viper? I think all games I played today had one on the opposing team and it wrecked us every game. Sooo tanky and the corrosive skin damage + poison is crazy.

Adry9

What's the best way to handle a viper? I think all games I played today had one on the opposing team and it wrecked us every game. Sooo tanky and the corrosive skin damage + poison is crazy.

I play a lot with Viper and Pudge is usually my nightmare. Maybe that helps.

M.D

I hate that hero so freaking much
I'm not sure about this, but I think the best way to handle him is someone like Quas-Wex Invoker that has high hp regan so he doesn't get bullied out of the lane and can do damage in return

I guess Necro works similarly

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Played 2 games in a row with aura strat: level 1 rosh then 5 man push until win. Both easy wins. One at 20 minutes, one at 17.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So those famous for their upvote bots realized they can use those same bots to downvote :/

The workshop is getting so corrupt lately. TF2 never had this issue, and still doesn't. For some reason Dota 2 submission seems more like a business to many people, rather than the hobby of TF2 hats.

Well, looking at his profile now, it doesn't look like anything of his has been downvoted to hell by bots yet. Guy has a few good items in his workshop, helped make that nice AA ward too:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yurishust/myworkshopfiles/?appid=570&p=1

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How's the Dark Seer coming along? I've had teammates pick him twice now in games from yesterday and today and both times our team got smashed and he was almost completely ineffective. It just feels like he's been nerfed too much and the viability of so many more heroes in the offlane means that it's usually just not worth picking him anymore for the sole purpose of running the solo offlane. Windranger seems to suffer from this too. Why pick WR and DS when you can have Slark, Mirana, Bristleback or Weaver who can be so much more effective in the mid to late game?

Generally speaking I grab him if they have a particular right click carry who I know I'm going to want to drop a wall on top of, plus Ion Shell is still great to throw down in fights and perhaps most importantly his ability to farm like crazy early game means I can get a ten minute mek if we're going for an aggressive teamfight strat.

"nerfed too much"

6.80  Ion Shell cooldown reduced from 10 to 9.

6.79 Vacuum cooldown increased from 24 to 28.

6.78 Vacuum cooldown increased from 22 to 24.

6.76 Vacuum cooldown increased from 19 to 22.

into the ground

Fnatic should've just forfeited the third game, it didn't matter at all for the tournament.

Not really the best sportsmanship and could annoy DotaCinema and ticket holders if the team just refuses to play

Plus Dailymotion was down so not like the match was going to be played anyway

Try Lina or Lion. He doesn't have much HP early game and is very susceptible to CC.

Top Bottom