• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Nymerio

I play a lot with Viper and Pudge is usually my nightmare. Maybe that helps.

We actually had a Pudge but my friend was playing him and he's not that good with hooks :)

I hate that hero so freaking much
I'm not sure about this, but I think the best way to handle him is someone like Quas-Wex Invoker that has high hp regan so he doesn't get bullied out of the lane and can do damage in return

I guess Necro works similarly

It was even during laning that we had so much problems with him, it was after he got his vanguard. Poison and corrosive skin just wrecked us.

Pick Terrorblade/Lycan.

We mostly play AR, SD and the occasional RD so counter picking is often not possible. Not to mention that in one game they had TB and Viper. I'd be interested in what items work great against him. Any suggestions? Thinking about it, I guess a pipe would've been good...

Try Lina or Lion. He doesn't have much HP early game and is very susceptible to CC.

Yeah, counter picking isn't really an option in AR and SD. Maybe we just had a bad draft.

Hylian7

Looks like ad a bunch of gankers, silences and stuns and you had a bunch of heroes that fall apart when silenced/alone. Teams don't necessarily need hard carries, though BS can fill that role anywag.

Sure, but late game BS should lose to Gyro. That is if you get there.

Blood and NS might not be hard carries but they can still dish out right clicks and they're pretty much all good gankers to stop it going late anyway. I think clock maxing rocket flare first instead of battery assault is questionable and so is CM maxing aura, maybe more points in crystal nova gives you better counter push. I also would have picked up a mek if I were clock. Apparently nobody got one on Dire and that would have given you a better chance in early teamfights. And for you maybe drums and maybe aquila would have given you more efficient survivability than the SnY I think you were going for,

Also, I just thought I'd like to see a last hits or net worth over time graph implemented. You just need lines colour coded to each hero.

I glanced at the CS counter briefly. I was at the top most of the game, but it didn't seem to matter as I was being far and away out XPM'd. When we pretty much lost all control of the map, I obviously dropped from being the highest CS.

I actually wasn't going SnY, I was going Yasha before BKB just so I wasn't useless in fights. This was one of those games where I didn't even feel safe defending a tower in a 5v5.

shira

Not really the best sportsmanship and could annoy DotaCinema and ticket holders if the team just refuses to play

But D2CL is a prize money match. You don't play clown draft meaningless game instead of sitting in the lobby.
~$12,000 guaranteed for the winner.
$0 for the loser of this best of 5.

whelp gg

But D2CL is a prize money match. You don't play clown draft meaningless game instead of sitting in the lobby.
~$12,000 guaranteed for the winner.
$0 for the loser of this best of 5.

whelp gg

Apparently they were in the lobby on time, Cloud9 agreed to wait so they played game 3. I know it's technically in the rules but I'm surprised they didn't tell Fnatic it wasn't okay to delay the match since it's usually accepted in most tournaments that a team can be late if they're in a different match.

Oh well, Fnatic dominated game one anyway

Baha

Shame we didn't get another game because of some bullshit administration.

Because being late to a game that's already been rescheduled on your behalf isn't bullshit. We should've had this game last Thursday but it was rescheduled b/c h4nn1 had internet problems and fnatic didn't want to use a standin.

[edit]Was Thursday not Tuesday.

Anno

Because being late to a game that's already been rescheduled on your behalf isn't bullshit. We should've had this game last Tuesday but it was rescheduled b/c h4nn1 had internet problems and fnatic didn't want to use a standin.

C9 didn't mind waiting, so why did the administrators? It's not like Fnatic was just dicking around somewhere, they were finishing another series. Dota isn't a game that's easy to plan for time wise so there will be times like this, and I don't think someone should lose out on a chance at tens of thousands of dollars because of it.

shira

C9 didn't mind waiting, so why did the administrators? It's not like Fnatic was just dicking around somewhere, they were finishing another series. Dota isn't a game that's easy to plan for time wise so there will be times like this, and I don't think someone should lose out on a chance at tens of thousands of dollars because of it.

2nd time they late. EE 2 pro

Artanisix

kvcNv1u.png

im so hapy

Arol

What's a good item build on bristle back? I pretty much use the standard skill build on him but I'm having troubles with deciding items.

I know every match is situational but in general which items would be good.

Wok

I have just had a nice comeback with Riki: our towers (T1 and T2, while we only destroyed a T1) were destroyed, the opposite team was warding the map with sentinel wards and we were losing, and then I bought the gem of true sight, and we actually came back. Clinkz was so angry at the end of the match. Games with gems or rapiers are the funniest games to play.

Top Bottom