• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Satch

Banned
i started playing axe yesterday and hes really fun

the berserkers call/blademail/blink is probably the most fun initiation ive ever played

Satch

Banned
BECAUSE NOBODY EVER WANTS TO FIGHT RIKI

JUST STAND THERE AND FIGHT HIM AND HE WILL DIE

maybe thats my axe-player bias speaking, but if you attack him, he will go down very easily. just stand and fight, and dont run away

Hylian7

maybe thats my axe-player bias speaking, but if you attack him, he will go down very easily. just stand and fight, and dont run away

Unless you've got a BKB or MKB, you're probably running out of that cloud though.

Atlantis

Or people get caught by him and try to run away instead of TP'ing out.

It's amazing how hard it is to get people to jump on a paper thin hero that's taking 30% more damage.

Satch

Banned
well yeah run out of the cloud duh

but just kill it. to counter weak carries, just kill them. like 1.09 says, its LEGIT

not a single carry starts out with MoM treads diffusal battlefury manta heart eye of skadi rapier etc but people consistently treat them that way in the beginning and refuse to harass them out of the lane

riki has like no health ever, if you let him live to see 6 then youve already partially failed. no vision after he hits 6 and youve failed even worse. even if you win, youre still a failure. gg ff noob team uninstall

I honestly barely remember to tread switch and keep it on STR 95% of the time (unless I'm doing stuff like bottling or regenning at fountain).

Hylian7

well yeah run out of the cloud duh

but just kill it. to counter weak carries, just kill them. like 1.09 says, its LEGIT

not a single carry starts out with MoM treads diffusal battlefury manta heart eye of skadi rapier etc but people consistently treat them that way in the beginning and refuse to harass them out of the lane

riki has like no health ever, if you let him live to see 6 then youve already partially failed. no vision after he hits 6 and youve failed even worse. even if you win, youre still a failure. gg ff noob team uninstall

So playing against Riki at all means you have failed. Got it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You need to get sentry wards up vs riki, just plop them down near where carries see farming or where you think he Will try and sneak by. Was so happy when in the game earlier today that not only did I get sentry wards, but the warlock and bounty hunter were carrying them to.

A gem is a pretty good idea too.

WTF is going on with the servers? (EU west). Everyone getting disconnected at once two matches in a row.
vanguard > hood > blademail

Why would you go blademail after hood? You're reducing the damage you're taking but also reducing the damage you can reflect. Nevermind that you should be taking damage with your back to them so you're also reducing return damage that way.

Wok

You need to get sentry wards up vs riki, just plop them down near where carries see farming or where you think he Will try and sneak by. Was so happy when in the game earlier today that not only did I get sentry wards, but the warlock and bounty hunter were carrying them to.

A gem is a pretty good idea too.

This is what I thought too, but when I got the gem and dewarded their sentry wards, they literally could not do anything. I want to play more games with gem and rapier frenzy.

You see a sentry ward as Riki: either you deward it, or if you think it is a trap, you go farm elsewhere on the map and come back and deward as soon as the ennemies have moved. Either way, if the opposite team does not go with a gem as well, it will be farming time for Riki.

It is very low-tier though, probably around 2500 MMR. I am playing with a friend who has not reached the 150 game count.

Hylian7

Blademail BB is dumb anyway because you want them to attack you. You pop your Blademail and they will say "Okay, well let's just not mess with him until that's gone." Think about every other hero you usually buy Blademail on and this makes sense. A few examples.

Clockwork - Perhaps you don't want to die by whatever is in cogs with you.
Axe - Berserker's Call
Legion Commander - Duel
Timbersaw - them hitting you makes you more defensive, them not hitting you lets you Pure damage their asses down.

And of course for funzies: Skywrath Mage - Because fuck Pugna

Satch

Banned
Because Riki goes after the people that can kill him right?

So playing against Riki at all means you have failed. Got it.
he starts out with such little health, you guys

you have to take initiative against a hero that weak so early. hit him like fucking crazy so that he cant play aggressive against you

is riki going to be scouting the map invis from 1 looking for people? fuck no, hes going to be in lane trying to farm some items and getting that six. hes not going to be dropping a smoke cloud at every second. you can get your support to harass the shit out of him until hes scared to come forward. lawd i cant believe i have to say this, and im trench tier

Adry9

Uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, almost literally Peruvian! Quick, someone sound the Thacker alarm, bad player alarm, bad player alarm! HONK HONK HONK

I'm joking, don't worry.

Hahahahahahaa, I didn't know Peruvian players had a bad rep, we don't usually play against them in Europe. We get a lot of Russians tho, I don't know why since they have their own servers.

Blademail BB is dumb anyway because you want them to attack you. You pop your Blademail and they will say "Okay, well let's just not mess with him until that's gone." Think about every other hero you usually buy Blademail on and this makes sense. A few examples.

Clockwork - Perhaps you don't want to die by whatever is in cogs with you.
Axe - Berserker's Call
Legion Commander - Duel
Timbersaw - them hitting you makes you more defensive, them not hitting you lets you Pure damage their asses down.

And of course for funzies: Skywrath Mage - Because fuck Pugna

I'm not sure Berserker's Call and blademail makes sense either. You're making them right click you but you have 40 extra armour so how much damage can you really be reflecting? Spins probably do the bulk of the damage after call.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
he starts out with such little health, you guys

you have to take initiative against a hero that weak so early. hit him like fucking crazy so that he cant play aggressive against you

is riki going to be scouting the map invis from 1 looking for people? fuck no,
These are two different things.
Of course I shit on Riki in lane. He's my bitch get gets level 6 at like 12 minutes.

Now if he's not in my lane? He's 12-0 with MoM SnY.

Satch

Banned
the rule is the same even for them

but sometimes your teammates just suck and you cant do anything about it, and riki isnt even special in that regard

Hylian7

I'm not sure Berserker's Call and blademail makes sense either. You're making them right click you but you have 40 extra armour so how much damage can you really be reflecting? Spins probably do the bulk of the damage after call.

Still more pure damage and you can guarantee that those that aren't the call are going to cast some sort of spell on Axe most likely. Even without Berserker's Call, Blademail on Axe is great.

Randdalf

Me as Luna and my friend playing Storm just 2v5'ed the entire enemy team, whilst the rest of our team (who had spent the entire game arguing with themselves) was noodling about somewhere else. Felt good.

Sibylus

Banned
Trash Cadets, my Steam processes keep silently crashing even after comp restart, so ya'll might need to find a sub for me for the finals :x. Windows repair no good, trying to install a fresh copy of the app now but it's taking its sweet time.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GAF is like China at the Olympics. Just swarming these tournaments with teams so they take home the gold.

Low Tier
wrdjbze.png

freakinchair confirmed most toxic player

pompidu

Any good build strategies for lina? I try to hang back in team fights cause she squishy as hell. just wondering what items are suited for her, dota fire guides seem a bit old.

Pratfall

Any good build strategies for lina? I try to hang back in team fights cause she squishy as hell. just wondering what items are suited for her, dota fire guides seem a bit old.

Arcanes into Euls is always solid, or force staff. You just need a way to keep your mana up and some escape tools. Also don't be afraid to initiate on their carry with laguna, dragons slave. Most heros will be below 1/3 health at that point in the mid game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Standard:

Branches - Arcane - Magic Wand (skippable) - Blink Dagger - Aghanim

Situational pickups: Mekansm, Eul's, Scythe, Ethereal Blade

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You can also go for phase of you want more value out of your passive, but you will need something else for mana then.

Atos is a decent pick up if you can get the money for it. Hp, int, and a slow.

Top Bottom