• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The fact that it says "Next Week" implies to me it's coming to test tonight, guaranteed and they just accidently did the post early.

Sadly probably not. In the teaser they refer to the qualifiers being less than 2 weeks away, which is only true next week. So this post is probably for next week with the update probably being the following week. All of which sucks ass but probably is the case.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bane and Visage in the teaser image? If they fuck with 2 of my fav heroes again I swear to god I'm jumping ship for lol and never coming back.

ed: better yet, make that HotS. That'll hit em where it hurts.

FACE

Banned
Just what we needed for this hype train, thanks volvo. :(

ib2Czr6RqO6BAf.gif

IceFrog pls have mercy on Carl.

Bane and Visage in the teaser image? If they fuck with 2 of my fav heroes again I swear to god I'm jumping ship for lol and never coming back.

Bane and Visage hats, bro :)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ib2Czr6RqO6BAf.gif

IceFrog pls have mercy on Carl.

Bane and Visage hats, bro :)

They are not wearing any hats in that image. That better be the extent of it or I'm holding you personally responsible!

Sadly probably not. In the teaser they refer to the qualifiers being less than 2 weeks away, which is only true next week. So this post is probably for next week with the update probably being the following week. All of which sucks ass but probably is the case.

That would mean less than a week of 6.81 before the qualifiers?

Ehhh...

dave is ok

aztek is ok
On here Matt said a "little earlier than intended" but on twitter he wrote "much sooner than intended", he can't keep his story straight! ADD HIM TO THE GoT PICTURE!

Randdalf

I want a patch soon as much as the next asshole but I dunno how the phrasing can be interpreted any other way.

Qualifiers start on the 12th which is a monday, two weeks before then is the 28th, i.e. next monday. So they do the test patch tonight and release it on monday once the weekend has passed. Seems reasonable.

Quesa

Yeah it'd be cool if Techies went all Wheatley on this update and said, "Surprise, we're doing it now." Doubtful tho.

IIRC the new bloom updates went up at around 2pm for me, so maybe give it a half-hour?

I can't help but thinking "sucks to be Valve than" to the post going up early. I mean, accidents happen, but pushing it off for another week and just not saying anything or just pretending it didn't happen would be the absolute worst possible thing Valve could ever do, and I'd hope they wouldn't be that stupid.

The least they could do would be to put the update page up and have a set release date, otherwise it'll get ugly very fast.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
My head should be no where near that GOT picture. I warned you bastards.

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

Yeah, I don't see why they are calling for your head. I haven't seen a reason to add you to the list. If someone proves me wrong though...

This is why Volvo doesn't speak. If they do and make a mistake people flip their tits.
5RWRamV.gif

I wonder what's going on at Valve.

Like are they scrambling to try and get the update page done to have it out tonight?
Maybe panicking trying to decide if the patch can be shipped early or not?
Or are they just sticking their fingers in their ears and pretending nobody saw it

To be a fly on the wall...

Randdalf

Like are they scrambling to try and get the update page done to have it out tonight?
Or are they just sticking their fingers in their ears and pretending nobody saw it

I think they're still busy preparing the update page that the blog linked to.

Pratfall

guys i clicked through for details and it said the patch was never coming and to try out heroes of the storm trust me or my head on a spike

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Icefrog was probably just sitting alone in the office (because everyone is working on other stuff) playing some league, then decided to troll the fanbase with that unclickable update.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ HEAD ON SPIKE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

"Single day event? No, uh, Week Long Event! Yes! Today, we uh, talk about the bugs of the int heroes we fixed! And tomorrow you can see a detailed look of several cosmetic sets, piece by piece."

i think youre reading really far into this

it was probably 'whoops oh well back to work'

Top Bottom