• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I feel like the blog post wouldn't even be created until after the site page for the event was ready.

They'll put it up tonight. Pls blv

FACE

Banned
It's not happening boys. Try to de-hype yourself for the long weekend ahead.

ibgCXDQKPxwKJ7.gif

Wok

If the event is a single-day event, it has to happen on May 1st. Or at least people should be able to play it on May 1, so the patch should go live next Wednesday max. Most likely Monday max for the test client.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I'd expect the blog post to be out tonight, says the update is next week and would probably be Weds/Thursday.

Damn, I wondered why there were so many posts since I went to sleep and almost got really hype. I hope Valve just show it now, everyone knows it's coming, no need to extend the wait.

Oh btw, gentle rodriguez, my bad on dooming priority. I though doom didn't disable bloodbath on bloodseeker, turns out it does.

So yeah, if omni's down, doom bs. Don't want him healing for 40% of a hero's hp who dies near him.
LOL don't worry about it, that wasn't my reasoning. My reasoning was:"Oh god he's going to hit me, doomdoomdoomdoomdoom!"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If the event is a single-day event, it has to happen on May 1st. Or at least people should be able to play it on May 1, so the patch should go live next Wednesday max. Most likely Monday max for the test client.

Well, they said it would be a single day event that would be out "next week", the assumption was they would show the patch today, and release it on like Monday or Tuesday, and likely test it over the weekend.

I think the blog will update in like the next 6 hours.

Artanisix

Well, they said it would be a single day even that would be out "next week", the assumption was they would show the patch today, and release it on like Monday or Tuesday, and likely test it over the weekend.

This is what I'm thinking. They've done exactly this with a version update before.

Demoli

Considering next week has labor day, and that if it was release in two weeks it would only give one week to adapt to the new balance patch before the qualifiers, next week seems like a lock

Well, they said it would be a single day event that would be out "next week", the assumption was they would show the patch today, and release it on like Monday or Tuesday, and likely test it over the weekend.

This is my thoughts too, the timeline works better. Otherwise 6.81 will hit way too close to the qualifiers for comfort.

traveler

Not Wario
The best approach would just be to throw the blog post out tonight with a quick "oops, we goofed on the date" preface. Community gets communication, and understands the patch is still a little bit off. No harm done.

traveler

Not Wario
Come on guys, the blog post is going up tonight, soon to be favorite means new heroes, it's all good

Changes to soon to be favorite heroes. The post implies that they've gone ahead and continued tweaking unported heroes, not that those heroes are necessarily coming to Dota 2 with the patch.

KingKong

Actually never mind, the blog post said less than 2 weeks away from qualifiers which means post next week and update in 2 weeks. Valve trolling

Jex

I don't believe Valve would ever have a blog post done 5 days ahead of time. It's going up tonight.

You keep telling yourself that:

"Meanwhile, in tournament news, we’re less than two weeks away from The International’s Regional Qualifiers. Stay tuned for more information on the Teams and match times."

It's gonna be awhile! Next week at the earliest.

"Meanwhile, in tournament news, we’re less than two weeks away from The International’s Regional Qualifiers. Stay tuned for more information on the Teams and match times."

But that timeline makes no sense. Release the update in the same week as the qualifiers? That would be ridiculous. I think it was probably just mentioning the date wrong or something, which Valve has done before.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yeah this makes me feel like it's still 1-2 weeks away, not to mention traitormatt's tweet about it being "much sooner than it should have been, keep calm and wait awhile". Not promising...

But come the fuck on, you can't tease us like this Valve, at least release the goddamn 6.81 changes to satiate our thirst just a tad.

I don't believe Valve would ever have a blog post done 5 days ahead of time. It's going up tonight.

Meet the spy was leaked early wasn't it? My valve history is rusty at this point.

Yeah this makes me feel like it's still 1-2 weeks away, not to mention traitormatt's tweet about it being "much sooner than it should have been, keep calm and wait awhile". Not promising...

But come the fuck on, you can't tease us like this Valve, at least release the goddamn 6.81 changes to satiate our thirst just a tad.

whats the new tag

sephi22

I think the post got deleted not because they put it up too early, but because:
1. They got the dates wrong
2. The 6.81 page isn't finalized.

As the others have mentioned, a blog post next week, with the update in the test/main client a week after makes no sense, since that leaves teams 1 week before the qualifiers to practice. That's just cruel. (Remember, they got the TI4 ticket sales date wrong on the blog too)

I think the blog post will go back up today or tomorrow with modified text at the end giving the correct timeline to the qualifiers. Matt's just being safe by saying it got put up early. He's as clueless as we are.

Put my head on a spike if I'm wrong

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Although we could get the main update next week and the test client this weekend. Wouldn't be the first time Valve dumped a megapatch on the test client over the weekend. The blogpost will probably just coincide with the update on the main client (aka next week which is less than 2 weeks away from the qualis).

edit: fukkin goddamn moodyshuffle changing my tag every other day; I've gone through more tags than mumblegaf mothers now.

Top Bottom