• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

kvk1

I just found this out, might be useful for someone:

If you use the -novid in your start-up commands within Steam, the game makes the mini-map icons unnecessarily blurry/low-res looking.

This is especially noticeable if you use a custom "dota_minimap_hero_size" setting that is larger than the default 600.

I didn't understand why the Test client map looked so much sharper until now. It was the absence of -novid.

Have a go.

Satch

Banned
iXaYIBCacD6Kb.gif
iXaYIBCacD6Kb.gif
iXaYIBCacD6Kb.gif
iXaYIBCacD6Kb.gif

Goddard

Has anyone here noticed that matchmaking is noticeably worse on Sunday? This could be just coincidence, but I notice that on Sunday specifically there is an exorbitantly large amount of fuckheads. Like my last two games in a row there was a captain who muted his team, picked random heroes, put them in bad lanes, and complained to the enemy team the whole time about how terrible his supports were. I am in a pretty low bracket (3k) but this shit only happens so often on Sunday.

Kade

Has anyone here noticed that matchmaking is noticeably worse on Sunday? This could be just coincidence, but I notice that on Sunday specifically there is an exorbitantly large amount of fuckheads. Like my last two games in a row there was a captain who muted his team, picked random heroes, put them in bad lanes, and complained to the enemy team the whole time about how terrible his supports were. I am in a pretty low bracket (3k) but this shit only happens so often on Sunday.

All the good people are at church.

manfestival

Does anyone have experience running dota 2 from Windows 7 and then Windows 8.1 on the same build? I have been considering the idea of updating from all the good things I heard about 8.1

Quesa

All the good people are at church.

took mine, damn you.

Does anyone have experience running dota 2 from Windows 7 and then Windows 8.1 on the same build? I have been considering the idea of updating from all the good things I heard about 8.1

My brother plays on 8.1 and he hasn't had a single issue with this OS from what I've heard. He did start the rig fresh though, so I couldn't tell you about how the transition could affect anything.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I run 8.1 and have no issues.

manfestival

Well I just want to know if the performance improves and how the overall experience with steam is too . I only really play dota 2 with a random game occasionally so I mainly care for how dota 2 performs. Also does the lag at the start of the game when everyone loads their character get reduced?

Kade

Well I just want to know if the performance improves and how the overall experience with steam is too . I only really play dota 2 with a random game occasionally so I mainly care for how dota 2 performs. Also does the lag at the start of the game when everyone loads their character get reduced?

I didn't notice a difference in load times or performance. I'm running it from an SSD.

what the fuck, I just got the Lina arcana as a drop at the end of the match
ahh.gif

*flips bird*

dmshaposv

I didnt even know arcanas would drop after a game. Always imagined people bought them or got it from that new bloom bounty.

I guess the probability would be 1 -5% for a drop?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
im going to have an amazing winrate on my signature hero after the patch comes :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Back to work on Tinker? How many wins would it take to undo all the damage you've wrought?

Razzer

Speaking of which, is she a good mid now? Seems as though OO would be good for teamfighting now. So leveling it up to control mid isn't a drawback anymore.

Top Bottom