• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Boken

Banned
Aw yeah, Spooky Scary Skeletons, the courier:
637x358.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241726076&searchtext=

this would never get in

GorillaJu

I've noticed that Valve didn't come good on their claim of balancing matchmaking to where there's a handicap given to teams facing stacks.

Faced a few 5-stacks and their MMR score total was identical to my team's, but they have an obvious coordination advantage.

Hupsel

Why isnt there a mode like... all solo? You cant join while in a party.

Plz dont tell me "Lol dota is a taem gaime u dont play solo n00b"

Hupsel

Wouldn't it pretty much kill 4 ppl party ?

But the same old modes would also exist so you can also solo and get paired up with stacks. There would just be a new mode called "All Solo" or something like that...

Or just add a bot to the 4 stack lololol

Phandy

Didnt they have a solo queue and removed it? I guess it was affecting 4 man queue times too much. I personally think they should just put 5 man stacks together, so its always 5stack vs 5stack.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could you please provide a scenario where S&Y on TB is more efficacious than Manta Style? Because I'm drawing a blank. Even Carry Tiny, who is a STR hero, benefits more from going Manta than S&Y. Manta is just that much better than S&Y.
I feel s&y would be good if you are going to be stuck fighting a lot, it's cheap and gives 300 hp, 2 armor, 30 damage/as, and makes you really fast. Also manta losses a lot of effectiveness if the enemy has a hero that destroys illusions really quickly.

elyetis

You already can't have a 4-person party for ranked.
Wow I didn't know, guess i never took too much attention to it post game.

Guess I'm lucky to only have two friend to play dota 2 with, and that no one on the gaf channel want to join us.

Acinixys

Wouldn't it pretty much kill 4 ppl party ?

There was a solo Q option

Valve removed it

They then brought out the "no 4 man stacks in ranked" as an alternative

Its really dumb

Solo Q was amazing, especially in unranked. Now you often get you + 4 LoL players vs a clan 5 stack

Boken

Banned
i dont get it

wasnt it an option?

people who wanted the faster queues could opt out of solo queues while people who wanted a perfect solo experience could wait

right now valve are just favouring stacks to shit on the solo queuers

cool job valve. its like their stance on surrender votes. a pointless removal of choice to satisfy older fans.

FACE

Banned
This is my experience of Pudge:

Pudge on enemy team - Fucking glorious Dendi skills, blind hooks into fog to secure kills, roams like a beast and kills the carry 10 times in the first 15 mins, is 20/1 at the 30 min mark, wins his team the game

Pudge on my team 99% of the time - Misses every hook or hooks a creep, loses mid to Crystal Maiden (this has legit happened to me, she killed him 4 time before the 5 min mark), dies when he roams to gank, 1/14 at 30 mins, has brown boots and an urn at the end of the game

How?!

Valve, I'm willing to wait the extra 30 seconds it takes to find 9 other solo queuers.

The pool would be so small the MMR balance would be awful. Solo isn't a paradise of perfect games everyone thinks it would be, it would be long wait times for a large discrepancy in MMRs. Even back when solo existed this was a common issue it had. With the pool split in half from even that, it just becomes a disaster waiting to happen.

Artanisix

Yea, the point of no more solo-only queue is because the pool is already split from unranked, ranked, and all the other game modes. Adding a solo-only queue on top of that splits the player base even further. It's no good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Valve, I'm willing to wait the extra 30 seconds it takes to find 9 other solo queuers.

When there was a solo queue option, it added like a solid 5 minutes to the queue and had really unbalanced games, it just wasn't used. Most players just want to find a game quickly and don't care about a stack.

You know, looking at Dotabuff, it seems the API did report if a game was from Solo match making or not. Maybe someone out there actually ran the numbers, or dotabuff has at some point, on how many people played it.

Kard8p3

I don't think it does, solo ranked doesn't mean you won't play with/against party.

Guess I misunderstood. You mentioned 4 people party, so i just meant that you can't do a 4 party ranked game.

Oh well, lack of sleep leads to not being able to comprehend.

elyetis

Guess I misunderstood. You mentioned 4 people party, so i just meant that you can't do a 4 party ranked game.

Oh well, lack of sleep leads to not being able to comprehend.
That's most likely me being wrong, if we can't do 4 party ranked game ( which I didn't know since I always 2-3 man dota ) then I guess solo ranked doesn't make you play with/against people who play party ranked ( or it does and then I don't get why it doesn't allow 4 party ranked ? ).
They already do
They deserve it.

Yea, the point of no more solo-only queue is because the pool is already split from unranked, ranked, and all the other game modes. Adding a solo-only queue on top of that splits the player base even further. It's no good.

The solution was to never have added Ranked games in the first place.

Detox

The 4 man party will almost always pick on the solo player. Forcing him/her into their strat, blaming for every misplay etc.

The 4 man party will almost always pick on the solo player. Forcing him/her into their strat, blaming for every misplay etc.

In all fairness this isn't limited to 4 man stacks. I've seen 2 man stacks bitch at other members of the teams when one of them was blatantly playing the worst in the game. I'd prefer the option for solo queues even if it does segregate the player base

Hylian7

ihRU4iIWikz0h.png

Jesus christ. Literally ALL your fault that Earth Spirit was nerfed to the ground.
Hero is still good, just a bit weak.

I had a random ES buff idea

1. Revert nerf
2. Make it where when you pull a rock (to stun) in the first 300 travel distance of the rock it does not stun. Either that or make it where the pull accelerates the rock slowly then picks up speed and gains more damage as it moves faster.

When did they add player stats for game impact for dotabuff?

Apparently TB's my highest game impact, because I played him only once and dominated. Big Surprise.

nghh my Troll Stats. 460 Average GPM 78% win rate over 40 games. Sogood.gif.

#hontrash

It still happens with 3 man groups as well. Over the weekend (Is Weekend DOTA really a thing? I feel like weekends seem to bring out the worst players of the community in full force) I first picked QOP and was told to play support because clock wanted mid, LC wanted jungle and timbersaw wanted safelane, leaving the other solo quer who randomed dusa first to go hard lane.

I wish 4 man groups would be added back into ranked. It sucks that my group of friends and I are essentially punished because perceived bad behavior elsewhere. I know..why not pick up a fifth? We try but it's surprisingly difficult to pick up a fifth even when I advertise on GAF guild and GB channels/send out invites on my friend's lists.

Hylian7

I think this 4-stack role does more harm than good. I am glad to see Valve try experiments like that. I have seen a fair share of 4 shit on 1 situations, and I have also seen plenty where the 4 stack is awesome and I was glad to be matched with a 4 stack.

If I remember correctly they explicitly stated the 4 stack removal was experimental. I'm fine with them trying different things, if they don't work they'll change it. I'd rather them be fluid trying to implement something better than stuck in something mediocre.

FACE

Banned
Hero is still good, just a bit weak.

I had a random ES buff idea

1. Revert nerf
2. Make it where when you pull a rock (to stun) in the first 300 travel distance of the rock it does not stun. Either that or make it where the pull accelerates the rock slowly then picks up speed and gains more damage as it moves faster.

How about:

1 - Revert nerf
2 - Make Stun/Silence and damage be based on the distance traveled by the remnant

?

If I remember correctly they explicitly stated the 4 stack removal was experimental. I'm fine with them trying different things, if they don't work they'll change it. I'd rather them be fluid trying to implement something better than stuck in something mediocre.

Yeah I know it's not set in stone but it's just not a great position in my case. In terms of experimental things, I'd love for them to implement RD into ranked. I feel like more than anything, RD right now feels like a happy medium for people who don't want to face the same pub stompers but also want some semblance of control over what hero they want to play.

How about:

1 - Revert nerf
2 - Make Stun/Silence and damage be based on the distance traveled by the remnant

?

Unsure if that would work in wc3 engine.

He really needs to kill it off soon.

edit: I guess mirana's arrow is similar, so maybe it could be done. Still he should kill off support for WC3 within the next year.

Top Bottom