• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

Heh, someone pointed out that what the "Render Quality" slider does is actually is lower the internal render resolution.

can you dumb it down a few notches,

if my render quality is 100% then __________
if my render quality is 40% then ___________

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
can you dumb it down a few notches,

if my render quality is 100% then __________
if my render quality is 40% then ___________

Lets say you are playing at 1080p, good ol' 1080x1920.

At 100%, it renders the game at 1080x1920.

At 40%, it renders the game at 432*768 and then stretches it.

http://imgur.com/a/XOHfr#0

So thanks to some dude on Reddit this is every HUD skin in the game.

Unfortunately he did not take into account the OD litmus test which means most of the HUDs (even the good ones) are shit.
Familiar Woods already passed the OD litmus test. We have a certificate and everything.
Black Monolith/Shagbark/TI3 HUD/Dire are the only good ones.

All the others are such tacky shit
http://zippy.gfycat.com/UnsteadyCooperativeHusky.webm

The new DreamLeague HUD is very nice as well.

ive come to the conclusion that jungle lc just sucks in general so if your plan starts there it already sucks

please dont jungle her she is amazing just give her a lane

Mordeccai

So I decided to finally sell my Leviathan Whale Blade and trade out for the Earthshaker set.

I have a really hard time getting blink up on this guy. Anyone have tips for how to lane him? General item build? I think I've determined basi is a waste in him because his mana pool is just too tiny for the regen to be worth it.

I know I should basically play like a walking fissure for the first levels until my blink is up. The mana issues tho!

Arkanius

Just won 4 games as Necrophos today
Watching people rage for being outside the game for 70 seconds so early ingame is delicious. The carries lose their gold and level advantage and the game tips towards us.

My problem is still the item build. Other than Mek and Heart I always go undecided on what to build.

inkls

Watching people rage for being outside the game for 70 seconds so early ingame is delicious. The carries lose their gold and level advantage and the game tips towards us.

My problem is still the item build. Other than Mek and Heart I always go undecided on what to build.

I hear shiva and sheepstick are quite good.

Acinixys

I love Bottle - Phase - Mek - Atos - Heart - Shivas/Sheep

Arkanius

I hear shiva and sheepstick are quite good.

A game rarely extends itself for me to build both. Last game I finished a Sheepstick when we got the Mega Creeps.
There was a game where I also did an Heavens Halberd to disable the Carry of the oposite team and get 25% evasion. It was a good item other than being strength, but more tankiness for the plague king.

I love Bottle - Phase - Mek - Atos - Heart - Shivas/Sheep

Mid build?

Black Monolith/Shagbark/TI3 HUD/Dire are the only good ones.
Nope.

Jungle Ruin
Direstone
Deepest Depths
Driftwood
Jolly Roger
Mana Pool
Underwater

All of these are very nice. Subtle yet noticable. Dark enough to not be distracting during a match, yet present enough to be pleasing to the eye when you do glance at them. I greatly prefer dark themes with earth tones or blues, as they have a calming effect on me.

Many of the others, however, are indeed tacky. Too busy, too bright, too many tacky extras (like candles, spartan helmets, etc.)...too much. Just too much.

Speaking of, I need to pick up Mana Pool and Jolly Roger. Those look damn cool.

I'm a scrub so I go aghs. With it you can kill a hero at about half health, especially strength heroes.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Nope.

Jungle Ruin
Direstone
Deepest Depths
Driftwood
Jolly Roger
Mana Pool
Underwater

All of these are very nice. Subtle yet noticable. Dark enough to not be distracting during a match, yet present enough to be pleasing to the eye when you do glance at them. I greatly prefer dark themes with earth tones or blues, as they have a calming effect on me.

Many of the others, however, are indeed tacky. Too busy, too bright, too many tacky extras (like candles, spartan helmets, etc.)...too much. Just too much.

Speaking of, I need to pick up Mana Pool and Jolly Roger. Those look damn cool.

Omen is best

Milabrega

Scions of the Sky and Familiar Woods (even if it is just a war3 rehash) are the only good custom huds. I think portal is the only other one I'd use if I see it shared in game, but its not that great. Jungle Ruin and Jolly Rodger are alright. Cruel Diretide is easily the worst though.

Arkanius

Yes. But even in lane the sustain from bottle is amazing. Plus from 6 you should roam and try get runes

2 death pulses and an ult are all that are needed to secure a kill, so if you go into a lane with a stun you can usually get ez kils

Yup, and the new Hearstopper aura absolutely destroys. When I start attacking people they dont even realize that they are more than half health.

Volodja

Scions of the Sky and Familiar Woods (even if it is just a war3 rehash) are the only good custom huds. I think portal is the only other one I'd use if I see it shared in game, but its not that great. Jungle Ruin and Jolly Rodger are alright. Cruel Diretide is easily the worst though.
I sadly have 2 Cruel Diretide HUDs, I think they were a punishment from the dota gods.

So awful.

Pratfall

How is the new split shot?

Just played enchantress in a real game for the first time. Had a hilarious start where I denied my own centaur when I was about to gank a lane, also had no idea what my jungle rotation should be or what creeps to grab but I got midas up and our necro was dominating and I ended 9-1-7 with the second highest GPM. Once you have aghs and level 2 impetus, you just destroy people. Had an opposing void time walk as my last impetus flew and the quiet before it hit him for 500 pure damage was glorious. She seems like a fun hero but I have to get better at helping side lanes and controlling my creeps. I just walked into a team fight alongside my centaur, got a three man stomp and then was destroyed, stupid control groups.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck i'm destroying people as PA offlane its crazy, she's like one of the better carries for pubs because she requires so little items to be effective, once you get phase and your 6 you can start fighting. The new 50% evasion is so damn good it makes you very tanky and you can really snowball out of control before the carries can make MKB

Here's my last match:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/636330004

Razzer

Satch was right

Tresdin is so fun to play. The silencer was hovering over Medusa and PA etc so I assumed he wanted safe lane, so I offered to go jungle even though I wanted safe lane. A ward saw me and I got ganked, twice, in the jungle. My blink was super late and I had to ignore my team till I got it. Despite all this, once I had a little farm, jumping on fools and shouting 'FIGHT ME' is one of the most fun things I've done in a while. Had 225 duel damage at the end, I could solo anybody. We were so far behind though that we lost, also misplayed the last two fights.

New fave hero guys. (Except PA).

Oh and there was a double teamwipe at one point, so I submitted it to Dotacinema in case they liked it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
hue

ZhfjDVh.png

I meant Earth Spirit, SK, Bane, Warlock, Earthshaker

Top Bottom