• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Voshond

Neo Member
Does anyone here have any experience regarding legal or copyright issues with Dota 2? My Android app got removed from the Google Play store yesterday for "Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy".

I've posted a thread on /r/androiddev, but I'm still not sure what I did to get my app banned. Some info from that thread:
I still had the page open on my tablet and made some screenshots of the store page. http://imgur.com/exFtL1E,KHxJnEg#0

There have been Dota 2 apps on the store for years, so I can't imagine the game's developer suddenly having a problem with those. There's two other apps on the store that do a similar thing as mine, but those are still available.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doto.stats
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.fantomed.dotadata
The first one was submitted more than a year ago and the second one a couple of weeks after mine.

I can't really see any differences between my app and the hundreds of other Dota 2 apps on the store, so I'm confused as to why mine was removed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
5-man party bro. Should i link for the 1-millionth time the game where i slay merlini? #merlinislayer
All this tells me is you use your teammates to drag down your mmr for ez huskar gsmes.

Also:
Win Rate
45.45%

Nice win rate no wonder you abandoned your smurf.

Aaron

Gonna go ahead and say that Bloodseeker is still not a good hero.

Or it's not the hero, but the kind of person that would pick Bloodseeker in the first place generally being shit.

Hard to say.
A good player can make something out of him if they want to, but they can get the same result with less effort from other heroes. It's like picking sniper. Sure, a pro can make him look like a god, but no shit he's a pro. Most players are better off picking basically any other ranged hero.

Airan

Ugh, randomers why

Enemy team randoms, gets Riki and steamrolls us

Our team gets a randomer, doesn't know how to play hero, feeds and threatens to afk. C'mon RNGesus let me have a Riki randomer once in a while D:

Wok

http://dotabuff.com/matches/636534186

GAMES like these. WHY I fucking hate playing supports.

Give me a carry and maybe we have a different game. Fuckers need to uninstall.

WD can be played as a carry. Otherwise play Lich. With the new aghs, you can pretty much destroy any illusion-based carry or pusher.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/636568072

Sweet. Ice Armour keeping my tower alive while I try to farm. OD didn't put enough pressure on me so I grabbed a 7:30 Midas. Kept forgetting TP scrolls though.

I always forget to put ice armor on towers.

ZCR7IzU.png

This is the secret boys

I still have 100% winrate with Lich Midas. Yet everyone laughs at me at the beginning due to this notification to my team that I bought Midas on Lich. With patch 6.80, I could not win a single match with Lich.

Wok

You should probably link it, or no one will know what youre even talking about.

Two unlreleased hero names appear in the ESL compendium.

Pretty sure it's because they have strings in the game,i'm guessing the compendium automatically pulls data from it,dotabuff does the same thing

Does if have heroes who are in the game, but not in CM? (Like Broodmother, Earth Spirit, etc.) If they're on the list then I'm inclined to think you're correct.

Underlord has been in the hero list for at least 3 months.

I think why this happens is that both Oracle and the Underlord are located in a game file called "activelist.txt" and "npc_heroes.txt". Basically, it tells the game info about these heroes (bot skill and item builds, what model to use, various particles and other effects, stats, etc.) and tells the game whether or not they're enabled. The two heroes are disabled by default, so you can't pick them or even see them on the list in local games. You can edit it so that you can pick both.

My guess is that for some reason they can be picked because they're in these two files. Legion commander actually could be enabled this way before TI3, but couldn't be seen on the list, so it's possible that Valve had her preemptively blacklisted from being picked. Maybe they forgot this time.

Maybe they're just trolling us, but I'd honestly think that Techies would be there if they were.

By the way, Techies isn't on there because he isn't located in either of those files yet. You can do some jury-rigging with the game files to play him, but there's a lot of bugs.

bounchfx

when would we get these new heroes? It'd probably have to be soon, right?

I'm thinking one of two things, 1) maybe a big update this thurs, whatever "new world" stuff is, (assuming perfect world), or 2) big update the week valve releases TI4 compendium

Acinixys

Oh I'd love to take mid any game, but I was solo support in a 4 carry lineup and I wasn't having a TA Lycan Offlane. Otherwise I'll take mid any time I can.

I say fuck that

If your team locks 4 carries and then cries for wards etc screw them. This is a team game. Go mid and dominate so your useless teammates get some space to farm and maybe win

elyetis

Looking at most played hero on dotabuff, is bloodseeker success on lower bracket/mmr, like riki and drow ? because I pretty much never see either of them picked. ( and given their lack of pro play I doubt it mostly comes from higher mmr pick either )

I say fuck that

If your team locks 4 carries and then cries for wards etc screw them. This is a team game. Go mid and dominate so your useless teammates get some space to farm and maybe win
LOL it was SD so they kind of had an excuse, and they didn't whine so it was okay. Just your typical "nobody talks to anyone and will not respond to anything" game, so I just did what I had to to secure the win, plus I don't like farming on Disruptor.

The more solo I play the more I get the urge to mute everyone and go Midas every game on every hero. I'll crack some day.

Also, these scrub carries couldn't handle shit, so I blessed them with my presence: Abaddon wrecking shit. So delicious when opposing players keep attacking you after you activate the ult.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

I'm thinking one of two things, 1) maybe a big update this thurs, whatever "new world" stuff is, (assuming perfect world), or 2) big update the week valve releases TI4 compendium

So you're saying we're getting a custom game, two hero, and TI4 compendium patch?

Randdalf

I'd imagine soon, since I suspect they released 6.81 early so teams could prepare for the qualifiers.

Jungling Lone Druids, Cliff jungling Prophets.

And at least 50% non-native English speakers.

This is my calibrating MMR trench. This is my pain.

Not helping when I've been out of practice myself.

bounchfx

So you're saying we're getting a custom game, two hero, and TI4 compendium patch?

custom game modes, custom environments, animation support, particle support, workshop overhaul, ti4 compendium, 2 heroes, single item cosmetics, wards, couriers, and actual communication from valve

lolololololololllollolololololoylkuglhkldhgfdshgsfdbfdsbvfdsg

:(

Wok

Offlane Midas Lich is too good.

Gw7KHyT.jpg

I am back to playing the hero which is suggested for beginners in the OP, and therefore the hero with which I have learnt Dota2 from scratch. 183 games and counting...

ZjuW1En.jpg

Wok

I would play Lich if I didn't get bored out of my mind playing him.

How can you get bored? You spend the first third of the game harassing (and getting some kills), with unlimited mana, then you roam around and ward/deward while jungling, setting ancient traps, etc., and finally, you get some multi-kills or multi-assists during teamfights or in Roshan pits. It is only Mek Lich which is boring.

How can you get bored? You spend the first third of the game harassing (and getting some kills), with unlimited mana, then you roam around and ward/deward while jungling, setting ancient traps, etc., and finally, you get some multi-kills or multi-assists during teamfights or in Roshan pits. It is only Mek Lich which is boring.
It's great after you get aghs, but before that I don't like it. I like my supports with some lockdown.

Nirvana

It's great after you get aghs, but before that I don't like it. I like my supports with some lockdown.

On this subject, KOTL aghs is going to get nerfed for sure. The vision is ridiculous, and I'd be incredibly surprised if pros do not pick this item up purely for that element of the hero. The healing is also pretty amazing, since it simultaneously does a ton of damage in a team fight and is generally surprising to the enemy, since it can turn an enemy HP advantage to a huge deficit instantly. Have a 15 second recall is also a ridiculous addition.

I feel like the Frog may have to nerf the aghs to be honest, a slight reduction in vision will likely be the first (if possibly only nerf), but I'm not sure how to deal with the recall problem, which is likely the biggest, since simply increasing the cooldown will effect non-aghs KOTL much more. Possibly make aghs increase the cooldown I suppose, but that's a bit odd.

The strangest part of all of this, and the best part of aghs, is that it makes the hero actually fun to play; since you have all of your actives up at all times and you have to think about how you want to land your illuminates during teamfights more (during the day) to get the heal and damage out of them, it makes him much more interesting overall; this is a great fucking change, but I think we will see nerfs.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Why, in the name of god, would you ever depend on your allies in pub games?

My default assumption is that all teammates that I'm not partied with are babies drooling over their keyboard.

This is the flowchart for determining a good hero vs a bad hero:

Can I singlehandedly carry my team of addled children?
Yes -> Good hero
No -> Bad hero

This should be in the OP.

Look at the (almost) end of the post.

Oh and Granadier don't worry about the MoM build. One pub with no wards or sentries against a snowballing Mirana isn't enough to judge it.

After finals I'm going to try it. It seems like something that would surprise the garbage tier I'm in.

custom game modes, custom environments, animation support, particle support, workshop overhaul, ti4 compendium, 2 heroes, single item cosmetics, wards, couriers, and actual communication from valve

Valve can keep all that stuff, I just want Snaggletooth. :'(

Nymerio

On this subject, KOTL aghs is going to get nerfed for sure. The vision is ridiculous, and I'd be incredibly surprised if pros do not pick this item up purely for that element of the hero. The healing is also pretty amazing, since it simultaneously does a ton of damage in a team fight and is generally surprising to the enemy, since it can turn an enemy HP advantage to a huge deficit instantly. Have a 15 second recall is also a ridiculous addition.

I feel like the Frog may have to nerf the aghs to be honest, a slight reduction in vision will likely be the first (if possibly only nerf), but I'm not sure how to deal with the recall problem, which is likely the biggest, since simply increasing the cooldown will effect non-aghs KOTL much more. Possibly make aghs increase the cooldown I suppose, but that's a bit odd.

The strangest part of all of this, and the best part of aghs, is that it makes the hero actually fun to play; since you have all of your actives up at all times and you have to think about how you want to land your illuminates during teamfights more (during the day) to get the heal and damage out of them, it makes him much more interesting overall; this is a great fucking change, but I think we will see nerfs.

Doesn't Nightstalker have the same kind of vision when he has scepter? And he has an ultimate that can prolong night time and even change day to night for a time. Why is the vision such a problem on kotl?

BigAT

Doesn't Nightstalker have the same kind of vision when he has scepter? And he has an ultimate that can prolong night time and even change day to night for a time. Why is the vision such a problem on kotl?

The vision is the entirety of Nightstalker's scepter effect, not just 1/3 with two other fantastic effects as well.

ViviOggi

The vision is the entirety of Nightstalker's scepter effect, not just 1/3 with two other fantastic effects as well.

Also NS takes up the 1/2 position and needs several items fast to stay somewhat relevant while Gandalf is free to go for Aghs after Mek, which sometimes even gets bought by another support.

So i bought the ESL compendium earlier when it was not yet activated. I just logged into Dota after reading that it is available, but i dont know how to access it. I have the battlepoint bonus in my inventory, but im not seeing the Compendium. My profile also only has the TI3 compendium. Does anybody know where to find it?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So i bought the ESL compendium earlier when it was not yet activated. I just logged into Dota after reading that it is available, but i dont know how to access it. I have the battlepoint bonus in my inventory, but im not seeing the Compendium. My profile also only has the TI3 compendium. Does anybody know where to find it?

If you go to the Watch tab and click on ESL Frankfurt there is a book icon that you can access it with.

Not sure if Valve could do anything about that if it were true. Unless they had a contract with the cafe to ensure Dota was installed.
Seems like some real shady shit though, but it could just be made up or speculation.

edit: It looks like Garena is partnered with Perfect World and Nexon, but those companies seem to have distribution rights for Dota 2 in China, Japan, and South Korea, but not Indonesia.

Hylian7

Why, in the name of god, would you ever depend on your allies in pub games?

My default assumption is that all teammates that I'm not partied with are babies drooling over their keyboard.

This is the flowchart for determining a good hero vs a bad hero:

Can I singlehandedly carry my team of addled children?
Yes -> Good hero
No -> Bad hero
But someone has to play support unless both teams have assclowny 5-core comps.

Haly

I can, with all seriousness, have more impact on a game and carry harder as CM than as LC.

Haly

Tinted lenses bro.

Don't get tinted lenses, they're a pain in the ass.

Kioshen

When I say I`m French I`m talking about my language of birth (native language? Whats the term?) because quebeker or whichever way its said/spelt sounds stupid in english.

*high five* Yeah it's native language.

Back on topic, who's leg I have to hump in the neogaf chat to get into the dota 2guild/group ? Just ask once in a while ?

Top Bottom