• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Satch

Banned
Satch was right

Tresdin is so fun to play.

tresdin is my favorite but shes just so boring

fuLMaVY.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
http://dotabuff.com/matches/636195269

Guys, don't do my MoM build in pubs, it's a disastah. I mean it didn't help that we had no wards and lost our lane but I made more mistakes than my teammates I feel. It's too risky without a stack to do it, oh well.

Oh and buy wards people, pleeeeeeeeease. I died 3 times farming my jungle cus of Arrows out of fog when we had no wards up. I was only there cus I didn't feel safe in lane lol.

I wanted this to be viable so badly. :'(

dmshaposv

So I decided to finally sell my Leviathan Whale Blade and trade out for the Earthshaker set.

I have a really hard time getting blink up on this guy. Anyone have tips for how to lane him? General item build? I think I've determined basi is a waste in him because his mana pool is just too tiny for the regen to be worth it.

I know I should basically play like a walking fissure for the first levels until my blink is up. The mana issues tho!

Soul ring.

Buy tangos, soul ring recipe, and 1 clarity.

Go to any of the side lanes and build your soul ring with ring/sages mask from side shop. Eat tango, use soul ring, use fissure. Rinse and repeat.

For mid game, get your brown boots and start saving up money for blink. Now that you have soul ring, you can spam use fissure more often and be involved in pushing back enemies from towers, making plays e.t.c.

Once you get ur 15-20 min mark Blink, get ur phase boots up (unless the team needs arcanes, then sell ur soul ring and get arcanes) and start building ur aghs items. (Point booster first, everything else later).

I noticed my usefulness as ES went way up when I was able to get a quick soul ring than trying to rush arcane boots.

I like this post.

Seriously though, play supports that have a high impact early game. I like CM, Bane and SK. SK even has a great late game.

SK has the most swag voice acting ever. Reason enough to play him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Sweet, thanks.

It's coming, I assure you. Last week I was out of town and this week I wrote a 6.81 changelog breakdown whenever eHug gets around to posting it. Part 3 will be out next Wednesday, I believe.

Oh, you made those videos? I just assumed it was a common name and never made the connection with you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When I play LC, I feel like the trench is real.

Confirming LC still shit hero unless you have a 5 stack building around her.

Haly

It's great except, LC is still a bad hero overall. She's a one skill hero like Beastmaster and her one skill isn't even that good.

Blink, Duel, and then what? People just run away from you. Or blow you up. Her problem is that not only does need to win duels, but she also needs to get kill gold or not get killed. She needs to farm and gank at the same time. This requires a very aggressive lineup that can enable her to build up Duels so she can explode people in the late game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel LC is a very good hero, but you are likely right in that she requires too much coordination to be effective in the average solo pub game. Doesn't help that most pubs play her in the jungle for some reason.

you get shadowblade over blink if youre in trench tier because no one buys detection

For reals though, she feels a bit like a slightly more advanced riki. She can get a few kills early with the ult disable, take advantage of when people are super out of position in the midgame and snowball off of that, but versus any team that actually bothers to buy wards, she can be pretty useless sadly.

I still love her and think she's a blast because I play against bad people so I can still play her :3

Haly

No, you don't, because you can't Duel unless you have initiation and you can't farm up Shadowblade by 6-7.

Every second that passes that your Duel is off CD is you losing the game a little bit more.
I feel LC is a very good hero, but you are likely right in that she requires too much coordination to be effective in the average solo pub game. Doesn't help that most pubs play her in the jungle for some reason.

I play her jungle, because her lane is shit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I could be wrong, but I think the game now trys to sort the regions by what should be the closest geographically.

Haly

Why, in the name of god, would you ever depend on your allies in pub games?

My default assumption is that all teammates that I'm not partied with are babies drooling over their keyboard.

This is the flowchart for determining a good hero vs a bad hero:

Can I singlehandedly carry my team of addled children?
Yes -> Good hero
No -> Bad hero

Lotto

I just got wrecked by a decent Earth Spirit and Invoker. It's something else when I play against people that actually know how to play those heroes. RIP my 90% Enigma winrate :(

Oh, you made those videos? I just assumed it was a common name and never made the connection with you.

If by videos you mean articles, then yep that's me. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'm going to stick with 720p@60 rather than 1080@30.

Also, is this a bug or has it always worked like this. I could have sworn clicking the Drum would have just bought the ingredients I had left, not buy the whole thing outright.

B2P6WSW.gif

Chris R

If by videos you mean articles, then yep that's me. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'm going to stick with 720p@60 rather than 1080@30.

Also, is this a bug or has it always worked like this. I could have sworn clicking the Drum would have just bought the ingredients I had left, not buy the whole thing outright.

B2P6WSW.gif

Looks like a bug... I've never had it act like that for me.

Skab

B2P6WSW.gif

I don't know if its a bug or not, but it has to do with your inventory being full when completing something that has a recipe. If you had one free slot in your inventory there, that would have worked properly.

Chris R

1/1/13
2/2/20
5/0/9

:^)

Those assist numbers mean your team knew what they were doing. Not that I care too much since I was just playing unranked shit, but it seems to be the same story when I'm playing ranked.

Someone will pick a heavy carry and then just blow ass. I mean my team had me mid (3-0'd their drow on my WD though lol) when we had an OD...

Those assist numbers mean your team knew what they were doing. Not that I care too much since I was just playing unranked shit, but it seems to be the same story when I'm playing ranked.

Someone will pick a heavy carry and then just blow ass. I mean my team had me mid (3-0'd their drow on my WD though lol) when we had an OD...
The worst games as a support are games where either your team is too bad for your support to matter or your opposing team is too bad for your supporting to be important, then it's just boring.

And people who pick mid heroes but are too scared to actually go mid(because going 1v1 exposes how bad you really are) are the worst. Had a TA almost make me go mid as Disruptor.

Gonna go ahead and say that Bloodseeker is still not a good hero.

Or it's not the hero, but the kind of person that would pick Bloodseeker in the first place generally being shit.

Hard to say.

G.ZZZ

It's great except, LC is still a bad hero overall. She's a one skill hero like Beastmaster and her one skill isn't even that good.

Blink, Duel, and then what? People just run away from you. Or blow you up. Her problem is that not only does need to win duels, but she also needs to get kill gold or not get killed. She needs to farm and gank at the same time. This requires a very aggressive lineup that can enable her to build up Duels so she can explode people in the late game.

Git Gud

http://dotabuff.com/matches/636287538

I fed first blood in like a tard cause i tried to dodge an hook from pudge and ran in circle around him instead of going away instantly, but he actually didn't have an hook cause he missed lol.
Then i got blink.

dmshaposv

Or it's not the hero, but the kind of person that would pick Bloodseeker in the first place generally being shit.

Hard to say.

Typical Bloodseeker:

on my team: AFK farms jungle all day. Is 3 levels behind everyone else, has only SnY 20 mins in and all rupture ganks vs. into 3 heroes, and dies under tower.

other team: Has force staff by minute 10, goes around killing my entire team in several rupture ganks, tower dives and has blade mail and radiance by 25 mins.

Acinixys

The worst games as a support are games where either your team is too bad for your support to matter or your opposing team is too bad for your supporting to be important, then it's just boring.

And people who pick mid heroes but are too scared to actually go mid(because going 1v1 exposes how bad you really are) are the worst. Had a TA almost make me go mid as Disruptor.

You should be willing to mid anything. Most mid players are terrible unless theyre tryharding on Invoker

Yesterday I went mid with Sven vs Puck. Just gotta do the best you can and not lose the lane and then you win

So I decided to finally sell my Leviathan Whale Blade and trade out for the Earthshaker set.

I have a really hard time getting blink up on this guy. Anyone have tips for how to lane him? General item build? I think I've determined basi is a waste in him because his mana pool is just too tiny for the regen to be worth it.

I know I should basically play like a walking fissure for the first levels until my blink is up. The mana issues tho!

The real ES build is Midas - Phase - Battlefury - Crit - Blink - MKB - BKB - AC

Enchant Totem - Hit hero - Crit for 2.5K - Win game

Hard to say.

Bloodcyka pickers suffer from Pudgeism in that as soon as they hit 6 they stop farming and wait in the jungle for 10 minutes to Ult someone and get a kill. Then they end 0/20/1 and call their team shit cause theyre lvl 15 at 40 mins

If you farm hard on BS and get some core items up hes a beast. Plus his Silence gives him over 600 DPS in the lategame

Zocano

Ugh, I'm starting to solo queue more and more since my usual buddies are either busy or don't have the ravenous need to play often.

It's making me fall into the whole "foreigners suck" mindset which is terrible and I need to get rid of it. I just hate it that I can't communicate with my team 98.9% of the time.

Even then, I agree with what you said just earlier Haly. I used to play a variety of heros, mostly supports, and have slowly been getting more accustomed with Earth Spirit (love him greatly). But most of the heroes I love to play aren't the wons that carry the team to victory or can overcome teammates that are just morons or unable to speak with me because language barriers. I lose games playing the heroes I enjoy (usually, not all the time, but usually) and have to settle with just playing hard carries, strong mid-game heroes, etc. Mostly Sven. Sven is fun, but he's just such a boring hero. Most of the hard *hard* carries are, I feel. Except maybe Spectre. But even I feel I "have" to play those to try and at least ensure a better chance at winning games (or at least losing but feeling like it wasn't as much of a stomp if I had picked a lower position hero).

So basically #soloqueuelife

Oh well. I'd rather have a close game and lose while playing someone like Earth Spirit instead of wrecking house with a Sven or CK or w/e.

Also my favorite heroes are Bara and LC and they are pretty garbage without a team to back them up and get shut down easily so I never play them unless I'm with my group.

Oh well. Gonna be stuck in 2.8K for a while.

/rant

G.ZZZ

I find this pretty sad given your 3000 games, because my 250 games smurf is pretty much locked into Very High.

It will take you more than 3000 games to get to where I did in 200. How does that make you feel?

5-man party bro. Should i link for the 1-millionth time the game where i slay merlini? #merlinislayer

EDIT: also my smurf was queueing 1st game pages and got to VH in 6 games. Git gud

9th game ever on my smurf, VH :

http://dotabuff.com/matches/98090999

I actually created this smurf to see how many games you needed to get to VH, and i got in 6. Dotabuff don't work anymore for old games, but my 6th game was already in VH. Then i started to use the account only for stupid shit (82% wr zeus with 6.75 KDA lol) and abandoned it shortly.

Top Bottom