• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how far apart can two mmrs before you can't queue ranked together? 500? 1000?

edit: found it on reddit, it's 2k

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Really sad that the pl set got nyxed, they could have just not included the one helm style and it would be fine. I would have likely bought the tournament ticket if it was still in.

shira

Just saw them on Matt's stream. Two new baby Rohans, one colored like lava, the other like ice
CJA0MoA.png
Same as this?

Kard8p3

legit just had a game where this et cried bc mid veno didn't gank bot, so he followed me around in jungle taking my last hits and soaking my xp lol. This is why DOTA is goat imo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I decided to check out a League of Legends stream on a whim and wow what the hell did they do to Heimerdonger?

H-28G Evolution Turret
ACTIVE: Heimerdinger deploys a turret at the target location. Heimerdinger stores enough parts for a new turret every several seconds (affected by cooldown reduction) but can only keep a limited number of turrets in reserve. Up to 3 turrets can be deployed at a time and deploying a fourth turret destroys the oldest one.

Turrets have 525-range basic attacks and a 1100-range laser beam. The laser beam is a pass-through skill shot that fires upon reaching 100% charge. Charge generates passively and the turret's basic attacks will generate additional charge, with a maximum recharge time of 12 seconds. Turrets deactivate if Heimerdinger is more than 1000 distance away for longer than 8 seconds.

H-28Q Apex Turret
UPGRADE!!! - ACTIVE: Heimerdinger constructs an Apex Turret that lasts for 8 seconds. The Apex Turret deals modified damage based on the rank in UPGRADE!!!; gains a 25% slow and 100% splash damage on its basic attacks; and the laser beam is wider and charges twice as fast. The Apex Turret does not count toward Heimerdinger's turret limit, nor does it interact with his turret reserve.

ACTIVE: Heimerdinger unleashes a barrage of 5 rockets that converge on the target location and fan beyond it up to a maximum range, each rocket dealing magic damage to the first enemy it hits.
Enemies champions and neutral monsters that are hit by more than one rocket take 20% magic damage for each rocket beyond the first. Enemy minions take modified damage from each rocket.

Hextech Rocket Swarm
UPGRADE!!! - ACTIVE: Heimerdinger launches 4 waves of rockets in quick succession. Upgraded rockets deal modified damage based on the rank in UPGRADE!!!.

CH-2 Electron Storm Grenade
ACTIVE: Heimerdinger hurls a grenade at a targeted location, dealing magic damage and slowing enemies hit by 35% for 2 seconds. Enemies struck directly by the grenade are also stunned for 1.25 seconds.

CH-3X Lightning Grenade
UPGRADE!!! - ACTIVE: Heimerdinger hurls a grenade that bounces up to 3 times, discharging on each bounce. Each discharge deals modified damage based on the rank in UPGRADE!!!, the slow is increased to 80% and the area of effect is larger. Enemies can only be damaged by the grenade once, but can be slowed and stunned multiple times if circumstances permit.

UPGRADE!!!
ACTIVE: Heimerdinger empowers his next basic ability, also making it free to cast. Empowered abilities share the same cooldown as their basic form.
After Heimerdinger has had UPGRADE!!! active for 3 seconds without using another ability, he can reactivate it to cancel the empowerment and put UPGRADE!!! on a 3 second static cooldown. UPGRADE!!! will only go on its normal cooldown if Heimerdinger used an empowered ability.

What happened to "Thou shalt not burden thy players with knowledge"?

Fucking Earth Spirit's tooltips are shorter god damn.

Boulder Smash
Earth Spirit smashes the target enemy, ally, or Stone Remnant, knocking it back in the direction he is facing. The knocked back target deals damage to all units it hits. If the target was a Stone Remnant, damaged targets are also stunned, and the travel distance is improved.

Rolling Boulder
After a 0.6s delay, Earth Spirit becomes a boulder, rolling in the direction he is facing and damaging enemy units, stopping if he collides with an enemy hero or is stunned. If the boulder rolls over a Stone Remnant, the Stone Remnant is consumed and travel distance and speed are improved, and impacted enemies have their movement and attack speed slowed.

Geomagnetic Grip
Earth Spirit pulls the target allied unit or Stone Remnant to his location. Enemies struck by the flying target will be silenced, and take damage if the flying target is a Stone Remnant.

Stone Remnant
Call a Stone Remnant at the target location. Stones Remnants have no vision and are invulnerable, and can be used with Earth Spirit's abilities. Calling a Stone Remnant consumes a charge, which recharge over time. Earth Spirit can have 6 Stone Remnants active at one time.

Magnetize
Magnetizes enemy units in a small nearby area, causing them to take damage over time for a short duration. Any magnetized units cause nearby Stone Remnants to become energized and explode, applying/refreshing the magnetize debuff on all enemy units near the Stone Remnant. This process can repeat multiple times. Stone Remnants are destroyed in this process. If an enemy hero is affected by silence or slows as a result of Rolling Boulder or Boulder Smash, all magnetized heroes share the effects.

BeesEight

What happened to "Thou shalt not burden thy players with knowledge"?

Fucking Earth Spirit's tooltips are shorter god damn.

Seeing that Nidalee has two skill sets depending on her transformation (thus, three total less skills than Invoker) and she was an early developed hero champion, the whole "burden of knowledge" has always been bullshit.

Morello has always been awful. Did they ever get him to stop posting on the forums?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, taking a good look at the new items, a lot of them are pretty bad. Puck wings are ok, and the Sniper set is fine (Though I feel its really damn dull), I like that cape for Wraith King. Rest of them are pretty bad. I don't think there is a single good part to that Centaur set, and find the Shadow Shaman one to be pretty crummy looking. Kunnka's is odd, part of it seems like it could be cool, like the Sholder and the Chest, but I don't like that hat, and the sword is super dull looking.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt, why didn't you mention the strings related to servers? The pure server command points to more progress made on custom servers (Or that Valve is going to start barring people from using mods)
GameUI_Disconnect_User" "Disconnected by user"
"GameUI_Disconnect_Server" "Disconnected from Server"

"GameUI_Disconnect_NoSpectators" "Match does not allow spectators"
"GameUI_Disconnect_DisconnectByUser" "Disconnect by user"
"GameUI_Disconnect_DisconnectByServer" "Disconnect by server"
"GameUI_Disconnect_HLTVDirect" "SourceTV can not connect to game directly"
"GameUI_Disconnect_PureServer_ClientExtra" "Pure server: client has loaded extra file(s)"
"GameUI_Disconnect_PureServer_Mismatch" "Pure server: client file does not match server"
"GameUI_Disconnect_UserCmd" "Error in parsing user commands"
"GameUI_Disconnect_RejectedByGame" "Connection rejected by game"

Also, Dreamer's Gem was updated, it now tracks "Dreams Imposed" instead of Victories.
Edit: Ok, it doesn't. It should according to the schema, but doesn't. Odd. I bet if you bought a compendium on a new account, it would give a proper gem.

Also, Valve made it so all the items that had Kinetic Gems will now always generate them and won't get overwritten. (The gems are put in Socket 5 instead of Socket 1).

All future Snowball Stingers that are unboxed will finally have their Kinetic Gem
F5CB59F85FB1C445802CFC85204269D9C02FADB4

Edit: Any idea of what "set_elevated_quality" does?

inkls

Tried Doom aghs + refresher to check how fun/effective it is and I have to say I'm not really impressed.

Aghs I can see being useful if you want to pick off heroes that can survive for the 15 seconds and would have an easy escape and/or abilities that could permit them to turn the gank around. As an example, in one of the two games I tried, there was a lifestealer that was unkillable because of his hp + feast. Doom disables feast but he was still tanky enough to survive the duration, not after aghs though.

Refresher wasn't really great, I'd have preferred to spend the gold on a heart in retrospective, so there's that.

Still a fun hero either way, still no idea how to lane him.

shira

Yeah, taking a good look at the new items, a lot of them are pretty bad. Puck wings are ok, and the Sniper set is fine (Though I feel its really damn dull), I like that cape for Wraith King. Rest of them are pretty bad. I don't think there is a single good part to that Centaur set, and find the Shadow Shaman one to be pretty crummy looking. Kunnka's is odd, part of it seems like it could be cool, like the Sholder and the Chest, but I don't like that hat, and the sword is super dull looking.

I take it back bounch, I'd rather have rm quality for ticket packins

Matt, why didn't you mention the strings related to servers? The pure server command points to more progress made on custom servers (Or that Valve is going to start barring people from using mods)

Also, Dreamer's Gem was updated, it now tracks "Dreams Imposed" instead of Victories.
Edit: Ok, it doesn't. It should according to the schema, but doesn't. Odd. I bet if you bought a compendium on a new account, it would give a proper gem.

Also, Valve made it so all the items that had Kinetic Gems will now always generate them and won't get overwritten. (The gems are put in Socket 5 instead of Socket 1).

All future Snowball Stingers that are unboxed will finally have their Kinetic Gem
F5CB59F85FB1C445802CFC85204269D9C02FADB4

Edit: Any idea of what "set_elevated_quality" does?
I covered those strings. set_elevated_quality forces a specific quality like Genuine, like the F2P collector's bundle.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Can you explain this?

When a item is created that has random inscribed gems/slots, the random gems will occupy slot 1, then slot 2, ect. Before, kinetic gems would be in slot 1, so if an item that would have a kinetic gem was randomed a inscribed gem from a chest, the inscribed gem would overwrite the kinetic gem. By making the kinetic gem default to slot 5, it makes it so it can't be over written by inscribed gem when unboxed.

So for example, the chest the Silent Ripper comes from now puts inscribed gems into all unboxed items. Before, the random inscribed gem would overwrite the default Kinetic gem that chances the pounce animation. Now, after this change, unboxed versions of this item will have both its default kinetic gem and the random inscribed gem.

Top Bottom