• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you have any flyer miles?

Nope. Closest I got is like $3.50 in credit for Amazon with my credit card.

My bet is this is the seating setup Valve is going to use (Except they just won't use 1/3rd where you can't see the players):
Seating_KeyArena_concert.jpg

Or they could go with this set up, which allows them to fill the entire arena:
Seating_KeyArena_intheround.jpg

fly southwest airlines if you live in their service area

I don't think so. I live in Florida, so this is basically the longest possible flight while staying in the continental US.

try to make it back by scalping secret shop merch i guess?

Well, thats part of the plan. Ok, lets try and get $400 tickets first, but I guess I should secure a seat first. I hope the Ticketmaster fees aren't to much, a $200 seat already hurts. Time to fire up the budget.

aeolist

Banned
there is not a chance in hell you're getting a $300 plane ticket from florida to seatac

try to make it back by scalping secret shop merch i guess?

e. southwest actually does fly out of jacksonville but it's like $600 each way

Tips for finding cheaper airfare, always mess the departure and arrival days around. It can sometimes save you lots of money easily paying for another day of hotel.

There are hostels within walking distance of the Key Arena.

shira

Nope. Closest I got is like $3.50 in credit for Amazon with my credit card.

My bet is this is the seating setup Valve is going to use (Except they just won't use 1/3rd where you can't see the players):
Seating_KeyArena_concert.jpg

Or they could go with this set up, which allows them to fill the entire arena:
Seating_KeyArena_intheround.jpg

iwZjLryjvB0PT.jpg

Yesssssss. Yessssssssssss

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If you have the money, you could just come for a few days. I'm sure the weekend portion will be hype in its own right. Hell, if you get the weekend off already, take Monday off and get a flight back that night/early morning. What kind of days are you working?

And really, flight booking advice. Come on, one of you gotta have some good skills, I want at my ticket to only be like $300, because 5 nights at a hotel isn't going to be cheap.
Hotwire flex date
Hostels on airbnb

Chris R

Really wish Volvo had released this info on Sunday though. Because if this is April's Fools shit I'll be pissed off after booking hotel rooms and flights :<

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'll make a big effort to attend. I'm 95% sure I should be able to get the time off from work and work around the school stuff.
Gonna go for the floor seats as I don't have enough plans / past dota work to really make use of the networking of the $500 one now I think. I already talked to Zyori and Kpoptosis anyway.

Are there any limitation on ticket transfers? Last year was in Steam? But this is through TicketMaster?

Quesa

Really wish Volvo had released this info on Sunday though. Because if this is April's Fools shit I'll be pissed off after booking hotel rooms and flights :<

I hate that you can't even make announcements before AFD. It's asinine.

And as Juice said in his thread, the best way to win at lower levels is to give your team the middle finger, play what you want, and farmville until you can steamroll the enemy team.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/589360301

Four-stack I was playing with kept complaining about me not being in fights while I was taking tower. I took three or four of them solo while they kept getting caught out. Dazz refused to buy wards until I was present in a teamfight, and by the time I took him up on it, I was dealing about 400 dmg not counting wolves/necro. Gratned I was dumb and got caught going to the ss at one point, but by then we were so far ahead it didn't matter. I had to take rosh at 13 mins cuz of a gank and was generally slow to come online and this hero is still too baller to fuck with.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's real, just poor timing.

Well, they have to put the TI4 news up tonight, since tomorrow is the Techies blog post, then the Test Patch Wednesday, the Live Patch Thursday, and then the Tickets will be on sale.

Also, here is a picture of how the arena looks when set up for a concert, I'm expecting TI4 to look similar (Though with some giant projection screens)
Z03ysf2.jpg

I'll make a big effort to attend. I'm 95% sure I should be able to get the time off from work and work around the school stuff.
Gonna go for the floor seats as I don't have enough plans / past dota work to really make use of the networking of the $500 one now I think.

Are there any limitation on ticket transfers? Last year was in Steam? But this is through TicketMaster?

I would imagine the tickets should be even easier to transfer then last year, last year you had to trade the steam item or give the person the ticket Valve emailed.

I think I'm going to aim for Floor Seats too. Its likely going to cost like $800 for flight + hotel, I could at least dish out the extra $100 for a ticket.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well, they have to put the TI4 news up tonight, since tomorrow is the Techies blog post, then the Test Patch Wednesday, the Live Patch Thursday, and then the Tickets will be on sale.

Also, here is a picture of how the arena looks when set up for a concert, I'm expecting TI4 to look similar (Though with some giant projection screens)
Z03ysf2.jpg
Really puts Staples Center and LoL Worlds into perspective. (Only 600 difference in capacity)
Yes, it was sold out.

(Higher perspective of Staples)
8fUO3NG.jpg

Valve have to manage the event and handle the capacity upgrade, this is a big step for them. It makes sense to go with somewhere like the KeyArena first.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Valve have to manage the event and handle the capacity upgrade, this is a big step for them. It makes sense to go with somewhere like the KeyArena first.
I did a quick check and it's only a 600 person difference, just the perspective and 2nd to 3rd floor seating being a ton of VIP and camera accommodations I think.

It's a massive difference from the Hall, which was super swanky. I'll miss it.

As you can see from my seat at Worlds, there is a slight viewing problem because:
1) LoL observer UI is fucking tiny
2) The only two secondary screens are placed horribly at the back.

I hope Valve can work out something much much better.

GtLNe50.jpg

AJIh4Xv.jpg

TI2 floor seats for reference:
mzLaCyo.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I think the Key Arena will be more then enough, it holds 15k+ people. Even if Valve only uses 10k spots, I think they still run a real risk of not being able to fill up the place due to it being on the West Coast of the US. Or maybe I am underestimating things, how many spots has ESL sold?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why would they have issues with it being on the West Coast? My airfare is only $219 round trip!

Because I feel the Europeans still make up the bulk of the Western Dota Audience, and may not be willing to fly like 12 hours (Plus, it can't be cheap crossing both the Atlantic and the the Americas). But I know fuck all about this kind of stuff.

shira

Z03ysf2.jpg

I would imagine the tickets should be even easier to transfer then last year, last year you had to trade the steam item or give the person the ticket Valve emailed.

I think I'm going to aim for Floor Seats too. Its likely going to cost like $800 for flight + hotel, I could at least dish out the extra $100 for a ticket.
That's a lot of obstructed views

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Because I feel the Europeans still make up the bulk of the Western Dota Audience, and may not be willing to fly like 12 hours (Plus, it can't be cheap crossing both the Atlantic and the the Americas). But I know fuck all about this kind of stuff.
There were quite a lot of non US people for LoL worlds, but I have no numbers, and obviously LoL has bigger numbers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That's a lot of obstructed views

Yeah, thats why I think if they use the concert layout, they would only do 2/3rd of the stadium, or they may do the ring lay out and set it up similar to TI1.

EMP is the most no-fun ability in the game

It really is, but at least its harder to land then the old EMP - Tornado, which required no skill to drain an entire teams mana pool.

shira

I can see 9 of the 11 Invited:
Navi
DK
C9
Fnatic
Vici
Alliance
EG
Empire
iG

But Newbee, Sigma, Rox.Kis??? They don't deserve invites.
Liquid is garbage tier, LGD unknown, Titan unknown, Scythe unknown.

Really curious to see who gets what. All the qualifiers are going to be crazy and so will the the 4 man batlleroyale for the final wildcard.

mfaex

I can see 9 of the 11 Invited:
Navi
DK
C9
Fnatic
Vici
Alliance
EG
Empire
iG

But Newbee, Sigma, Rox.Kis??? They don't deserve invites.
Liquid is garbage tier, LGD unknown, Titan unknown, Scythe unknown.

Really curious to see who gets what. All the qualifiers are going to be crazy and so will the the 4 man batlleroyale for the final wildcard.

Newbee (ex-Tongfu+xiao8), Titan (SEA rep), with your 9. Newbee are starting to play like we all expected. SEA I suspect will get a representative like NA would have even if the new EG weren't any good.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Planning on going to TI4 from the Northeast. Got a setup here, nonstop flights to/from Seattle/Philly, hotel room near the arena for 5 nights, roughly 900 bucks. Probably gonna pull the trigger, doesn't seem like there's gonna be a much cheaper option.

shira

Newbee (ex-Tongfu+xiao8), Titan (SEA rep), with your 9. Newbee are starting to play like we all expected. SEA I suspect will get a representative like NA would have even if the new EG weren't any good.

Newbee haven't won anything. Their winloss record is 14/14. That's not good at all.

Titan maybe.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Has anyone else been experiencing lag/stuttering lately?
My games have been filled with it lately.

edit: Ping traces to US West is ~95ms with jumps up to ~300, and US East is ~45ms with jumps up to ~180.

curse you Charter

Top Bottom