• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

mfaex

Newbee haven't won anything. Their winloss record is 14/14. That's not good at all.

Titan maybe.

Titan or Orange. Newbee can play their way in. Started taking games off of elite teams (DK, IG). Now, if the rumor that Korea gets a direct invite comes true, that fills up the last spot regardless.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think the ring setup is more hype

Yeah, I think Valve will likely use a modified Ring Layout. Could be great. You planning to come Boken, or just going to watch from home?

Also, I really think Titan will get invited. They are 4/5 of the old Team Orange, who did very well in 2013 with a 3rd place TI3 finish.

The alt text on the TI4 page "mad purps" can't actually mean something, right? Its just valve being silly?

Quesa

Has anyone else been experiencing lag/stuttering lately?
My games have been filled with it lately.

edit: Ping traces to US West is ~95ms with jumps up to ~300, and US East is ~45ms with jumps up to ~180.

curse you Charter

Yeah. Had a couple games where I'd jump up to 450 ping then back down after 10 minutes. It sucked but I was Earthshaker so I still got ganks off.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Well I've got the flights and hotel booked for me and a bro. Just gotta hope I can snatch the actual event tickets up this Friday.

Edit: And I love all the complaining on reddit about the lack of notice. Honestly if you can't scrape together 100 bucks with a work week's notice I'm not sure it's all that wise to spend 500-1000 dollars to travel to a video game tournament in general.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well I've got the flights and hotel booked for me and a bro. Just gotta hope I can snatch the actual event tickets up this Friday.

There are 10k+ tickets. At worse we get stuck in the bleachers and can't get one of those Floor Seats (This is assuming you are there when the tickets go live. They gotta take at least 10 minutes to sell out, right?)

spk

What's the name of the site that lets you sort through pro game replays by player and heroes again? I know it's been asked once or twice before, sorry

CryptiK

iwZjLryjvB0PT.jpg

Yesssssss. Yessssssssssss
This would be amazing if only we had the technology :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
wait, so it is not my shitty connection?

then fucking valve

I assumed it was my shitty connection or my RAM on my laptop overheating, but lowering the graphics settings doesn't effect it at all.

There's funny business going on.

Cardboard cutouts rigged to battlebot rovers synchronized with player movements and creep spawns. Flashing lights for abilities, wards, and black holes sold seperately.

Why not just have a hologram stage?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What if there was a hero that could switch their primary attribute?

I have a really crappy hero concept based on the TF2 spy that could do that, but I think it could be a really cool mechanic for Valve/Icefrog to explore in the future.

Boken

Banned
Yeah, I think Valve will likely use a modified Ring Layout. Could be great. You planning to come Boken, or just going to watch from home?

Also, I really think Titan will get invited. They are 4/5 of the old Team Orange, who did very well in 2013 with a 3rd place TI3 finish.

The alt text on the TI4 page "mad purps" can't actually mean something, right? Its just valve being silly?
I'm from the land of kangaroos and drop bears, so I think it's a little too expensive for me

Randdalf

I have a really crappy hero concept based on the TF2 spy that could do that, but I think it could be a really cool mechanic for Valve/Icefrog to explore in the future.

Definitely, especially if the hero's abilities were sort of similar to how Morphling and Invoker work (i.e. how many points he has in Quas/Wex/Exort determine the power/capability of the ability). Such an ability might allow for a very versatile hero that could legitimately work as a hard carry down to a hard support.

13 minute radiance as lone druid, still lose game. Teammates have 4x more deaths than I do, each. Surprise, its a mixed party stack. Urge to uninstall rising.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Geez, I actually got duped into thinking some guy on reddit was making criticism on the team match making system and gave actual feedback on some ways to make it better, only to find it to be some one trying to troll :/

Wok

I wish the International would be held on a different continent every year.
  • 2011: Europe
  • 2012: North America
  • 2013: North America
  • 2014: North America
Or, I don't know, come back to Europe...

Calidor

I wish the International would be held on a different continent every year.
  • 2011: Europe
  • 2012: North America
  • 2013: North America
  • 2014: North America
Or, I don't know, come back to Europe...

TI5 to be held in Lima, you hear it here first folks

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This would be amazing if only we had the technology :(
TI4 confirmed to be VR exclusive. Everyone gets a headset and a controllable camera in game. The entirety of Key Arena and players are modeled and updated in real time so you never need to take it off.

Nymerio

TI4 confirmed to be VR exclusive. Everyone gets a headset and a controllable camera in game. The entirety of Key Arena and players are modeled and updated in real time so you never need to take it off.

You know, I'd love some kind of VR mode for spectating dota. Just imagine you can watch a game like it's being played on a miniature map on a table in front of you. I think that'd look really neat.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just played Riki for the very first time ever. I don't want to play Riki anymore. Feels bad for the game to be that easy (at trench tier).

Kreunt

Banned

Well TI4 is around the time Oculus DK2's will be shipping out to people..

Razzer

I just played Riki for the very first time ever. I don't want to play Riki anymore. Feels bad for the game to be that easy (at trench tier).

However, there is nothing more panic inducing in Dota than getting dust popped on you just as you thought you got away for the first time. ( Also for other heroes but for Riki it's amplified)

Top Bottom