• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kard8p3

So I have two questions.

For those who went to ti3 how expensive was stuff at the shop?

Also I remember Cyborgmatt saying we will have something tied to our account to track the games we watch in person, will it be possible to use money from our steam wallet?

I wish Valve didn't put gems on the immortal items. AH is super shady right now with people replacing kinetic gems with cheap gems so that they can still be listed as "inscribed"

inkls

I wish Valve didn't put gems on the immortal items. AH is super shady right now with people replacing kinetic gems with cheap gems so that they can still be listed as "inscribed"

Yeah, noticed that when I was looking at listings. Any way valve could solve this?

Hylian7

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830833

Oh Thacker, you can't use DOTA tactics IRL.

1http://i.imgur.com/b3HMkVX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TCCfn2k.jpg
Plus 9.5% tax

2Probably

3Probably not

tomorrow, first match
t1401980400z1.png
Hey man, you don't know. Maybe everyone there was Peruvian.

dmshaposv

so tinker players, against which mid heroes should i go the laser/missile build and when should i go laser/max march of machine build?

Artanisix

so tinker players, against which mid heroes should i go the laser/missile build and when should i go laser/max march of machine build?

I personally like the RTZ Tinker build.

Two in laser, one or two in missile, max march. This gives you some decent nuking power for both lane control and for kill securing if supports roam and help you mid or for scaring off supports attempting to gank you. Missile is still maxed by seven and allows you to flash farm.

Jex

Just got my 5th set of Trading Cards. Oddly I now have 3 Fly Cards.

Apparently I just attract pointless collectible cards.

Island

Just got my 5th set of Trading Cards. Oddly I now have 3 Fly Cards.

Apparently I just attract pointless collectible cards.

At least you get stuff. I must have at least 10 games in a row and have won nothing but my level up reward. I even had one long game where 9 prizes handed out and I still didn't get one. I think I am going to start tracking.

Wok

Daily challenge #3 is Pugna. After a game made of pure feeding, I managed to support and push lanes correctly in a second game. Done!

Io was easier. Rushing Midas in the second game was a good idea. In the first game, I got confused and ended up building nothing.

Edit: The first game with Pugna, I sold everything for a Force Staff since we were being fountain-camped.

Mohasus

Daily challenge #3 is Pugna. After a game made of pure feeding, I managed to support and push lanes correctly in a second game. Done!

DVA0Zhv.jpg

Io was easier. Rushing Midas in the second game was a good idea. In the first game, I got confused and ended up building nothing.

Edit: The first game with Pugna, I sold everything for a Force Staff since we were being fountain-camped.

Mek is core on Io, that shit heals a lot (625hp).

Wok

Mek is core on Io, that shit heals a lot (625hp).

Mek had already been bought, and we had lots of magic heroes in the opposite team, so I got Pipe instead. The passive health regen was appreciable.

By the way, Io can jungle a bit with Spirits and Relocate (for the regen). It is quite effective to farm between fights. I am sure Midas jungling Io would be legit.

Mohasus

Mek had already been bought, and we had lots of magic heroes in the opposite team, so I got Pipe instead. The passive health regen was appreciable.

The other guy should get pipe as it doesn't change with tether. Anyway, you won and that's what matters for the daily challenge.

fGGo7h1.png

Just knocked out KotL and Brew back to back with the help of fellow scrubGAF, ggs!

Sooo, now I'm left with the hard part of my compendium heroes; carries and mids. I might be able to win with Pudge, but Storm Spirit and Morphling seem so intense I'm affraid to touch them, and I have no idea how NP even works. After I get Pudge, should I use my reroll? I think I can handle most heroes better than those I have now, but there's always the chance of Invoker/Meepo/Chen/Earth Spirit...

Not sure why people think both supports should share the ward burden equally.

Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Often one support needs some sort of farm or is the one that's farming a mek, so that one doesn't need to buy wards until he gets the farm necessary(mek, aghs, whatever). Sharing the ward buying duties is just not efficient in those instances.

Wok

fGGo7h1.png

Just knocked out KotL and Brew back to back with the help of fellow scrubGAF, ggs!

Sooo, now I'm left with the hard part of my compendium heroes; carries and mids. I might be able to win with Pudge, but Storm Spirit and Morphling seem so intense I'm affraid to touch them, and I have no idea how NP even works. After I get Pudge, should I use my reroll? I think I can handle most heroes better than those I have now, but there's always the chance of Invoker/Meepo/Chen/Earth Spirit...

NP is easy: farm and rat-push. If your team can sustain a few 4vs5 fights, you will be able to destroy all the ennemy towers in no time. Then the game will get easier for your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom