• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are so lame. Why would anyone wear these shirts in public or pay like $20-30. I'm a massive C9 fan but these are idiotic

268x268.resizedimage

'The Eternal Luna?' What the fuck does that even mean?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For all of you guys, what do you max first on Shadow Demon? Normally I do Soul Catcher, but I'm wondering if it would be more useful to max Disruption first, the decrease in cool down is really nice.

Also, I really need to get better at extracting money from the jungle as a support, so many games it takes forever to even get up a pair of boots. If we can't get any kills.

ZeroX03

Banned
God damn this daily hero shit is as bad the 10 challenge heroes.

People picking heroes that don't suit the team or that they have no clue how to play. Then of course they lose, and repeat the process. This was not one of Valve's better ideas.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

People picking heroes that don't suit the team or that they have no clue how to play. Then of course they lose, and repeat the process. This was not one of Valve's better ideas.
Winning is overrated
bWbz99N.png

shira

Is that NaVi.US logo with the American flag styling official or just something somebody made?

made by 'Murican fan, of the most 'Murican team in 'Murica.
'Murica. Fuck yeah!

The real one is just a reversed peru flag

5565.png

but but but they love it in Hearthstone

Zephyx

For all of you guys, what do you max first on Shadow Demon? Normally I do Soul Catcher, but I'm wondering if it would be more useful to max Disruption first, the decrease in cool down is really nice.

I normally max Soul Catcher too for the increased amplification.I usually max Shadow Poison next (whatever that skill name is) then Disruption or get 2 levels in Disruption then max Poison. You can also cast that skill on a disrupted opponent for the bonus damage. Also, you're either dead after your initial disruption or you can't cast it for a second time as the clash will be over before it cools down.

sixghost

Also, I really need to get better at extracting money from the jungle as a support, so many games it takes forever to even get up a pair of boots. If we can't get any kills.

I think it depends on what type of game you expect. Soul catcher is great when you are going to be aggressive early and have a good ganking partner that can take advantage of the setup and damage amp from SDs combo. Mirana, lina, tiny, QE invoker, centaur, etc. If the other team seems like they are going to 5 man early and push hard, shadow poison is better.

I'm not sure if you should ever max Q first. Maybe if you have a hero that can really take advantage of the illusions and you think you might end up really underleveled.

FACE

Banned
Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. Often one support needs some sort of farm or is the one that's farming a mek, so that one doesn't need to buy wards until he gets the farm necessary(mek, aghs, whatever). Sharing the ward buying duties is just not efficient in those instances.

Exactly, it depends on your picks. That's why it's usually good to have a support like Lich on your team.

It is a really disruptive and shitty idea just on its face.

Is it usual at the low level for a team with too many carries to look like they'll lose easily, and then obliterate the opposition in about 10 minutes at the end?

It didn't seem like any of us were levelled enough to win, but there came a definite tipping point where it was enough to just move around in a group and win with brute force.

I keep rushing into picking the hero I want to pick, and then kicking myself as everyone else does the same leaving us unbalanced

Quesa

Is it usual at the low level for a team with too many carries to look like they'll lose easily, and then obliterate the opposition in about 10 minutes?

It didn't seem like any of us were levelled enough to win, but there came a definite tipping point where it was enough to just move around in a group and win with brute force.

I keep rushing into picking the hero I want to pick, and then kicking myself as everyone else does the same leaving us unbalanced

If your team's set up the right way what "role" the heroes traditionally play doesn't really matter in uncoordinated pubs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
All I know is in pubic games you can easily have a 10k gold swing from one huge engagement going your way. Pickoff into team wipe into death ball.

edit: Fuck it, I'm leaving the typo.

BeesEight

How long do you wait before enough is enough? From reading the thread it sounds like there was a lack of communication and explanation of the process, I don't blame someone for getting upset and being made to wait an hour without being told anything.

Yeah, to be fair to the guy, when I've had interviews with a similar process they are upfront with how it will proceed (fill out forms, competency tests, interview later all with approximate time of completion). I do have to agree it was unprofessional of the employer to not explain anything and leave someone waiting there for an hour (though really 45 minutes since he arrived early).

On the other hand, he did like the worst things one could possibly imagine with the sole exception of possibly defecating on the secretaries desk before screaming "Peace out!" Seriously, would it have killed him to ask how long it was going to take before just bailing? His follow-up email was arrogant as hell. At the very least he could have been apologetic about walking out and lied that he had other commitments while given no clear indication that the interview would be so long. Even if you have no intention of dealing with them again you don't burn bridges.

We've all been there =(

I'm there right now. Just had three loses in a row last night. Partly because because my hero of the day was Timber and I've never played him.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I feel Thacker's issues can probably be traced back to when he was "sexually assaulted" as a minor by a milf.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You guys have to realize that people don't get banned for single posts except in very rare cases (suicides, blatant TOS violations). His unapologetic arrogance and questionable posting history is what got him banned. Any single post can be the tipping point for a mod.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So glad I got Earth Shaker as my Daily hero, got to show off all my awesome items for him. I never feel like I'm all that great at him, but he has one of my highest win rates.

You guys have to realize that people don't get banned for single posts except in very rare cases (suicides, blatant TOS violations). His unapologetic arrogance and questionable posting history is what got him banned. Any single post can be the tipping point for a mod.

I'm surprised he isn't permed yet. Or is he?

Low Tier

bzm got slain for posting a gif of the crocodile from peter pan cuz it was 'seizure inducing' aka moody wanted some o dat hole.

sort of like reports in DOTA

BeesEight

I think it depends on the type of ban. I got a temp for a single post.

But this isn't really here or there. Back to Dota, these recent tournament results are making the top 6 prediction pretty difficult. Do we even have a clear stand out team at the moment?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
bzm got slain for posting a gif of the crocodile from peter pan cuz it was 'seizure inducing' aka moody wanted some o dat hole.

I'm sure moody has an entire list of reasons to ban bzm.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think it depends on the type of ban. I got a temp for a single post.

But this isn't really here or there. Back to Dota, these recent tournament results are making the top 6 prediction pretty difficult. Do we even have a clear stand out team at the moment?

I'm hoping they keep that bit open until the start of the actual tournament, the group stages should give us a good idea.

Nirvana

Certainly not on the guy's side, was one of the first to point out his ridiculous posts in this thread. Just figure that even though it would have to be a culmination of posts to get someone banned, this seems like an odd one to tip a mod over the edge, so to speak.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Someone on Reddit pointed out that Tide's Kraken Shell doesn't dispel blood rage. I wonder how much more is needed for people to reliably pick blood seeker. Maybe he requires a Metagame shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom