• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeth

Sounds like Era got his "hush money". Seems fairly reasonable to conclude that he's being cut in on any winnings if the ruling is changed and for him to shut up otherwise after collaborating on this statement.

This is really desperate of Fnatic, the organization.

Fnatic site down.

Skinpop

Ya for sure. But for some reason, this statement from Era looks way too polished comparing to his other emails. I just get the feeling that either he didn't write it, it was edited or maybe someone translated it from swedish. Not saying fnatic is trying to fool us just that it's not consistent with what I've seen from him earlier.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sounds like Era got his "hush money". Seems fairly reasonable to conclude that he's being cut in on any winnings if the ruling is changed and for him to shut up otherwise after collaborating on this statement.

This is really desperate of Fnatic, the organization.

This was my gut reaction as well, the only reason I'm withholding such a judgement is because it sounds so paranoid.

This was my gut reaction as well, the only reason I'm withholding such a judgement is because it sounds so paranoid.

Well let's go paranoid the other way to the fact that Valve "forgot" to show emails that make their argument look worse

If Era did send an email on the 18th then Valve not showing it is a little strange

Zeth

Totally conspiracy-theory insane and paranoid - I agree. But I'm prone to that kind of cynical thinking.

Maybe Valve's pubstomp page can distract from this clusterfuck of bad PR.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Totally conspiracy-theory insane and paranoid - I agree. But I'm prone to that kind of cynical thinking.

Maybe Valve's pubstomp page can distract from this clusterfuck of bad PR.

Would go to a NYC Pubstomp I'm not even joking.

We World Cup now.

Shinypogs

The biggest losers in all of this are Era if he's being manipulated and another notch against the legitimacy of this TI. If either Fnatic or EG does well with their altered rosters many people will wonder if they truly deserved those placings.

Do teams know the distribution of the prizepool yet could a cut of guaranteed money ( if all 16 get paid) be enough to quiet down dissenters?

sixghost

The biggest losers in all of this are Era if he's being manipulated and another notch against the legitimacy of this TI. If either Fnatic or EG does well with their altered rosters many people will wonder if they truly deserved those placings.

Do teams know the distribution of the prizepool yet could a cut of guaranteed money ( if all 16 get paid) be enough to quiet down dissenters?

I don't think anyone will really give a fuck once the games start.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This stuff with Era sucks. We were wrong to demand transparency about this entire situation as a community. I just hope it's not too late for this to be resolved without doing further harm to his condition.

Fnatic as an organization needs to do some spring cleaning and tidying. That Era didn't feel he could go through his organization to squash issues before firing an email off to Valve (who saw no reason to not take him at his word; his commentary in that email certainly lends the impression that he's in his right mind) is inherently problematic on a multitude of levels. They then bring Valve into the midst of their chaos and confusion with mixed signals, poorly worded communiqué and expect Valve to respond to...which understanding of the situation? The one where Era is presenting himself as a potentially deposed victim? The email chain that appears to paint Fnatic as attempting to improve their roster at the expense of someone who by accounts wants to participate and should be able to if he so choses? All just a couple of weeks before the start of TI4? Mans was saying he was feeling much better and now suddenly who knows? Dem backroom deals.

Fuck outtahere. Era needs to play or Fnatic doesn't play. Period. And Fnatic as an organization needs to get their shit together. Players within the organization need to be able to trust management to effectively communicate needs and issues in a timely fashion in such situations. See: Evil Geniuses.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Don't forget Hylian7 vs actually getting 4k mmr

8vSKDtO.gif

Max

I am not Max
This Fnatic shit is toxic. Just reading about it on all these blog posts and email logs just makes me wish they weren't being so open about it. Why let the community commentate on what's happening when it is only going to make Era feel worse and everybody involved before the actual consequence of either replacing him or not?

Just feel like having this as a private matter between Fnatic and Valve would be more professional... Now whatever happens someone is going to look bad, especially with that tweet coming out, smh

inkls

This Fnatic shit is toxic. Just reading about it on all these blog posts and email logs just makes me wish they weren't being so open about it. Why let the community commentate on what's happening when it is only going to make Era feel worse and everybody involved before the actual consequence of either replacing him or not?

Just feel like having this as a private matter between Fnatic and Valve would be more professional... Now whatever happens someone is going to look bad, especially with that tweet coming out, smh

well fnatic took it out in the public themselves

Sanjay

If Era has legitimate problems this is an awful thing to force on him, do you screw over your own health or do you screw over four of your closest friends?

This whole thing is just a mess overall

I just see Era wanting to play in TI4 but he's not fit enough but he wanted to risk it for that prize money but now I'm guessing they did a deal like you still get a cut even if you don't play, just give up on trying to play as your not healthy.

A big hoo-ha over nothing. Just ends up showing how gaming trying to be a sport fails hard with its governing with no pre-set rules.

Zeth

Watching them try to shame Valve for "breaking confidentiality" when they were the ones that made it public is embarrassing.

That's really the most shameless part. As if Valve were airing the guy's private information. The confidentiality blurb happened weeks ago. before Era's issues were public knowledge - which they very much were by the time Valve made their response post.

If Era has legitimate problems this is an awful thing to force on him, do you screw over your own health or do you screw over four of your closest friends?

This whole thing is just a mess overall

There's a $10,000,000 (and rising) prize pool up for grabs. Mans has about 3 weeks between now and when Fnatic takes the stage for the first time. He said he's been recovering smoothly and hasn't needed any medication. If they need to get him some weed, hire some hookers, get him a lava lamp, or hire a masseuse to keep him relaxed daily, they need to do so. If flying is going to be an issue, get him a few Xanax (my father takes them when he flies to reduce anxiety too) and let him sleep the entire trip.

Whatever the plan, they need to figure one out and put him in the best position to play and stay healthy as possible. Era plays or Fnatic doesn't. They may be salty because they know Xcal is a better player than Era, but too damn bad. Kick Era and plug in Xcal after TI4 if that's how they really feel about it. TI4 rosters are set.

I just see Era wanting to play in TI4 but he's not fit enough but he wanted to risk it for that prize money but now I'm guessing they did a deal like you still get a cut even if you don't play, just give up on trying to play as your not healthy.

A big hoo-ha over nothing. Just ends up showing how gaming trying to be a sport fails hard with its governing with no pre-set rules.

Most likely.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
This whole thing is so fucked up. Sorry to say but i think Era got fucking bribed to keep his mouth shut with the incentive of getting some of that sweet TI money. Actually both valve and fnatic look kinda shady, valve by withholding emails at first and fnatic for giving mixed signals to valve.

There's a $10,000,000 (and rising) prize pool up for grabs. Mans has about 3 weeks between now and when Fnatic takes the stage for the first time. He said he's been recovering smoothly and hasn't needed any medication. If they need to get him some weed, hire some hookers, get him a lava lamp, or hire a messuese to keep him relaxed daily, they need to do so. If flying is going to be an issue, get him a few Xanax (my father takes them when he flies to reduce anxiety too) and let him sleep the entire trip.

Whatever the plan, they need to figure one out and put him in the best position to play and stay healthy as possible. Era plays or Fnatic doesn't. They may be salty because they know Xcal is a better player than Era, but too damn bad. Kick Era and plug in Xcal after TI4 if that's how they really feel about it. TI4 rosters are set.

Honest question if someone on one of the teams picks up a physical injury in the next couple of weeks would you have the same attitude? Like if Dendi picked up a shoulder injury would your stance be Dendi plays or Na'vi doesn't?

And let's not get into Excalibur being a better player than Era it just isn't true, he's better on Meepo and Tinker sure but he's shown to be weak on a lot of other heroes like Shadow Fiend and Lone Druid. Excalibur is just really inexperienced and it shows

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ok can reddit stop voting for juggernaut for all of the goddamn compendium things.

fuck off that hero's fine

Voice and model, whatever, but I need that Yurnero arcana bro, and if you don't vote in line I will have your nuts.

Honest question if someone on one of the teams picks up a physical injury in the next couple of weeks would you have the same attitude?
of course!

If a player picks up an injury and can't play, the team has to forfeit. 2 months out, exceptions can be made. 2 weeks out? Nope. Broke your index finger? Better try to play with the other 4 fingers. Broke your hand? Better request a special cast. Broke your legs? Better have your temmates wheel your ass up to that keyboard and mouse. There's $10 million fucking dollars up for grabs. I've seen athletes in sporting events compete with broken legs/ankles for less money than that. Kobe Bryant played an entire season of Basketball with a broken finger (he had 2 fingers tapped together for 80 games to keep it straight). MJ went out there in the NBA Finals with a heavy flu and scored like 35 points while barely being able to walk back to the bench.

Your argument is an argument for each team having 6 players on the roster (5 + 1 designated alternate), which I agree with. Not whether changing a roster and possibly drastically improving your chances of winning big money by bringing in a relative unknown quantity 2 weeks before the biggest eSports tournament in history (in terms of money) is the right thing to do for the event. Such a question fails to even consider the position of the other teams, all of which got there through the blood, sweat and tears of their main 5.

Sibylus

Banned
Agree with Dreams. I'm okay with the idea of subs at TI, provided they were drawing a paycheque from the given team before invites go out. No pulling in outsiders two weeks before playing.

shira

of course!

If a player picks up an injury and can't play, the team has to forfeit. 2 months out, exceptions can be made. 2 weeks out? Nope. Broke your index finger? Better try to play with the other 4 fingers. Broke your hand? Better request a special cast. Broke your legs? Better have your temmates wheel your ass up to that keyboard and mouse. There's $10 million fucking dollars up for grabs. I've seen athletes in sporting events compete with broken legs/ankles for less money than that. Kobe Bryant played an entire season of Basketball with a broken finger (he had 2 fingers tapped together for 80 games to keep it straight). MJ went out there in the NBA Finals with a heavy flu and scored like 35 points while barely being able to walk back to the bench.
Anxiety is a different game. You are literally petrified for no reason.

Anxiety is a different game. You are literally petrified for no reason.

I agree. That said, the man has 3 more weeks. If he can't play, Fnatic can't play. Given the positive information regarding his treatment, I fully expect him to play and do his best. Remember, he's been on this stage before many times for Fnatic over the years. He's not going to get stage fright. I understand that at this point he's scared of fucking up potentially a million dollars per man for his team, but the roster is the roster. He'll be alright and Fnatic will play. You can take that to the bank.

Aselith

Agree with Dreams. I'm okay with the idea of subs at TI, provided they were drawing a paycheque from the given team before invites go out. No pulling in outsiders two weeks before playing.

What's the big deal? You play better with people you play with all the time. If there was a ringer, why isn't he always on your team, you know? Just seems like they switch people out because there's a problem with the current player. Do you really want team's playing like shit jsut because they HAVE to keep a handicapped in some regard player?

shira

I agree. That said, the man has 3 more weeks. If he can't play, Fnatic can't play. Given the positive information regarding his treatment, I fully expect him to play and do his best. Remember, he's been on this stage before many times for Fnatic over the years. He's not going to get stage fright. I understand that at this point he's scared of fucking up potentially a million dollars per man for his team, but the roster is the roster. He'll be alright and Fnatic will play. You can take that to the bank.

3 weeks? 10 days son.

Preliminaries (Bellvue Westin) - July 8-14, 2014
GGYwVyk.jpg
t1404846000z4.png

Phase 1-3

3 weeks? 10 days son.

Preliminaries (Bellvue Westin) - July 8-14, 2014
GGYwVyk.jpg
t1404846000z4.png

Phase 1-3

Fnatic isn't taking the stage for those prelims, are they? Though I'm not sure exactly when the directly invited teams begin to play, I don't believe it's in 10 days. IIRC, anyway. If not, then...get him whatever additional treatment he needs to make him feel warm and fuzzy. A million a man is up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom