• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's fine, it's the Shadowblade that's really puzzling.

Hylian7

It's fine, it's the Shadowblade that's really puzzling.

You get a guaranteed 2x crit every 10 seconds of not attacking. Using your Shadow Blade you probably haven't attacked in the last 10 seconds. You get a free crit with the 200 Shadow Blade damage.

This doesn't really seem that crazy to me, but again this is why I tested it in unranked before I tried it in ranked. Not sure why eveyrone is jumping down my throat for trying something different.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would get Shadowblade on Earthshaker (which I do, sometimes) before I get it on Brewmaster, that's how I feel about it.

Anyway it's not just that you were trying something different but that New Meta! juxtaposed next to "I think I'm curse with Brewmaster" that is very confusing. If there's any curse here, it's the curse of a suboptimal experimental build.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is Bruno literally just talking to himself by himself on the couch?

It's very interesting

EDIT oh he's answering stream questions

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Help, Hylian added himself 3 times to my draft and now it's broken.

QJKs3Mq.png

Hmm I guess they already opened up access. There are some bugs still left in there at the moment.

There is a new dev forum section for the Fantasy League stuff if you run into problems.

BeesEight

HgkGjI6.png

I think I'm cursed on Brewmaster guys...

YNLcKaW.png

These are all my Brewmaster games since the update.

Also I like Shadow Blade Brew, however the two games I've gotten to try it in we lost due to other factors I feel like.

Outside of the Shadowblade pick-up (kind of gimmicky and doesn't allow as good positioning as blink), the other problem you're likely running into is that Brew falls off really quickly. An hour long game? He's practically a glorified melee creep. Your twenty-five minute game is about the sweet spot for Brew and 2-7-2 says everything for that match, really.

Personally, I don't think you can expect much from the guy unless you have a team built around him. The standard build of blink-scepter-whatever has a really short effectiveness window as well as a fair micro requirement (though you play LD so maybe that isn't a problem) that is unlikely to be capitalized on in pubs who generally have a tendency for passive farming. The core is fairly expensive too so you're going to need a lane that'll dominate or at least leave you on decent footing (so not a solo hard by any means) but since he's not a carry that might be hard to insure as well.

I don't know, I've argued before how I feel he's in a worse position now than he was prior to the aghanim's change so I'm probably not the best one to give advice. His performance in the American Qualifiers, I feel, really establish that he's best suited for matches where the team is trying to end prior to the thirty minute mark so if you aren't playing hyper aggressive and abusing your ult for kills with your team every time it's up, you're probably going to have a rough grind.

Hylian7

I would get Shadowblade on Earthshaker (which I do, sometimes) before I get it on Brewmaster, that's how I feel about it.

Anyway it's not just that you were trying something different but that New Meta! juxtaposed next to "I think I'm curse with Brewmaster" that is very confusing. If there's any curse here, it's the curse of a suboptimal experimental build.

Fair enough, I just felt that way after rough games that were rough regardless of my items. That hour one where I didn't go SB didn't help either.

dmshaposv

How do you get these perfect world items? Pls dont tell me their china only...

I really want the weird void head and the new cm staff. Giff volvo pls.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys, I've been stuck in Diablo all day.

Do we have hats on our buildings yet?

Hylian7

blink aghs refresher panda is the shit

Why Refresher? I feel like if you get late enough where you need Refresher, you'd be better off getting AC, Shiva's, and stuff like that (Auras from the Earth one). If your team can't kill them during the duration of one Aghanim's Ult, then usually it's because your team has already likely died.

NBtoaster

You get a guaranteed 2x crit every 10 seconds of not attacking. Using your Shadow Blade you probably haven't attacked in the last 10 seconds. You get a free crit with the 200 Shadow Blade damage.

This doesn't really seem that crazy to me, but again this is why I tested it in unranked before I tried it in ranked. Not sure why eveyrone is jumping down my throat for trying something different.

Shadow blade bonus damage is non-crittable.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
My god, no one bought the "Netolic Amateur League Season 2". I'm playing around with joining the schema with the database, sorted the wrong way, and see that there is only 1 of the bundled Centaur sets among 4 Million items. There are more Golden Roshans then the thing. The Dota2.ru 2 has really low buy rates too, with only 5 of the bounty hunter sets, yet I got 6 Alpine Ursas logged.

I feel like this is a good reason why Valve isn't letting Amateur teams bundle items with their tickets, they don't sell.

My god, no one bought the "Netolic Amateur League Season 2". I'm playing around with joining the schema with the database, sorted the wrong way, and see that there is only 1 of the bundled Centaur sets among 4 Million items. There are more Golden Roshans then the thing. The Dota2.ru 2 has really low buy rates too, with only 5 of the bounty hunter sets, yet I got 6 Alpine Ursas logged.

I feel like this is a good reason why Valve isn't letting Amateur teams bundle items with their tickets, they don't sell.

Does that mean those items will be high in value when sold to the free market?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Beta is up for the Adventure Time MOBA!
Get in on this!
I can't play what is this

Also these heroes, Kreygasm:

Fiona
An amazing adventurer who happens to be a figment of Ice King’s imagination.

Role(s): Fighter / Tank
Basic Attack: Sword Slash (Melee)
Powers:
(Passive): Tenacious - Fionna does more Attack Damage and Power Damage as her health drops.
[Q]: Blade Rush - Dash forward and slash. Can be used 3 times, with the final slash hitting a large area and SLOWING enemies.
[W]: Fierce / Fearless - TOGGLE. Fierce: Drains health to boost move and attack speed. / Fearless: Slowly heals. Bonus armor and shield.
[E]: Invincible! - For 6 seconds, Fionna cannot go below 1 health.

I can't play what is this

Also these heroes, Kreygasm:

I've been searching for a party for 30 mins :(

i actually just looked at the battle party reddit because yes that exists and the mods said this was a mistake and its only supposed to go up on thursdays so nothing is working

Wok

I have finished the 10-hero challenge with an awesome match.

For some heroes, it was harder than for others:

A0qFfYg.jpg

74stWor.jpg

• Bristleback: 7 matches
  • Windranger: 5 matches
  • Clockwerk: 3 matches
  • Dark Seer: 2 matches
  • Pudge: 2 matches (got carried)
  • Nyx Assassin: 2 matches
  • Night Stalker: 2 matches
  • Shadow Demon: 1 match
  • Sniper: 1 match
  • Necrophos: 1 match

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
This might still be more indepth than HOTS.
Well it has items and better characters
I've been searching for a party for 30 mins :(

i actually just looked at the battle party reddit because yes that exists and the mods said this was a mistake and its only supposed to go up on thursdays so nothing is working
Booooooooo

I should cast this professionally someone get me an overlay person

Why Refresher? I feel like if you get late enough where you need Refresher, you'd be better off getting AC, Shiva's, and stuff like that (Auras from the Earth one). If your team can't kill them during the duration of one Aghanim's Ult, then usually it's because your team has already likely died.
idk man. panda aghs by itself is scary. 2 panda ults plus any extra items you have late game is amazing

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Courier Equip Stats:
coureirstats.jpg

Yeah, I think I may be seeing why Valve has decided to stop granting items with small tournaments.

idk man. panda aghs by itself is scary. 2 panda ults plus any extra items you have late game is amazing

Panda himself is already scary though. Refresher Orb is neat, but his damage potential with items is pretty great too.

I usually use his ulti as a either to push towers, or if things get too dire. Usually he's a terror even without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom