• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

Nature's Attendant's can fuck right off .
I love watching pros barely live with it but it's irritating as fuck when it happens to you. On the other hand I suppose not dying was but a small victory for enchantress who otherwise had a miserable early game. I somehow ended up mid as Kotl against her and things went pretty much in my favor. It was weird, though not as strange as ending up alone in the safe lane as Kotl because Axe wanted to jungle in an earlier game tonight.

Someday I actually want to be decent at this game, until then I will enjoy the crazy shit that happens down where skill is but a dream. Although I'd seriously like it if people stopped sending me mid last minute. I never have the right skills ( I know I know don't skill right away) or items

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nature's Attendant's can fuck right off .
I love watching pros barely live with it but it's irritating as fuck when it happens to you. On the other hand I suppose not dying was but a small victory for enchantress who otherwise had a miserable early game. I somehow ended up mid as Kotl against her and things went pretty much in my favor. It was weird, though not as strange as ending up alone in the safe lane as Kotl because Axe wanted to jungle in an earlier game tonight.

Someday I actually want to be decent at this game, until then I will enjoy the crazy shit that happens down where skill is but a dream. Although I'd seriously like it if people stopped sending me mid last minute. I never have the right skills ( I know I know don't skill right away) or items
DiBiWt6.jpg

http://chaqdota.wordpress.com/2013/09/05/chaqs-ultimate-guide-to-advanced-solo-middle/

http://dotastrategies.tumblr.com/post/63110161888/dota2-early-game-middle-lane-gif-heavy

Shinypogs

TY Haz, I still don't want to be told to go mid randomly as I'm putting down wards but this will help.

Also still have your sandking stuff bookedmarked and I've gotten over my loss streak misery so I should get on reviewing that.

Time for some structured attempts at improvement.

Panda himself is already scary though. Refresher Orb is neat, but his damage potential with items is pretty great too.

I usually use his ulti as a either to push towers, or if things get too dire. Usually he's a terror even without it.
Yeah it def is. If you don't go aghs then brown boots blink shivas is pretty nice too. annoying to deal with

Jex

The Compendium is really, really buggy with regard to points and levelling up. At least, for me. None of the points I got at the end of my games ever levelled me up till yesterday, when they all activated at once. My rewards popped up an hour later.

0FO8CIe.png

I seriously think I have a type of hero I really like. I also think I'd like Earth Spirit if I was more sure about his balance.

Who else might I like?

BraXzy

0FO8CIe.png

I seriously think I have a type of hero I really like. I also think I'd like Earth Spirit if I was more sure about his balance.

My friend pointed out to me the other day that my favourite heroes are pretty much all offlaners, I hadn't really thought about it.

Speaking of offlaners, I just won a game 2v5 essentially as Bristleback ending 29-4.

Untitled.png

The Invoker on our team never picked so got an abandon at around the 6 minute mark. At which point Medusa and Slardoodle quickly skipped which is fair enough. I would have too, but the other team were right dicks about our none picker and didn't even wait for a quick pause so I decided not to give them the satisfaction of a quick win. 2 of them eventually left and then the none-picker turned up on Invoker like 30 minutes in.
Sure, sure we got the gold bonus from 3 guys but still, #Bristle4Arcana.
Fun game! Match ID: 661011716

BHK3

Banned
Apparently they are limited to 2000 during the chinese qualifiers, fucking lame I would love that void one and CM one.

Nirvana

Some guy flipped out on me for losing mid last game, claiming that I'm 'one of those pub players who plays Dota for free'. I'm not sure what he means, but if he's paying for it I think he needs a refund.

What possesses people to get so fucking angry so as to start yelling into their microphone at people they don't know? It is absolutely ridiculous to think that this guy, who was a grown fucking man, is sitting there yelling at a stranger because they didn't play optimally. He played pretty shitty as well if truth be told, but I didn't bitch him out.

Ah Dota, you giveth and you taketh away...the latter a bit too much lately, time for a break I think.

shira

It blows my mind that last years Compendium couldn't hit 3.2 million and this years is coming up on 5 million like it's nothing.
If they don't even up the prize pool there is going to be some serious hate for teams 9-19.

Hey thanks for coming, here's your $0 prize, practice harder!

kvk1

Yeah, that Stanley Parable announcer will dethrone Bastion for me.

DIGITAL SPORTS.

The only thing that can top this, for me, is H. Jon Benjamin doing one as Archer.

Are they adding that little Mushroom dude as a separate Treant or a style for Shroom Thing? Either way it's awesome, I was disappointed when they didn't add that version of the treant, since it was the best.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
why do I feel left out for not buying this compendium/ticket for TI4?
Because it's the best and you should buy it.

I got flamed hard by a guy in random draft last night. First pick was a Lina, I picked second with Omni (10 hero challenge yo) and then him and his three stack picked two more supports and he was bitching the entire time about having four supports on a team when his friends were the ones who did it.

Valve store?

Im down for the both the void and cm ones if they are available, even from china.

I hate valve's store only because the more you buy the more shipping you pay

almost every other website has taught me differently

I'd easily pay like 100 bucks for this set though. I've bought dumber things for more

Do you guys have any good free or cheap solutions for recording dota stuff? I had a couple decent moments from my Magnus win but I wasn't getting great results with the 'startmovie' function. I could gifcam too, but the green artifacts in that kinda bug me.

Kade

If you have an Nvidia card, ShadowPlay is pretty good and doesn't make the game run like poop. You can save the clips to a drive and/or stream to Twitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom