• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Aselith

Yo anyone play against or as a lane combo of Centaur and Tiny? I just got wrecked by them and it's pretty unstoppable. Tiny throws Centaur, Stomp, Double Edge, Avalanche. My squishy Witch Doctor didn't stand a chance :(

It's a very bad lane for anyone. Best you can do is spread out so at least you both don't get caught and hopefully have two stuns. Luckily it doesn't seem to be super common.

I have reached the point with this game where I'm pretty happy with my own tactical performance, but strategy and working as a team is really lacking when matchmaking on my own. I wish there were fewer jerks and trolls and people who go AFK. Argh.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
After 12 hours of computing, I have created the following work of art:
Algrothemtest.jpg

The left one is supposed to look like the right one. I think I my algorithm sucks.

It's a very bad lane for anyone. Best you can do is spread out so at least you both don't get caught and hopefully have two stuns. Luckily it doesn't seem to be super common.

Tiny tossing anyone with a stun is bad news. Disruptor or Shadow Demon would probably help a lot, other than that if Centaur goes to initiate with stomp WD can throw a cask and hope it catches Tiny before he has time to Avalanche/Toss.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wait, Manta disjoints Global Silence? What bullshit is that! Basically the sole reason we picked Silencer was to shut down the fucking Anti-Mage

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Genetic Algorithm? If so that was one of my favorite subjects covered in my AI class.

Yes, but I think mine just fucking sucks. "Oh, I'll just do my own, how hard could it be". Should of just cludged the example one to work. I'm likely going to run it another hour to see if the current one has signs of life, but now it doesn't seem to be making any progress at all.

Chris R

Yes, but I think mine just fucking sucks. "Oh, I'll just do my own, how hard could it be". Should of just cludged the example one to work. I'm likely going to run it another hour to see if the current one has signs of life, but now it doesn't seem to be making any progress at all.

Eh make some tweaks to how you evaluate the fitness of your results and go from there. I liked that we had a graded competition in my class where our algorithms fought to the death while we had pizza and beer.

Aselith

After 12 hours of computing, I have created the following work of art:

The left one is supposed to look like the right one. I think I my algorithm sucks.

This is amazing, Kirby. I love your use of color to indicate despair and your metaphor of beauty destroyed by industrialization. Can I get an art print? I only have $5,000 at the moment but maybe I can get you back later?

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/776688033

Easily the most interesting game of the night. We almost did it. We were in quite a predicament. We managed to keep the game going very late, but just couldn't quite get all the way to the end. Very close though, and our team did well trying to get there.

We brought back a 25k deficit, even though we still lost.

BHK3

Banned
there is no better in dota 2 than Tiny.

Played with my lower skilled friends, rubick abandoned early on and game was still hard for team. They pushed down everything and started fountain farming really hard, everyone called GG. We got a few kills, I farmed a little and they started bumrushing us hard and we won the fights. They bought back and I killed them again.

0268085491.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
OK?! So Kunka gets armlet but Sven can't have armlet? This thread is bullshit!

I dunno if the guy planned it as such but armlet toggling saved him from an attempt at a gank from Riki. I've never seen an armlet on Kunkka before but I thought that was pretty clever.

Ed: you guys, I just realized that Phase Boots are the only boot whose icon faces in the opposite direction of the rest... Why are phase boots running to the left instead of right?! Is it because they are so fast they already made it all the way to the right and are now headed back to the left? I need to know the answer to this.

Hylian7

there is no better in dota 2 than Tiny.

Played with my lower skilled friends, rubick abandoned early on and game was still hard for team. They pushed down everything and started fountain farming really hard, everyone called GG. We got a few kills, I farmed a little and they started bumrushing us hard and we won the fights. They bought back and I killed them again.

0268085491.jpg

No hex on that Tinker....tsk tsk....

You know, I really don't understand the recent pub trend of Tinkers just rushing Dagon + Eblade. Sheep's a MUCH SAFER item and it works pretty much all the damn time. Why would you not want to permanently disable someone?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
No hex on that Tinker....tsk tsk....

You know, I really don't understand the recent pub trend of Tinkers just rushing Dagon + Eblade. Sheep's a MUCH SAFER item and it works pretty much all the damn time. Why would you not want to permanently disable someone?

I'm going to assume because they are shitters and feel like it's easier to just press 2 buttons to blow a guy up rather than try and perma-hex them.

That's what I'd feel anyways :(

Ketch

I dunno if the guy planned it as such but armlet toggling saved him from an attempt at a gank from Riki. I've never seen an armlet on Kunkka before but I thought that was pretty clever.

Ed: you guys, I just realized that Phase Boots are the only boot whose icon faces in the opposite direction of the rest... Why are phase boots running to the left instead of right?! Is it because they are so fast they already made it all the way to the right and are now headed back to the left? I need to know the answer to this.

It's because they're purple so they go the other way…..
sorry

Anilusion

I'm gonna guess you're talking about these:

Bane: No Nightmare til 7
Lich: 3 Sacrifice by 5 instead of 3 Frost Blast
Ember: No Flame Guard until 9
CM; Maxing Aura first
Void: Maxing Backtrack first

Pretty much. CM's alright though, should have gotten a second point in frostbite early but maxing aura is fine. Slark's build is terrible, maxing Dark Pact last.

manfestival

after 7 heartbreaking losses with alchemist, where the final game could've gone either way at many points. its time to roll another daily. I failed my freaking daily. Alchemist is literally the most miserable experience ive had in all of my dota 2 time

I'm gonna guess you're talking about these:

Bane: No Nightmare til 7
Lich: 3 Sacrifice by 5 instead of 3 Frost Blast
Ember: No Flame Guard until 9
CM; Maxing Aura first
Void: Maxing Backtrack first

Maxing backtrack works if you're solo offlane and dps isn't exactly your focus, but I would still only go 2 in Time Walk then Bash. I would also add Luna maxing bounce over her passive, which is one of the best early game DPS boosts in the game.

after 7 heartbreaking losses with alchemist, where the final game could've gone either way at many points. its time to roll another daily. I failed my freaking daily. Alchemist is literally the most miserable experience ive had in all of my dota 2 time

What aspect of the hero are you struggling with? He's one of my more successful hard carries. Link your profile and I'll check a few games out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I have good success playing him as a support still too, so we could try and point out some things if you could link to the games at all.

manfestival

What aspect of the hero are you struggling with? He's one of my more successful hard carries. Link your profile and I'll check a few games out.

I dont really think it has anything to do with me to be honest. Maybe my early game but literally it was every game being like 18-9 and we would be down 4 towers by 20 minutes. EVERY GAME! Didnt even get to take a single tower in 5 of the 7 games. I had the least deaths in all but maybe one of those games on my team.

I feel like im cursed with alchemist. I dont want to touch alchemist ever again.

The struggle was UNREAL

Spookie

What happened to Alliance this past year? Have they not been practising? They were so strong last year. :(

As everyone else said they were extremely confident with a couple of heroes. Then when those had been removed from the pool or nerfed in the last balance patch teams capitalized on how unsure they were with what was left. I don't think it can be purely put down to: LOL NO MUR RAT NP as much as they didn't see the need to expand their flexability and got punished for it. The Chinese teams learned this lesson last time and look at them this year.

I'll be interested to see how, less they perform, but if they learned any lessons at Dreamhack this winter.

ZeroX03

Banned
Are people using "ss" to mean ulti now? Always meant missing to me.

EDIT: Apparently it's an SEA thing? What are they doing on AU servers, it's really confusing.

Top Bottom