• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

ZeroX03

Banned
Australians really are the worst DotA players. I say that as one.

Playing solo with a four stack, these guys are just circlejerking, giving each other bad advice and blaming me on anything that went wrong. They admittedly didn't know their heroes (first time Meepo, first Treant, etc) but felt qualified to tell me what to do. If they'd been willing to listen I'd have gladly explained things to them (our Meepo carried TPs around because he didn't realize he could poof across the map, he thought it was a nuke you clicked on enemy heroes with), but instead they just reinforced each others terrible plays.

This shit works great against any highly mobile hero who likes to push/gank. In lower tiers they're very easy to predict, just have a support with a disable on the side and you're golden.

Acerac

Banned
I go 8/1/7 in a match where I'm told to play the tutorial more because I don't have the controls mastered. Oh lawdie. Guess I'll need to get used to this.

...for those who think I'm being silly because kda means little, I barely took damage on my tower. I suck, but taking extra time to get my build figured out does not a horrible person make.

On that note, what is a good site for builds? I'm sure there's plenty of n00b trap builds out there...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I go 8/1/7 in a match where I'm told to play the tutorial more because I don't have the controls mastered. Oh lawdie. Guess I'll need to get used to this.

...for those who think I'm being silly because kda means little, I barely took damage on my tower. I suck, but taking extra time to get my build figured out does not a horrible person make.

On that note, what is a good site for builds? I'm sure there's plenty of n00b trap builds out there...

Default item builds aren't too bad, there is actually a built in guide system that shows what skills to grab that you can use. If you want to read something out of game, you can go though the guides users post here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys guys I think my art thing is working, if you look at the random set of pixels the center vaguely resembles the outline of the 3DO logo
progress.jpg

Now for TI4, Anyone know if there is any place near the Key Arena that is serves breakfast early? Something like that could be a great meeting place. I'm also going to wear a Kirby Pin on my lanyard/badge, so if you see a guy with one its likely me.

manfestival

Its over boys! I did it! I rolled cancer lancer for my daily and finally... THE STRUGGLE IS OVER! Cancer was the cure!
(I have only been playing daily hero games)
dailygames_zps8ad0b98a.jpg

Chris R

Now for TI4, Anyone know if there is any place near the Key Arena that is serves breakfast early? Something like that could be a great meeting place. I'm also going to wear a Kirby Pin on my lanyard/badge, so if you see a guy with one its likely me.

I'm probably going to check out "The Lucky Diner" I think, even though they don't open until 7. There is another place that opens at 6 (Shanty Cafe) but only on Friday and Monday.

If none of those work I'll just stop by a cafe and grab a coffee and some form of pastry. I don't know what I'll wear though, maybe a "Hello my name is Chris" tag or something.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm up for meeting at that Lucky Diner place in the mornings, Google says its a 5 minute walk from where I'm staying. Though I guess we won't have to much time to eat if we really want to arrive at 8.

Chris R

I'm up for meeting at that Lucky Diner place in the mornings, Google says its a 5 minute walk from where I'm staying. Though I guess we won't have to much time to eat if we really want to arrive at 8.

If it's a real diner food should come out really quick... It might be close though if you are wanting to be towards the front of the line at 8.

edit: It looks like it's open NONSTOP from Friday at 7AM until 9PM Sunday... so early breakfasts Sat/Sun could happen.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If it's a real diner food should come out really quick... It might be close though if you are wanting to be towards the front of the line at 8.

edit: It looks like it's open NONSTOP from Friday at 7AM until 9PM Sunday... so early breakfasts Sat/Sun could happen.

Hell, if they have those kind of hours maybe they will let us in early Friday Morning.

Spookie

Just reposting for UK GAF, those poor fuckers like me just getting in to the office now:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=845864.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spookie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt -- MB-2551A36FD83C7661 - Taken by dave is ok. 40 entrants total.

t1405547872z1.png

Might do it one more time post work so no one missed out.

Acerac

Banned
it could have been worse unfortunately ;s

Why'd you say something? ;)

Just had a match where I was told to go mid... after I had started lich and already purchased courier. Still managed to stay positive kda because of lich's absurd ult but my farm and lane were abysmal. I suppose I don't go support at this level even if it seems my team needs one, lesson learned.

Just had a match where I was told to go mid... after I had started lich and already purchased courier. Still managed to stay positive kda because of lich's absurd ult but my farm and lane were abysmal. I suppose I don't go support at this level even if it seems my team needs one, lesson learned.

Lich mid and Lich offlane are played pretty much the same. The perk to being in either scenario is that you get bumped from being a 4/5 position (support and hard support) to a 3 (semi-support-carry-master-of-death). Your prime objective at that point is to disrupt their mid and setup ganks. How do I do this oh wise master of all things Lich? Simply put, you be an asshole. You block the creep wave as hard as you can and sacrifice creeps from behind the tower. Sacrificing creeps give you the exp value of the creep, and denies your opponent that (as long as they aren't in range).

Get yourself a quick pair of boots and ward the rune spots and steal or deny every rune you can. Remember, your goal isn't necessarily to win the lane, just to minimize what your opponents accomplish. When you hit 6 or 7 (depending on how the game is going, and you should have a skill layout of 4/0/2/1 prioritizing ult>frost blast>sacrifice) lurk towards whichever lane they are pushing more and wrap around them while pinging like a sociopath so your teamates are fully aware the Lich Train is coming.

Now, when engaging, Lich requires a bit of on the fly thinking. Don't just Chain Frost the first hero you see, make sure if you use it you're guaranteed a kill. If you can get the jump on 2-3 heroes persuing your hard carry odds are you're going to kill them both. If it's a group of 3 always focus on the least mobile heroes present, something like a Lion, Shadow Shaman, Lina, WD, etc. If you can get a Chain Frost off between 2 slow supports, they have nowhere to run and are most certainly dead.

As a little aside, I usually don't go past 2 or 3 points in Sacrifice until later. Frost Armor is really good in the mid-game and can really screw people up. As for items, normally I play full support Lich and go for something like a Mech, but if you're in the 3ish position you probably want to go for some wonky utility items. If your farm is incredible get a fast Scythe, eventually you will want one but no reason to waste time with only a Mystic Staff when you could get cheaper better items earlier. While typing this although I've never used it I feel like Rod of Atos on Lich would be nice if you have a gank heavy team, and maybe even something like a Eul's would be good. Agh's is nice for fights if your opponent is very melee heavy and lacks mobility, but in most cases it won't help a ton.

Hope any of this helps.

Nymerio

I really like the hot_bid interviews, dude does an amazing job. His interview with Purge is great, I recommend watching that.

Its over boys! I did it! I rolled cancer lancer for my daily and finally... THE STRUGGLE IS OVER! Cancer was the cure!
(I have only been playing daily hero games)
dailygames_zps8ad0b98a.jpg

lmao I would've uninstalled long ago. Also, be aware of the fact that if you are on a losing streak in the evening, don't bother delaying sleep and playing on until you win - you won't.

manfestival

How can you lose that many alch games D:
I think I only played bad in two of those games. Mostly because I was zoned out and couldnt catch up
You make me feel good about myself...
This isn't even my worst losing streak ;__;
lmao I would've uninstalled long ago. Also, be aware of the fact that if you are on a losing streak in the evening, don't bother delaying sleep and playing on until you win - you won't.

I have only been doing daily hero games. Yes I was on tilt, however there were 0... yes 0 towers taken in 5 of those games. The last alchemist game it went down to the wire but the team was too afraid to engage at the end when we finally got ahead. I had 1 good skywrath game and the other was meh. I was ahead of my wins by like 6 before this streak.

I randomed Tinker and actually played him... I feel dirty now... is this what a day in the life of Hylian feels like???

But in all seriousness, I realized I hadn't played him since 'nam, and upon looking it's been 2 years, and the game was abandoned because it was the patch where Tinker caused the game to crash (along with Clinkz, WR, CK, and a few others).

JambiBum

Why'd you say something? ;)

Eh even as Lich you can go mid. He's one of the few supports that can have a big impact if you take him mid. You'll learn these things the more you play. For now just focus on getting the basics down and if your team mates are jerks then just mute them and do your thing.

Hylian7

I randomed Tinker and actually played him... I feel dirty now... is this what a day in the life of Hylian feels like???

But in all seriousness, I realized I hadn't played him since 'nam, and upon looking it's been 2 years, and the game was abandoned because it was the patch where Tinker caused the game to crash (along with Clinkz, WR, CK, and a few others).
Embrace it, let the wins flow through you.

Seriously, did you win?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
What's everyone's Compendium level? I'm at 70 and I'm debating whether it's worth it to get 90 for the four more immortals or 100 for the emoticon.

It will probably depend on how cool the emoticon is.

Reckoner

What's everyone's Compendium level? I'm at 70 and I'm debating whether it's worth it to get 90 for the four more immortals or 100 for the emoticon.

It will probably depend on how cool the emoticon is.

I got to level 100 just for the sake of it and for the compendium to feel "complete" for me. I hadn't any luck with the immortals, as I got some doubles and the items weren't that interesting. So yeah, apart from that there's not a big benefit.

Top Bottom