• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Berna

I don't remember well, were they this ready before this update?

i0F9MPL.png

NW0syKl.png

QFS

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
2.99 for mediocre community items and a loading screen with a Dota hero on it and will probably be removed?

Meh

They drop 2 items per chest at least.

Hoping the versions at TI4 get Genuine Quality.

Also, odd the TI4 couriers from the chest aren't unusual, they have a color effect defined.

fallagin

My last few games I have had people on my team who are just not very defensive in lane. Granted some of the matchups were probably not great, but I had a queen of pain in my lane that let the enemy right click her to death somehow. Well, I guess every death is a learning experience, or at least it should be.

Quesa

So do we know what the three mystery couriers are yet?

Edit: Nvm it's Mechjaw, Frull, and the new wizard. I must have them!

ZeroX03

Banned
FINALLY THE ENIGMA ITEM.

It looks like it's hovering around $5. People who know the marketplace, as a very rare immortal should I expect that price to drop or raise?

In honor of Spookie being an awesome, generous, handsome human being and because TI4 - here's a special Dota 2 themed Dota 2 thread giveaway. Feel free to enter for as much as you want.

Generous guy!

doom_demihero_courier1_large.f26e03ab2328cb91eadaf8a6c41b8fd1c5dfceaa.png

Looks fucking glorious.

Wow/10

Anilusion

New Immortal Effects

Drow - Changes idle animation.

Kunkka - Changes Tidebringer attack animation.

CM - Changes attack animation.

Brew - Changes Clap effect.

Tiny - Only seems to change the model of the tree when you have ags.

Morphling - Changes the icon and effect of Adaptive Strike, particles shooting out of the target. Looks really cool!

Enchantress - Probably bugged atm, makes the graphical effect for Nature's Attendants invisible.

Ursa - Changes the effect when attack somebody with Fury Swipes.

Spectre - Changes attack animation.

Venomancer - Only changes the model of the ward.

Enigma - Changes the eidolon model and projectiles. They look really awesome in game, their attack animation is great.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
FINALLY THE ENIGMA ITEM.

It looks like it's hovering around $5. People who know the marketplace, as a very rare immortal should I expect that price to drop or raise?

Generous guy!

Wow/10
Its an item that has a 5% chance of dropping from a $4 box. I would jump on it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
idk i feel like it has more than a 5% chance..Like 3 ppl in mumblegaf (myself incldued) got it on the first chest lol.

Could be, they may have upped the odds. Won't be able to check for at least an hour though. One thing to note is that the chests have 3 rare items, which could cause things to go wonky on Valves end.

Looks like there is unusual versions of the TI4 couriers in additional to normal, I wonder if attendees get it from the pack of cards. Valve really doesn't want to have people trying to prophet too much from TI4 loot. Next thing we know the Golden Immortals will also be on the store for $10.

I want that Gold Razor Helm so much

Atlantis

Drow - Changes idle animation
Kunkka - Changes Tidebringer attack animation
CM - Changes attack animation
Brew - Changes Clap effect
Tiny - Only seems to change the model of the tree when you have ags
Morphling - Changes the icon and effect of Adaptive Strike, particles shooting out of the target. Looks really cool!

I'll add more as I try them out.

CM staff seems to change her ult a bit as well.

Enchant's will obviously change Nature's Attendants. (Currently broken)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
think golden ones are ti4 attendance only

Maybe. E-Club had a store entry up for them a week ago.

Checking the Schema, the versions of the immortals available to TI4 attendees will be Genuine, so maybe they will be worth a bit more.

pix

Maybe. E-Club had a store entry up for them a week ago.

Checking the Schema, the versions of the immortals available to TI4 attendees will be Genuine, so maybe they will be worth a bit more.

Except for the courier. I just got a genuine courier in the Lockbox.

The Enigma Ghosties don't have custom skill icons

And Tiny's doesn't seem to even do anything

These immortals are kind of lazy. I think Valve is going overboard with them this year, I shouldn't be able to buy an immortal they're selling for 4 dollars on the market for 75 cents. Immortals used to mean something.

Artanisix

These immortals are kind of lazy. I think Valve is going overboard with them this year, I shouldn't be able to buy an immortal they're selling for 4 dollars on the market for 75 cents. Immortals used to mean something.

dude seriously

it's complaint after complaint with you

yeah some of these immortals are pretty crappy. i don't understand why they made yet another kunkka sword either, even though i like it, they already made one last year

Doesn't immortal just mean the item will not be avalible forever?

his point is that immortals used to stand out as being cooler looking or having custom skill icons/animations/particles etc. while with some of the newer ones, if you removed the immortal title, they'd be worth nothing. and even a few are already worth less than 1 usd, so it's also devaluing that item category

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

They mean "Will never be available again after distribution period". I like that Valve is being upfront about it, instead of something like Qurt's summer Stash which after a year still can't be obtained again, but there is no telling if there will be more at some point.

Deadstar

Is there a site that lists what items have what gems in them? I want to buy some things off the market but people pop out the gems and I don't know what should be in there.

Deadstar

So can someone who knows please inform me. When I see these immortal items on the market I see their sockets are empty. Does it mean that these items have no special effects and that people are taking the kinetic gems out and selling the item? If so, what's the point because the kinetic gems don't even sell for that much. Who would buy the item without the special effects?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This fucking game

We're stomping them in the first fifteen minutes. Like really stomping them

Then Gyro disconnects for like eight minutes and comes back, but it buys them just enough time to get Naga online and we lose fight after fight

Ihql55t.png

Cause we can't just get one good goddamn game to our name

ZeroX03

Banned
lahqxm.jpg

Very happy right now.

Paid like $3.80 I think. There were a few cheaper, but this one had a decent inscribed gem: Gold Spent. Would have liked Wards Placed instead, but the alternative were things like Godlike Sprees or Heroes Revealed With Dust so meh.

FAKE EDIT: Just saw someone throw one on for $2.60, damn!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
lahqxm.jpg

Very happy right now.

Paid like $3.80 I think. There were a few cheaper, but this one had a decent inscribed gem: Gold Spent. Would have liked Wards Placed instead, but the alternative were things like Godlike Sprees or Heroes Revealed With Dust so meh.

FAKE EDIT: Just saw someone throw one on for $2.60, damn!

Yeah, maybe they aren't super rare, but I rather just pay $4 now and find out I overpaid by like $2, then see it jump up to $10+ later.

Top Bottom