• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

they did say we can order them online after the even right?

i want that Lycan"Calamity" Cosmetic...and that red panda courier too ohh that Lone Druid Cosmetic :O

dorkimoe

they did say we can order them online after the even right?

i want that Lycan"Calamity" Cosmetic...and that red panda courier too ohh that Lone Druid Cosmetic :O
Yeah but last year stuff was sold out for months

I gave money to a gaf member. Make me proud and get my loot!

Hylian7

Who was it that offered to get stuff for people yesterday? I think I may have to her a couple of the figurines and then wait to order more later.

People who flame (repeatedly) in dota are just internet assholes, including those that admit to it in this thread. I don't mind it too much (mute, report, forget), and most of them are probably awesome people in real life, but as far as my interactions with them go, they're dicks.

bounchfx

Just got to Seattle! Gonna see if I can get my badge and shop a bit early if possible since it seems others have been able. Hoping to get a few extra shadow shaman and red paws to give away. I'm pumped.

Remember gaffers that are at the show - Saturday night @ bandits

Reckoner

People who flame (repeatedly) in dota are just internet assholes, including those that admit to it in this thread. I don't mind it too much (mute, report, forget), and most of them are probably awesome people in real life, but as far as my interactions with them go, they're dicks.

The thing that bothers me a lot is that, since people are used to being flamed while playing, whenever you make criticism of something they get defensive about it and think you are just another guy being mean, even if it's not the case.

Lum1n3s

The thing that bothers me a lot is that, since people are used to being flamed while playing, whenever you make criticism of something they get defensive about it and think you are just another guy being mean, even if it's not the case.
You mean they think you end up being a noob right? Lol

spk

Also this. Mason gets a lot of flak for being a blatant asshole, but I guarantee you 90% of these pro players have similar chatlogs floating around or lost in dota 1 and early dota 2. All of these guys were flamers in dota 1, hell, the entire playerbase was more toxic than HoN.

I'd be genuinely surprised if anyone is unaware of that though, and it is possible to disapprove of or dislike things without writing them off completely

Conceptor

Wall o' text - sorry wasn't able to reply sooner.

People in the thread are saying that individuals have already spent more than 10 grand on Secret Shop items? I thought there would be stricter limits but I guess they aren't being enforced for VIP/players/staff?

Also Shira I saw that 1437 listing, pretty good deal since he isn't really interested in fetching the highest possible price.

Can you even get specific stuff? I thought it was random.
Certain things yes. Card packs and T-shirts etc. The plushies I believe are blind boxed, The figurines do not appear to be, as they come in a large case and have individual listings.

I don't think it is worth the hassle this year. Waiting in line for 8 hours in 30 degree heat as the secret shop is outdoors

Everything on sale at ti4 will be available online afterwards or at the same time.

'many' 'shortly'
Missing: Will also be out of stock for 1-6 months and have shipping costs of $13-25
Agree with Hazaro here. It took them forever to get the micro plushies back in stock, the Scythe of Vyse, even the nice t-shirts. The less popular stuff sure, but I expect to wait a few months for the other stuff.

Yes to all! But I just want the Dragonknight set card. :)
I got your PM!

hmmm i just want that Lycan "The Beast" Wolf Form..and that Syllabear Red Panda Comsetic

i think both of them are from those Cards?
Correct.

For people looking to get just those Economy Cards, keep an eye out on the Steam Market tonight up until the end of TI4. Like Kirby said, they will probably start getting listed as people buy them intending to sell. I don't feel that their market price will drop below the Secret Shop price in any case.

TUSR

Banned
decided not to come down for the weekend with how disappointing the secret shop has seemed.

I set aside $1200 spending cash too, yolo

That awkward moment at the end screen when you realize the raging feeder that abandoned at 10 minutes was partied with the nice dude who stayed and tried to win.

Sorry 'bout your friend, bro

Wok

People in the thread are saying that individuals have already spent more than 10 grand on Secret Shop items? I thought there would be stricter limits but I guess they aren't being enforced for VIP/players/staff?

One guy in particular. The same who had bought Dota2 crates:
lm8YqiC.jpg
7XOvbyy.jpg

What's a good guide to follow for playing Nyx Assassin? I played with him in 2 bot matches and seemed to get the hang of it, but I'd like some second opinions.

BraXzy

Woah, they added the lockless stuff in the store? That's one way to nuke the worth of them I guess.

One thing that is driving me mad though.. the Spectre weapon's effect reminds me of something. Like, the art style of an anime or maybe another game but it is the spitting image of something locked deep in the recess of my subconscience and I can't work out what it is!!!

Artanisix

Guys there is another guy on my flight going to ti4, he is fat and has a NP shirt and is slightly creepy.

I went to the hospital on monday, the cute nurse was wearing a Dota 2 lanyard so I asked her if she was watching TI4. She sparked up, said yes, I asked her what team she was rooting for.

she was a rat lover

Zocano

I went to the hospital on monday, the cute nurse was wearing a Dota 2 lanyard so I asked her if she was watching TI4. She sparked up, said yes, I asked her what team she was rooting for.

she was a rat lover

The important part is did you ask her out for a watch party?

Quesa

Starting to rethink my initial position on jungle techies. Tried going with sage mask/six clarities and had moderate success until I saw that bane was soloing a lane and we got a kill. I think if you're super on point about stacking camps you could make it work. Would probably buy a tango instead of so many clarities. I started with mines and put one point into suicide at lvl 2. As soon as you think you have to back to base you kill suicide a camp (again, should be stacked) to get all your mana/health back. I don't know how viable it'd be in a comp setting, but I think it warrants testing by people who actually know what they're doing.

spk

sure is social justice warrior in this thread. i'm glad i assault old ladies and pee on babies rather than being offended by other people getting called names on the internet. i'm pretty sure anyone in that situation should have bigger causes to fight for rather than go online and talk about badly mannered people

Damn what a great line of thinking. Hmm yes I agree, a thing is less bad so obviously we should only care about another thing, that is more bad, especially because it's on the internet. Well I guess that settles it *bangs toy gavel*

she was a rat lover

How did her tears taste

Akke bring more girls into dota pls

mkenyon

Banned
Decided last minute to try and get a floor pass for TI4. Going to be driving up Saturday morning.

Relevant info for GAF meetup?

BraXzy

You know the TI4 couriers, is there any reason why some are genuine and some are unusual? Didn't this happen last year and they fixed the genuine ones?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
LAST CALL FOR FREE SHIT

ModBot said:
Instructions for dave is ok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Strife Closed Beta Key -- MB-634D8F42FADC0E64 - Taken by Ape_Agape. 1 entrants total.
Gratuitous Spacecow Battles -- MB-7CB560FDF219F46C - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Nyx Meiers Nyxilization 3: Complete -- MB-F70B8FFD5F4027C6 - Taken by rhophiehalul78. 1 entrants total.
Qopamelee: Gold Edition -- MB-2151BB0C8D3B7817 - Taken by sephi22. 1 entrants total.
Mafio II -- MB-1A275BDCA03B217D - Taken by Ketch. 2 entrants total.
Antimagechamber -- MB-B3B102C9B5407D0C - Taken by JakkuFurosu. 1 entrants total.
Stacking -- MB-0BF42D1BA6497434 - Taken by Egamer. 3 entrants total.

FEZzzzzap -- MB-E5BCB524BC26ACEB - Taken by Ventara. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sven HD: The First Encounter -- MB-EBF54263E00BB4FB - Taken by Mohasus. 2 entrants total.
Ogre Magicka Plus DLC -- MB-257279C538E41814 - Taken by t0rment. 2 entrants total.
Bioslark -- MB-E999BE6C07E78CDB - Taken by KevinRo. 3 entrants total.
Axenomaly 2 -- MB-D26EC1DBCB2A5B5E - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Fed Space (Origin) -- MB-678C29D718DE7BE6
Rubicko: What's Yours is Mine -- MB-F08D1D96C72F76EA - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 1 entrants total.
Crystalis 2: Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-4561DD0F7106B552 - Taken by MMBosstones86. 2 entrants total.
Bioslark 2 -- MB-626D7F538501321E - Taken by 1.09. 2 entrants total.
Dust of Appearance: An Elysian Tail -- MB-18B92FEAFF8D9765 - Taken by Carlius. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sven HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-AD0643CCC73AC0D2 - Taken by Speevy. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Baradise: Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-D14A9364280C74BA - Taken by sixghost. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Double Edge (Origin) -- MB-8405E93D24478612 - Taken by Joken. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medallion of Honor (Origin) -- MB-DAF6597FB1FDD64C

t1405641304z1.png

Pratfall

Anyone know what the intended particle effects are for the enchantress immortal? Cuz making Natures Attendants invisible is not a super cool effect.

Acinixys

Anyone know what the intended particle effects are for the enchantress immortal? Cuz making Natures Attendants invisible is not a super cool effect.

This might be one of those release now/fix later deals

ATM the CM staff is also just a super lame and stupid looking stick with a ward on the end

Hopefully they update some of the new immortals in the future

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Decided last minute to try and get a floor pass for TI4. Going to be driving up Saturday morning.

Relevant info for GAF meetup?
Idk kirbs and Steve are scheming I think.
Someone tell me who is picking out something or I will.

Also I should have a Floor ticket if anyone wants to buy my GA for at cost pls PM.

Seems like a lot of spares or flakes for open Floor tickets by people. My long lost about why you want Floor is still valid!

No new Shitty Wizard or Golden DemiHeroes for me. Fuuuu.

There is no way I'm going back there during the main event as well. It's going to be mayhem.

man this makes me really want that drow mask

pfgWY2b.gif

You like the look of crackfiend Drow, do ya

No new Shitty Wizard or Golden DemiHeroes for me. Fuuuu.

There is no way I'm going back there during the main event as well. It's going to be mayhem.
Hey matt, can you confirm how exactly we get the Golden Demiheroes? Are they purely random as speculated, or can they be purchased straight away?

edit: nm just saw the tweet.

Top Bottom