• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Did you get your Furion pin at least?
No I'll trade someone at the main event.
How crazy were the lines today?
Today was players, VIPs, talent/casters etc and they have things to fix in the process. Today was a dry run. Should be better tomorrow (hopefully).
You like the look of crackfiend Drow, do ya

Hey matt, can you confirm how exactly we get the Golden Demiheroes? Are they purely random as speculated, or can they be purchased straight away?
You buy a Demihero eg a Tiny one and then you have a rare chance that it will be a golden Tiny. If so then you get a Golden chest instead of the normal one.

The chest then has a rare chance of giving you a Doomling courier. Get that and you're laughing.

PS: Fuck HotBid.

Twitchy MoM Drow is kinda cool but I am not looking forward to MoM rush Drows in pubs.

Buying a MoM doesn't change effects. There's no reason to change your Drow build. It's not like the PL Diffusal Blade or AM Manta that glow when you buy the corresponding item.

Or, it didn't do that last night.

Guys there is another guy on my flight going to ti4, he is fat and has a NP shirt and is slightly creepy.

My mom bought me this shirt...
sad.gif

Zocano

I wonder what the actual odds are for getting that doomling.

edit: Wait, can you actually get Perfect World items in the regular game? I thought those were secluded to some weird ass server. I want that void head so bad ):

As bad as the lines will probably be for the secret shop at least you guys will not have to put up with smelly ass side hallways. Those who attended TI3 know what I'm talking about.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder what the actual odds are for getting that doomling.

edit: Wait, can you actually get Perfect World items in the regular game? I thought those were secluded to some weird ass server. I want that void head so bad ):

Should be 5% drop rate. And yeah, the perfect world items activate outside of China, but it can be a bit hard to get the codes. Easiest way is if a Chinese Player is using a normal Steam Account and then resells it on the market.

Welp, just checked out one of the golden items in a private lobby.

How fucking underwhelming. At this point I'm convinced that the only golden item worth having is going to be the Doomling. The matte gold look is pretty awful.

I didn't get to see the tombstone so that one may be a winner if you can get it at a reasonable price and main the hero or something, but...I know I'm not going to play Undying enough to even appreciate it.

Doomling video.

Will have a Golden Doomling before the end of the weekend.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Welp, just checked out one of the golden items in a private lobby.

How fucking underwhelming. At this point I'm convinced that the only golden item worth having is going to be the Doomling. The matte gold look is pretty awful.

I didn't get to see the tombstone so that one may be a winner if you can get it at a reasonable price and main the hero or something, but...I know I'm not going to play Undying enough to even appreciate it.

Doomling video.

Will have a Golden Doomling before the end of the weekend.
Have any shots of the Gold Razor Helm in game? Also, shouldn't it have the same gold materal as the Golden Rosh, maybe they haven't been finished yet or screwed them up. I'm hoping Valve pushes out a small ecconmy update to fix some of the issues with TI4 loot, like the economy cards not given Genuine items.

Zocano

Yah, I concur that the gold DemiHeroes look pretty... bad. Just in the shots they've shown off them. I think having a monocolored finish over the statue just sort of makes it look ugly regardless of the color. I prefer the details that you get from the fully colored ones.

Doesn't mean I don't want a Golden Lamb to Slaughter.

Quesa

Yah, I concur that the gold DemiHeroes look pretty... bad. Just in the shots they've shown off them. I think having a monocolored finish over the statue just sort of makes it look ugly regardless of the color. I prefer the details that you get from the fully colored ones.

Doesn't mean I don't want a Golden Lamb to Slaughter.

Tiny's the only good one because he doesn't look like some anime chibi bullshit

Also do we know if registering through steam and officially attending a pubstomp actually does anything?

Have any shots of the Gold Razor Helm in game? Also, shouldn't it have the same gold materal as the Golden Rosh, maybe they haven't been finished yet or screwed them up. I'm hoping Valve pushes out a small ecconmy update to fix some of the issues with TI4 loot, like the economy cards not given Genuine items.

regular items don't have the same material as the golden rosh. they're matte gold. I can add a guy that has the golden razor item and take a screen shot.

the courier appears to have similar effects, however.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was under the impression they should have the same gold material as the TF2 Golden Items, it was something SirBelvader mentioned too, so I'm hoping they get updated to add that, because the Matt Gold is really dull.

Regarding the Razor hat: hotass garbage.

It makes static link look like a beam from a Ghostbuster's proton pack. The normal enhanced blue static link effect that comes with the normal version of that Immortal paired with a slight golden lightning bolt crawling around the link. It's noticeable and looks fine, but I wouldn't go out of my way to obtain it. That hat itself is barely distinguishable from the normal Immortal with a touch of gold on the helmet. If someone didn't point it out, I wouldn't have even known it was a golden version. That is an indictment in itself, imo.

Best way to describe it: It's tasteful and conservative. But when you think "golden" items in Dota 2, "conservative" and "tasteful" aren't the words that come to mind. "Shiny", "bold", and "loud" are the terms. To that end...if you love you some Razor I wouldn't stop you from picking it up if it was < $100. For anyone else? Pass.

I was under the impression they should have the same gold material as the TF2 Golden Items, it was something SirBelvader mentioned too, so I'm hoping they get updated to add that, because the Matt Gold is really dull.
That'd be nice and would make them a little bit better, but I think that would only change my opinion on the ES and Undying items (which I think are large enough to always be noticeable when deployed). The Shaman and Razor items are dead to me, matte or shiny. They just don't get the job done.

Zocano

Best way to describe it: It's tasteful and conservative. But when you think "golden" items in Dota 2, "conservative" and "tasteful" aren't the words that come to mind. "Shiny", "bold", and "loud" are the terms. To that end...if you love you some Razor I wouldn't stop you from picking it up if it was < $100. For anyone else? Pass.

That'd be nice and would make them a little bit better, but I think that would only change my opinion on the ES and Undying items. The Shaman and Razor items are dead to me, matte or shiny. They just don't get the job done.

The razor item would be have neat if it actually looked like that concept image that had but without lightning swords on the helmet, it just looks like a can on his head. The cosmetic effect it applies is worthless and nothing interesting either.

How dare you shame Rhasta's Lamb stick, though. The thing's sweet.

edit: I may have misread and you were specifically referring to the gold version in which case... yah they're a bit too flashy and stand-out-y for me.

traveler

Not Wario
Well, good news is I got a job in Seattle, so I should be around for next year's TI, but bad news is things didn't work out such that I could actually attend this year's. I wonder if I can mail Valve my commemorative floor ticket in exchange for that sweet goodie bag above lol. It's just going to sit here uselessly otherwise, and now I feel bad I took a floor spot from someone who could have attended.

HardRojo

Hi, I posted earlier in this thread because my dumb friend Tobe (his GAF username) is unable to post and he's already in Seattle, if anyone from GAF wants to contact him and meet up you can text him at this number or so he says, if there's a meet up thread or something please let me/him know too. Thanks.
[Quote to see number]

I'd tag his phone number as so lurkers don't mess with him.[/QUOTE]
Done and thanks, wasn't sure of how to do that.

Hi, I posted earlier in this thread because my dumb friend Tobe (his GAF username) is unable to post and he's already in Seattle, if anyone from GAF wants to contact him and meet up you can text him at *
0891 50 50 50&#8236;
or so he says, if there's a meet up thread or something please let me/him know too. Thanks.

I'd tag his phone number as so lurkers don't mess with him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, good news is I got a job in Seattle, so I should be around for next year's TI, but bad news is things didn't work out such that I could actually attend this year's. I wonder if I can mail Valve my commemorative floor ticket in exchange for that sweet goodie bag above lol. It's just going to sit here uselessly otherwise, and now I feel bad I took a floor spot from someone who could have attended.
Maybe Over Night it to someone.

The razor item would be have neat if it actually looked like that concept image that had but without lightning swords on the helmet, it just looks like a can on his head. The cosmetic effect it applies is worthless and nothing interesting either.

How dare you shame Rhasta's Lamb stick, though. The thing's sweet.

edit: I may have misread and you were specifically referring to the gold version in which case... yah they're a bit too flashy and stand-out-y for me.

Yea I was talking about the golden version, and its problem is that it isn't flashy enough. it's matte and hard to notice.

As for the lambstick, I won't be happy with that item until they change some of Rhasta's voice lines. Continuing to refer to the hexed target as a chicken and making clucking noises when the target is a lamb is...pretty lazy work.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Any tips on how I get places? I didn't actually look up public transport in the city at all.

In airport go to baggage claim, look for signs to Link Light Rail. Take that all the way to Westlake and get on Monorail to Seattle Center. Obviously depends where you're staying.

Chris R

I'm about to take some nyquil and pass the f out… tomorrow can't come soon enough!

I wish I could...

Why doesn't Nyquil make anything for 4 hours. If I took it now I wouldn't be on my feet to get on the plane, if I took it after I checked in for my flight I'd be sleeping through the first set if not more :(

Seattle knows about sludge cups right?

China, please draw out the first set as much as possible. Play three Naga games in a row if you have to. Won't be there till one at this point and I need that EG vs Dk hype.

Top Bottom