• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Quesa

I wish I could...

Why doesn't Nyquil make anything for 4 hours. If I took it now I wouldn't be on my feet to get on the plane, if I took it after I checked in for my flight I'd be sleeping through the first set if not more :(

Seattle knows about sludge cups right?

get that melatonin son lets you sleep and actually lets you wake up to alarms

Ties

Banned
i am so ready to watch pros stress the fuck out during long games because i had like 7 ones that took forever to end today and i had no idea who'd win the entire time

more naga picks pls

How should I build a support (preferably 4 rather than 5) Ogre Magi? Stout shield > arcane boots > magic wand > Agh's? Is there place for a mekansm in there? What about... a soul ring?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How should I build a support (preferably 4 rather than 5) Ogre Magi? Stout shield > arcane boots > magic wand > Agh's? Is there place for a mekansm in there? What about... a soul ring?

Mek depends on your lineup I'd say. You get it if no-one else can, but if you have another support or Mek carrier I'd say Ogre doesn't really need the regen and an Aghs can even have more teamfight impact

parasight

Found LD & Synd already, just outside Key Arena. They both retweeted my photo of us and some random person replied "DEMONNNN". Not sure if compliment.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Where the fuck are we meeting up, who's organizing this
Don't know! After I check in I'm calling Steve and hoping he didn't pass out yet. I also plan to go to the lucky diner in the morning to get some food.

Some Canadian soldier has a transport map on him. I want a map ;-;

You can start with stout and get an Orb of Venom real quick. You are so tanky in the early game and it only makes sense to push that advantage. Arcane Boots is ideal since he suffers from mana issues.

If your team has a natural mek carrier (maybe a Razor or Viper), try to avoid carrying the Mekanism. Your mana pool is pretty poor. I would also add an item (maybe a force staff) before Aghs, because if you rush Aghs you really won't have enough mana to support it (even if you avoid using Unrefined Fireblast).

Zocano

Dropped $20 and opened the Lockless Luckvases in hopes for unusuals (for some reason). Dunno why I even did that. I really should just drop cash for one on the market if I want an unusual this bad instead of trying to play the odds.

sheesh....... i was gonna ask conceptor to get me those plush but they cost like $30 wtf

;_;

oh well i'm just gonna go with what i listed :(

if you are here conceptor.....have fun..also to you guys attending....lucky bastards :(

Mek depends on your lineup I'd say. You get it if no-one else can, but if you have another support or Mek carrier I'd say Ogre doesn't really need the regen and an Aghs can even have more teamfight impact

Makes sense. It's an item every team should have, and it's possible I'm the best carrier on the team (or better carriers choose not to build it).

Blink is good

Hmm, why would you want blink specifically? Your initiation is long range, and you have slows/speed buffs to stay on someone. Furthermore, it gives you no other stats or benefits compared to an alternative like a force staff.

You can start with stout and get an Orb of Venom real quick. You are so tanky in the early game and it only makes sense to push that advantage. Arcane Boots is ideal since he suffers from mana issues.

If your team has a natural mek carrier (maybe a Razor or Viper), try to avoid carrying the Mekanism. Your mana pool is pretty poor. I would also add an item (maybe a force staff) before Aghs, because if you rush Aghs you really won't have enough mana to support it (even if you avoid using Unrefined Fireblast).

What about a Eul's in between arcanes and Agh's? It gives you great mana regen, a movement speed boost, some extra max mana, and a versatile active that can help you or your teams with escaping (put someone up in the air to buy time to cast bloodlust and scuttle the fuck away).

Thanks for the tips y'all.

ZeroX03

Banned
Eul's can make Ogre very mobile, as he's already getting 10%+ move speed from his buff. I like it. Force/Blink can work too.

Ketch

Makes sense. It's an item every team should have, and it's possible I'm the best carrier on the team (or better carriers choose not to build it).

Hmm, why would you want blink specifically? Your initiation is long range, and you have slows/speed buffs to stay on someone. Furthermore, it gives you no other stats or benefits compared to an alternative like a force staff.

What about a Eul's in between arcanes and Agh's? It gives you fantastic mana regen, a movement speed boost, some extra max mana, and a versatile active that can help you or your teams with escaping (put someone up in the air to buy time to cast bloodlust and scuttle the fuck away).

I think eul's is good, but you should prioritize arcane -> mek -> force -> aghs -> and then sheep, or eul's if you can't afford sheep.

I think force staff is a key item for supports, it's up there with mek. You can save yourself in situation's where a blink wouldn't, and more importantly it can keep your carry alive.

What about a Eul's in between arcanes and Agh's? It gives you great mana regen, a movement speed boost, some extra max mana, and a versatile active that can help you or your teams with escaping (put someone up in the air to buy time to cast bloodlust and scuttle the fuck away).

You're totally right. Now that you mention it, Eul's fit him pretty great.

I think eul's is good, but you should prioritize arcane -> mek -> force -> aghs -> and then sheep, or eul's if you can't afford sheep.

I think force staff is a key item for supports, it's up there with mek. You can save yourself in situation's where a blink wouldn't, and more importantly it can keep your carry alive.

I love force staff on supports, but I'm worried Ogre doesn't have enough mana regen to keep the fireblast train a-rollin'. It's tempting to make use of his great int gain with a percentage based multiplier.

ZeroX03

Banned

I think it's pretty rare for Ogre to be on a team where he wants the Mek over another support. Especially because he doesn't get that much out of it compared to others who need the regen. Force or Euls keeps you mobile and helpful, are easy to build and he benefits greatly from the mana.

sephi22

I'm here gaf. I'm a big guy sleeping on this small bunkbed in this hostel, and the guy who's sleeping on the top bed is big too. And this room smells like old socks and cheese.

Worth?

Conceptor

So the couriers you get for buying 50 dollars and up is just genuine, not unusual.

Well shit.
DV's got me covered on this. They changed it for attendee's last year. It will be unusual at some point in the future (hopefully)

sheesh....... i was gonna ask conceptor to get me those plush but they cost like $30 wtf

;_;

oh well i'm just gonna go with what i listed :(

if you are here conceptor.....have fun..also to you guys attending....lucky bastards :(
You can get a micro plushie!!!!! Those are pretty popular. The figures are the $30 ones and the big Rubick and Shagbark are more expensive :X.

I'm not attending fyi, just hoping I can get some TI4 toys too :D

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So do you have to go into the arena to get to the shop? Tried walking around there for a bit but didn't find any answers.

Ketch

I think it's pretty rare for Ogre to be on a team where he wants the Mek over another support. Especially because he doesn't get that much out of it compared to others who need the regen. Force or Euls keeps you mobile and helpful, are easy to build and he benefits greatly from the mana.

I meant to list those in priority order… I think mek is more important for the team, but I agree you should try to get the other support to build it as force is better on ogre.

I love force staff on supports, but I'm worried Ogre doesn't have enough mana regen to keep the fireblast train a-rollin'. It's tempting to make use of his great int gain with a percentage based multiplier.

With arcanes, force, and aghs you'll have mana for days… and then pick up a sheep or eul's next (they both provide the same amount of mana regen, sheep is a better disable.)

Spookie

DV's got me covered on this. They changed it for attendee's last year. It will be unusual at some point in the future (hopefully)

Usually they are identified differently, are they unable to be used in crafting?

Edit: Yep, GUYS incase they do upgrade the regulars. Go to the steam market place and buy the couriers with the "Not usable for crafting" tag.

Wok

So the guy who spent 13,000 dollars in the Secret shop is now trying to sell:
  • Golden Lamb to the Slaughter
  • Golden Empyrean
  • Golden Severing Crest
  • Golden Gravelmaw
  • Golden Pale Mausoleum
  • Golden Doomling
I don't know how many of each he unboxed though. Judging by the asked price, I would say at least 40-50 in total. More likely a lot more since he is looking for profit.

You can get a micro plushie!!!!! Those are pretty popular. The figures are the $30 ones and the big Rubick and Shagbark are more expensive :X.

I'm not attending fyi, just hoping I can get some TI4 toys too :D

ohhh so do you have a person inside that is there then? how about our deal? ;_;

hopefully your mole is legit before i pay you :p

So the guy who spent 13,000 dollars in the Secret shop is now trying to sell:
  • Golden Lamb to the Slaughter
  • Golden Empyrean
  • Golden Severing Crest
  • Golden Gravelmaw
  • Golden Pale Mausoleum
  • Golden Doomling
I don't know how many of each he unboxed though. Judging by the asked price, I would say at least 35 in total. More likely a lot more since he looking for profit.

pass me the link?

Top Bottom