• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stomps only 1/3rd of the time? Cut him loose. I wouldn't put up with that shit for anything less than 9 stomps out of 10.

Also, if your stats are set to public he can track your games through DOTABUFF anyway, so you might just want to air out your grienvances than do some passy-agressy shit.

Max

I am not Max
No and yes. It's a weird situation. Me, him, and another guy have been playing games together pretty much nightly for a few years. Dota just brings out the worst in him to the point where I am embarrassed to be seen in the same party with him at the end of about 1/3 of our games. The other 1/3 he throws by feeding due to overconfidence that never wanes, and the other 1/3 he stomps by doing split pushing that people at our level can't handle or snowballing. He plays the same hero and role every game.

I just wanted to vent I guess? I know I could just block or unfriend or tell him off.

On a very positive note - I had Batrider as my daily hero and in my 10 compendium heroes, so I solo Qd with him for the first time in a real match and we just stomped the other team. Such a fun hero once blink and force staff are up.
I've removed a childhood friend over this game, he's that awful

iamblades

As far as rat dota goes, I really don't have an issue with nature's prophet at all.

Tinker is the real dick bag, Prophet at least has to display some map awareness and be sneaky. Tinker just shift queue blinks into the woods and spams march over and over again while being perfectly safe in 99% of cases.

Fuck that guy.

aeolist

Banned
As far as rat dota goes, I really don't have an issue with nature's prophet at all.

Tinker is the real dick bag, Prophet at least has to display some map awareness and be sneaky. Tinker just shift queue blinks into the woods and spams march over and over again while being perfectly safe in 99% of cases.

Fuck that guy.

yeah even if he gets six slotted NP can be caught out and killed

if tinker gets an early lead he's almost impossible to deal with

Yasae

Banned

Fuck that guy.

yeah even if he gets six slotted NP can be caught out and killed

if tinker gets an early lead he's almost impossible to deal with
E Blade for the death knell.

People pick him and rat, and it fucking ruins the game and takes all the fun out of it. I don't even see how playing him that way is fun either. It's all boring, exploitative garbage - and I guarantee nobody's impressed.

But that's dota in a nutshell so...

Quesa

Mega Creeps vs all three rax up on their side. Farmed PL. Shitface Void beats em all.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/747536880

That Void was kinda sloppy, too, in the mid game. I was 10/2 at one point cuz I beat weaver mid bad. My item build was terrible though. Not sure what I was thinking with that dagon/scepter combo

Caster guy cast this for dumbass courier kills and item deaths???

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, that was a fast game. Blood seeker does bad in lane, dazzle gets mad and intentionally feeds, game is over at 20 minutes. Oh well.

Edit: Oh shit I got the feeding dazzle again, dodge dodge dodge.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That random death match mode is the worst thing that has ever happened to video games.

Zeth

x0xaSTw.png

Dota

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bane + Kentaur lane vs. PotM + Maiden lane

Ieb1hTb.png

iamblades

Just watched Game 2 of Alliance vs C9. The fact that strats like rat Dota is so viable is why I love Dota so much.

Also man dem feels on EE.

It was also a textbook example of why you don't sac towers in exchange for free farm.

After you lose map control there is no guarantee you will ever be able to get it back, especially vs a np and wisp.

Greed has always been C9's fatal flaw though, so it's not surprising.

Chris R

Yay, Korean DOTO!!!

Makes me feel better since I just accidentally deleted all my TI4 flight/hotel info in gmail somehow...

kasane

After I've played a few rounds of CS: GO. I will never complain about the dota2 community again.

im actually playing a lot of cs go now instead but my 100 hour experience so far has been superb. No one flames and everybody works together. When half time comes tho you hear the screaming idiots from the other team

yeah my cs go experience is usually pretty nice

its like a normal server shooter with people just chillin

i wonder if its on the ladder things change or something

Hylian7

I never really notice anything good or bad about the CSGO experience. Of course I'm not exactly good at CS, and don't play it too often.

Also riki for the daily challenge is hard as fuck. They always counter you with a Slardar, every fucking time.

abunai

Just watched C9 Alliance game 2. Jesus christ, what a game.

Same, someone outside woke me up by using a lawnmower or something so I decided to catch up on ESL. Now too pumped to go back to sleep even though its 3pm. Student lyf.
Bulldog was so good in that game, though.

Bad7667

Just played 2 games where I lost connection to both and couldn't reconnect at all. One of the games was close and we proabably could have won. The other was 44 minutes into the game and thankfully our PL was fed enough to not need many teammates.

Do all abandons count as a loss even if your team wins?

Thank god I didn't get low priority though.

xanavi

1) Your team is blind
2) Buy an item before you die. I even tell people getting killed to buy items when they are being chased. Quick buy slot is your friend.

My team wasn't blind at all; I watched their perspectives and they were watching me run for my life. LOL

I didn't want to go treads early this game. I kind of wanted to grab a midas recipe but I ended up opting for the treads anyways. Overall things worked out.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/747886492

How could we have won this game?

I was in offlane, LC jungled. Basically once Skywrath got a few levels I couldn't stay in my lane. They were able to keep killing me while I was getting no farm. I tried to go off to other lanes/jungle, but they would Mirana ult and kill me. My friend was saying we had to 5v5 teamfight them. I disagreed and said we had to rat since we can't really teamfight that team. What shoudl we have done?

ElyrionX

Furion is why Icefrog is a beautiful motherfucker.
Simple as fuck hero design, but one skill that makes him different from every other hero.
All the other skills would be quite shit if you gave him them to another hero.

And best of all, making people mad while still being, at least in my opinion, incredibly balanced, just because you have to adjust your playstyle.

Furion was in the game the way he currently is long before Icefrog got his hands on the game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
http://dotabuff.com/matches/747886492

How could we have won this game?

I was in offlane, LC jungled. Basically once Skywrath got a few levels I couldn't stay in my lane. They were able to keep killing me while I was getting no farm. I tried to go off to other lanes/jungle, but they would Mirana ult and kill me. My friend was saying we had to 5v5 teamfight them. I disagreed and said we had to rat since we can't really teamfight that team. What shoudl we have done?

Well, for one, your duel support top lane decided all they each needed was tangos, so they had no regen. LC is not to great in jungle so she did contribute anything for the first 10 minutes. She also started on the medium camp only to find out she couldn't do it, and didn't kill a single creep until 1:30. You likely should not have put LC in the jungle at all, and simply went two duel lanes or a trilane top. Your disruptor getting first item soul ring and maxing Thunder Strike is a poor build. Jaikiro was rushing a Euls for some reason. Not a single one of you got anything to try and get extra HP, outside of Pudge's Urn of Shadows.

You burned your salve pretty early at 1:10 in and had it canceled 100 HP in, , you likely should have gotten more regen. Also, you for some reason didn't even use a single tango until the second time you were below 250, when you were sitting on ~100 missing HP for a good minute. (You are also lucky you didn't die when you killed skywraith, if Treant just punched your bear down you would have died from the recoil). You never bought more regen ether. So you had to go back to base twice. Then TP back, die to Skywrath simply dumping all his nukes on you, TP back, die because the enemy storm never went back mid, walk back without a bear, and die again to skywraith dumping all his nukes on you. So this is 3 deaths in solo offline by 8 minutes. You die again at 10:30 because you had boots on your bear and not your hero. Once more at 12:30 in a team fight that broke out around you. Again at 13 when you TPed top and immediately walked into an invis Storm Spirit. I would say that last on is just bad luck, but at this point you are really under farmed and basically a non-factor.

And while all this was happening, no one else was really farming. The Disruptor Jakiro safe lane simply got zoned out by Mirana Tusk lane, LC did worst then par in the jungle, and pudge not only did poorly in mid, he stopped farming at about 10 minutes in.

Maybe someone could point out some specific things you could have done, but dying 3 times in 90 seconds at 7-8 minuets was a huge set back, since the teams were even before that happened, and allowed the enemy team to really snow ball, but I also think having LC jungle at all was a huge mistake that would have likely lost you the game anyway even if your solo lane went better. I also think you should have grabbed some simply stat items at some point. It looks like at 25 minutes in you are still trying to get a Midas.

I guess in the end what I am trying to say is jungle LC was a bad choice with your picks, you played your offlane really badly (You made poor use of your tangos and never got more regen after you exhausted your initial purchase), and your team itemized and skilled poorly, with Jakiro getting max passive and Disruptor maxing Thunder Strike, and no one picking up a magic sticks or items to get additional HP.

Top Bottom