• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

lZV7bis.jpg

Equip Doomling --> Pop the courier --> Equip Pudgling --> Golden Doomling .

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some of league's lcs drama is really amusing. CLG has subbed out their entire team so the main players can boot camp in Korea, leaving a substitute team to finish up the NA season. This some how doesn't break any rules and highlights how pointless the last few games are.

ksan

Steam down for anyone else?

10 years since valve steam, i walk the streets....
Some of league's lcs drama is really amusing. CLG has subbed out their entire team so the main players can boot camp in Korea, leaving a substitute team to finish up the NA season. This some how doesn't break any rules and highlights how pointless the last few games are.

but u get punished for getting "troll items" i heard
seems pretty legit

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dondo would/ve been fined $1000 for every fountain hook during TI3.

Unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated.

Sounds like real sports where teams that have a playoff spot locked up will rest the starters and play scrubs at the end of the season.

Sounds like real sports where teams that have a playoff spot locked up will rest the starters and play scrubs at the end of the season.

Not really relevant. Resting starters in physical sports is to avoid injury and give younger less experienced players time to play. Gaming doesn't have the former issue and the prior would only be relevent at a LAN event to help them get used to playing on a big stage with an audience. It sounds like CLG decided the last few games weren't important and they would rather practice for the upcoming bigger events, so they got 5 players "off the street" to sub in so the other people could practice in Korea.

There isn't really an equivalent in physical sports because just about every game matters. I guess the closest analogy would be just not giving a shit in the 3rd/4th place match in the World Cup.

it was because of a stomp and they were stomping too hard

it was "unsportsmanlike"

Well that did happen in the NFL regular season last year. I believe it was Denver who stomped the Titans so badly their coach said it was unsportsmanlike (I think the final score was 52-7).

Those are sports with a realistic chance of getting injuries.

Carpal isn't an injury?

Not really relevant. Resting starters in physical sports is to avoid injury and give younger less experienced players time to play. Gaming doesn't have the former issue and the prior would only be relevent at a LAN event to help them get used to playing on a big stage with an audience. It sounds like CLG decided the last few games weren't important and they would rather practice for the upcoming bigger events, so they got 5 players "off the street" to sub in so the other people could practice in Korea.

There isn't really an equivalent in physical sports because just about every game matters. I guess the closest analogy would be just not giving a shit in the 3rd/4th place match in the World Cup.

Well that did happen in the NFL regular season last year. I believe it was Denver who stomped the Titans so badly their coach said it was unsportsmanlike (I think the final score was 52-7).

Fatigue?

Also I've watched pro sports teams fill out there end of the season roster with guys who are not prospects, guys who have no future with the organization etc etc, basically washed up scrubs and never wases. It happens literally every season in every American sport. I'm not saying the analog is 1:1 but you guys are trying to hold video game sports to a higher standard than athletic sports which is kind of weird because you also want them to be considered equal.

is he going to cry about it?

you try your best at all times

that's the most sportsman like thing to do

you can be nice and still rack up a huge score just don't be a dick about like taunt or anything

Top Bottom