• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

G.ZZZ

Easiest 100 mmr loss of my life yesterday. First two i had a feeder rager that left first 10 mins, then i went full tilt and played like shit the next two. I'm actually getting worse at this game the more i play. Around 1k mmr lower than my top and i can't stop losing.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
I love doing these damm pixel art chat emotes. takes me back... :3

DismalThreadbareEmu.gif

ZeroX03

Banned
Playing with my friend and three randoms. We stomp pretty hard, take a second rax, I say I love the team and get a spontaneous Dead Poet's Society response. Love these random DotA moments.

kcykpx.png

I got deso first, and someone else on my team was getting drums (he didn't finish it before I got aghs because he was farming terribly) but did farm well enough to get battlefury. Hm somehow I assumed that omnislash worked exactly like sleight of fist, but I was definitely doing more damage per slash. Would that be the deso effect?

You can auto attack between slashes but the slashes themselves don't change

Pratfall

I got deso first, and someone else on my team was getting drums (he didn't finish it before I got aghs because he was farming terribly) but did farm well enough to get battlefury. Hm somehow I assumed that omnislash worked exactly like sleight of fist, but I was definitely doing more damage per slash. Would that be the deso effect?

So the way this works is that Omnislash itself just does 200-225 damage with each slash, but if your attack speed is high enough, you will also do normal attacks while you are omnislashing if you give jugg an attack command. I'm not exactly sure what the math on it is (especially since they buffed his BAT in the last patch) but I think going deso first is suboptimal since it doesn't give you any attack speed to increase your attacks during omnislash so you don't even apply the deso effect. I could be wrong about this though.

I have always liked phase>drums>Yasha into aghs.

Zoon

I think I read somewhere that you need to have auto attack after using spell on for auto attacks during omnislash.But it's been a long time, don't know if it's fixed.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
lol no

Read: http://dota.2p.com/article.shtml?id=7366853
It's not perfect, but it'll give you a good idea of what is going on.

QARzZ4w.png

ZeroX03

Banned
bad player randoms Sand King
calls mid
feeds 4 times in 10 minutes
"I can't play mid, someone help plz"
abandons game
ffs

Australian servers are terrible lately. I mean, terribler than usual.

domstah

Abandoning games seems to have become a small epidemic recently - maybe it's time for harsher punishments for serial abandoners.

I guess 6 games in Low Pri isn't enough deterrent - or maybe they should disable co-op bot games from count towards the low pri count.

M.D

so for a long time now i did not want to solo que, especially mmr games, because i have a bad experience when playing solo

today i finally decided to play some solo ranked

first game i get a great team and we end up winning

second game we lost and people complained at the end of the match, but i didn't say anything because i knew was at fault too

third game i decided to play captain's draft

obviously the worst player on the team, someone with very few games (who i should def be matched with!) takes the captain, goes as storm mid and builds dagon as his first item (before he even got boots)

the spirit breaker he picked for no good reason sits in my lane and does nothing but trying to steal last hits, then calls gg, feeds and takes my armlet items from the courier

i'm not sure why, but from my experience and things i've read it seems like the worst people are playing ranked and even worse people are playing CM/CD

Pratfall

I know this has already been said but PA is so good if you build her as an early game fighter. Phase, Drums, Basher, Vlads into abyssal. Stifling dagger is such a dope spell.

Bring on the arcana.

Razzer

I know this has already been said but PA is so good if you build her as an early game fighter. Phase, Drums, Basher, Vlads into abyssal. Stifling dagger is such a dope spell.

Bring on the arcana.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Razzer

Should I skip drums?

It's a personal annoyance of mine. I just thing drums is bad on PA cus it gives her stuff she already has, which is chasing potential and attack speed. The strength stats are the only thing worth it, and you get that from a casual ogre club you can turn into a bkb.

Edit: I also prefer helm to vlads, but I accept Vlads as being useful in many ways, such as if you want another UAM, or your team needs some armour, not to mention the mana regen can be good on such a low int hero. Good for pushing too.

Pratfall

yes

and helm > vlads

What if I am too dumb to stack ancients? I feel like if I skip drums and basi I will have a ton of mana issues.

It's a personal annoyance of mine. I just thing drums is bad on PA cus it gives her stuff she already has, which is chasing potential and attack speed. The strength stats are the only thing worth it, and you get that from a casual ogre club you can turn into a bkb.

Edit: I also prefer helm to vlads, but I accept Vlads as being useful in many ways, such as if you want another UAM, or your team needs some armour, not to mention the mana regen can be good on such a low int hero. Good for pushing too.

Solid points all around. I will try a build without it. They had basically no lockdown so I skipped BKB, though in retrospect I should have gotten it for bristlebacks blademail.

What if I am too dumb to stack ancients? I feel like if I skip drums and basi I will have a ton of mana issues.
Still worth. mostly later because you can throw a reaver on it and since the life steal is post crit damage you can fill your hp with one hit with a satanic

if you want to get some use out of it just get an alpha wolf and have it follow you around its pretty useful that way.

mana problems are one of her biggest issues. just conserve your mana mid game and you'll be fine come later as her spells scale pretty cheap come late. the best solution is have a team that builds lots of arcanes

Razzer

Still worth. mostly later because you can throw a reaver on it and since the life steal is post crit damage you can fill your hp with one hit with a satanic

if you want to get some use out of it just get an alpha wolf and have it follow you around its pretty useful that way.

mana problems are one of her biggest issues. just conserve your mana mid game and you'll be fine come later as her spells scale pretty cheap come late. the best solution is have a team that builds lots of arcanes

I've also seen people grab a troll or centaur for a little extra lockdown. Or that creep that has a purge. Or the ice armour one. So many creative ways to use Helm.

Pratfall

I've also seen people grab a troll or centaur for a little extra lockdown. Or that creep that has a purge. Or the ice armour one. So many creative ways to use Helm.

Good tips! Thanks guys, I will try a drums free helm build.

i just assumed if stacking ancients was beyond then so was a lot of that

also you should try stacking ancients pratfall. no better way to get better than to actually do. its easiest to clear on luna so just go for that. just make the creep on a control group (usually just assign it to 2) and just double tap that button at :51ish and right click the stack and run away. that's it! it's easy. practice it if you think you stink with it.

yarden24

Bring on the arcana.

I feel an early maelstrom is very useful on her, it not only adds a good chunk of damage, it also helps her farming, which is otherwise very lackluster,

Try it sometime.

Also, all those that are advocating getting an abysal before a BKB are crazy

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hell if you can't micro for shit just have an alpha wolf or task master follow you.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
This Sing DS2 stream too good, just released an NPC that is going to gank him over and over.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
lol no

Read: http://dota.2p.com/article.shtml?id=7366853
It's not perfect, but it'll give you a good idea of what is going on.

http://i.imgur.com/QARzZ4w.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Adding to this, I made a quick graph to show bonus attack scaling during different levels/levels of omni together to give a better feel for how it scales.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7yebg9i.png

Just have to balance maxing out on AS/damage increases in your itemization.

Top Bottom