• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Sing Sing Dark Souls is great in such a weird way. I thought he fucked over his game and killed NPCs. And today he's still going at it - killing bosses.

"Handsome Mode, activate" I died.

Completes the game and still using the menu to use anything but Estus, lol.

Feeding player: sand iego
Boosted player: biubiu!
Amount of games: 10+. just checked the dotabuff of the feeding account. biubiu has always been in his games.
http://dotabuff.com/players/144191548 - sand iego the feed account
http://dotabuff.com/players/179762964 - biubiu! the account being boosted

basically he literally sent out the feed account out straight to enemy tower towards different lanes over and over.

I'm already unlucky getting stuck in 4.9k shit tier since i lost the 10 game lottery now i have this shit happening. why not just get good instead of having to rely on underhanded tactics like using a feed account. pick phoenix. pick swm. pick invoker. jesus take the wheel!

4.9K isn't shit tier. You're probably somewhere in the 95th percentile

what? the normal announcer is 0.48 € on the market place, mega kills is 0.20 €

The Steam Market is a magical place

WHAT?!

I'm a bit confused. I thought the only way to get it was through the in-game store at RRP, so people selling it on the marketplace would be selling it for just under that price as they use other announcers :(

Can you recieve announcer packs as match rewards? Or were they gifted to people/traded to them, so they don't mind selling?

However such a prie disparity has ocurred, SOLD :p

manfestival

WHAT?!

I'm a bit confused. I thought the only way to get it was through the in-game store at RRP, so people selling it on the marketplace would be selling it for just under that price as they use other announcers :(

Can you recieve announcer packs as match rewards? Or were they gifted to people/traded to them, so they don't mind selling?

Yes you can receive them through awards or through random event chests (auspicious items). You can receive them as gifts as well but I many times will buy something through the market over the store because its at least a quarter of the price (most of the time). Rare(actually rare and not the item rarity in game) items on the other hand will go for much much more. You can find immortals for 30 cents on the market and so forth.

Zeth

I really want the Bastion announcer, but fuck paying £6 for it

Are you the same person who mentioned spamming chat channels for a gifted compendium?
crazy.gif

Thorinbei

Neo Member
More like 99.999th percentile, but yeah, 4.9k is pretty damn good.

once you see the replays your opinion will change.
i consider 5.4k++ as good.
people are just clueless in 4.9k.
someone picks void. they don't know how to counter. they could only think of doom as a counter.

someone picks void. they don't know how to counter. they could only think of doom as a counter.

I don't think my opinion will change. You'll have people having off games in every bracket. Relative to their brackets, their mistakes might make a difference in super highly ranked games, but probably not in potato tier.

Are you the same person who mentioned spamming chat channels for a gifted compendium?
crazy.gif

Pfft, my compendium was all legit. Everything I got in there, I got through paying for the book (thought I should pay for something since I've got so many hours out of the game :p) and doing the challenges/offerings to the immortal or whatever it was called

Why's the GAF channel so quiet btw? There's often a lot of people in there.

SamVimes

Completes the game and still using the menu to use anything but Estus, lol.

But i don't understand, how come he's doing new content if he finished the game already? Isn't it like in Dark Souls that as soon as you complete it you get booted to ng+?

I probably will come to my original conclusion.. People make dumbs decisions all the time in all tiers. I solo at 3k and have played in 4k games. The difference is substantial.. It's basically playing pick up basketball at the park vs playing pickup against D1 players. You see similar mistakes but the game is played at a faster pace/speed.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
i just don't understand why someone would want to increase their mmr in such a underhanded way when they'll just betray themselves when they finally reach the big leagues. i'd feel bad for the team that gets that trash player

i just don't understand why someone would want to increase their mmr in such a underhanded way when they'll just betray themselves when they finally reach the big leagues. i'd feel bad for the team that gets that trash player

Some people just want to break the system and fuck with people that play legitimately well. Best thing to do is to report, carry on and forget about it

xanavi

What's the mmr on their feed account? I don't understand how this works. If you continue to sac one account how does he keep getting mm games against it?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Void doesnt need nerfs

Maelstrom needs nerfs

Easily the best damage vs valve item in the game

Its recipe should cost 1000, same as basher. Them making Mjollnirs recipe cost 300 more was really pointless because why even upgrade. +60 AS Mjollnir gives for 3k gold is pretty retarded imo

They should make Maelstrom much weaker so the upgrade to Mjollnir is way more meaty and viable

Mjollnir should stay the same while Mael gets nerfed to:

Chance: 20%
Damage: 75
Bounce Range: 600

Mjollnir is a monster upgrade. More damage on the lightning, better stats for the slot, and the active ability which is super good. Maelstrom is fine.

Divine justice for all your ooking?

What's the mmr on their feed account? I don't understand how this works. If you continue to sac one account how does he keep getting mm games against it?

Queue for game modes/language/regions with a small player pool.

Thorinbei, you and Hylian7 should discuss MMR woes.

In all seriousness, you're 4.9k...my wishful goal mmr is lower than your current mmr.

Acinixys

Mjollnir is a monster upgrade. More damage on the lightning, better stats for the slot, and the active ability which is super good. Maelstrom is fine.

+60 AS, +30 more chain lighting damage and the shield(which just got nerfed)?

Is that really worth a 3000 gold investment?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Shield remains good in my opinion, especially with all the tanky heroes and constant teamfighting in the game today. That and stats/slot, gives the same AS as bfly.

M.D

Mjollnir is a monster upgrade. More damage on the lightning, better stats for the slot, and the active ability which is super good. Maelstrom is fine./QUOTE]

I personally think so
You don't have to go Mjo right after getting Maelstrom, you can build other items that benefit you more in that point in time and get it later

What sort of heroes are you getting Maelstrmo/Mjo? I love getting it on STR heroes and heroes that benefit from the attack speed and need some sort of farming capability like Void

Zeth

Pfft, my compendium was all legit. Everything I got in there, I got through paying for the book (thought I should pay for something since I've got so many hours out of the game :p) and doing the challenges/offerings to the immortal or whatever it was called

Why's the GAF channel so quiet btw? There's often a lot of people in there.

Sorry! It was someone else, didn't mean to be mean.

RS4-

WHAT?!

So bad, last week I actually got two mythicals to drop after games...both announcers.

And lack of BP bonus is just horrible. Takes like 20+ games to level up.

Feeding player: sand iego
Boosted player: biubiu!
Amount of games: 10+. just checked the dotabuff of the feeding account. biubiu has always been in his games.
http://dotabuff.com/players/144191548 - sand iego the feed account
http://dotabuff.com/players/179762964 - biubiu! the account being boosted

basically he literally sent out the feed account out straight to enemy tower towards different lanes over and over.

I'm already unlucky getting stuck in 4.9k shit tier since i lost the 10 game lottery now i have this shit happening. why not just get good instead of having to rely on underhanded tactics like using a feed account. pick phoenix. pick swm. pick invoker. jesus take the wheel!

You should come play in 2.2k tier. Then you will know true pain.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
~5k is when you begin to notice all the mistakes you're making, not the kind that comes from inexperience, but straight up mechanical deficiencies. And then you realize you're not actually that good at the game.

Top Bottom