• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

OI GUVNOR

edit:

also singsing was apparently kicked from c9?

Envy: kicks sing Hey @Arteezy, we have a mid slot free if you're interested?

Arteezy: kicks mason Hey @EternalEnvy1991, we have a carry slot free if you're interested?"

I guess it was deleted, but there was a back an forth last night something along the lines of

Envy: First to try some bullshit anime CD

Arteezy: Too bad i'm first when it counts

Envy: That's why we can't be on the same team

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Which teams are GAF teams?

Team guidos, trasher, and freakinchair fraud squid i believe. Only team trasher is scheduled to play in the coming week because of reasons. Think they play in an hour or so.

It is also not too late to signup for anyone that still wants to join, this is just the bo1 phase where signups are still open.

BigAT

We play at 3 EST...hoping we have 5!
sick.gif

sixghost

Team guidos, trasher, and freakinchair fraud squid i believe. Only team trasher is scheduled to play in the coming week because of reasons. Think they play in an hour or so.

It is also not too late to signup for anyone that still wants to join, this is just the bo1 phase where signups are still open.

Do you know if we can sign up with 4 players? We're not 100% on who our 5th player is going to be yet.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Do you know if we can sign up with 4 players? We're not 100% on who our 5th player is going to be yet.

I'd probably wait for a 5th, you still have about a week to signup I believe. Though if you absolutely can't find a 5th in the next couple days and want to be safe, just sign up as 4 and put TBD in the 5th slot.

We play at 3 EST...hoping we have 5!
sick.gif

We'll play in your place :D.

Oh I guess I should introduce myself.

I been playing DotA since 2003, but I wouldn't say I actually "got gud" at the game until like 2009-2010-ish. I played the game for almost an entire decade with a handful of heroes even though I understood how all the heroes in the game worked. I was one of the original forum moderators for DotACash (with this very screen name for awhile) when it launched, and it was there where I really learned the meta.

Lots of pros like Aui_2000, Universe, TidesofTime, etc. played on our servers, but I wasn't good enough to be considered to hang (I am also not Asian...if I were, it would have helped me join the cliques). I HAVE however, played with/talk to some guys who could have gone pro but decided to...you know, live normal lives. One of them is a mentor of mine of sorts and he was good friends with Aui. Even told me how when it came to forming a serious team 2-3 years ago that they told him he had to decide between DotA or real life.

But that's about other ppl. If you care, I have 2k games played on DotA 2 with a 48% w/l. I'm a 3800-3900 MMR guy who thinks he should be in 4k but I don't care for the heroes that I should play to get there (like slark..eff that hero; and currently Void) because I find more satisfaction in beating "meta" heroes than playing with them (Krob and Necrolyte are exceptions as I have been playing with them even when they were considered bad). I considered playing CD/CM mode, but that means risking some captain picking a team revolving around their carry. No ty. I'll just be content at 3800 and play non-ranked. Stress-free DotA.

My party MMR is like 3400 or so. Dat 400-500 pt swing between solo and team? Well, I find it amusing, because a lot of my friends have like ~4k MMR party MMR but are like 3300 solo.

I'm most comfortable playing a 2-3. Playing a 4-5 is generally unfun for me, but I'll do it especially because most ppl I know are pubstar carries who fail at support.

Right now, my favorite hero is Lina, played as a semicarry (because I think she makes for a really really bad support). Phase boots, urn or bottle (depending on if she's mid) blink dagger, Agh with a naked void stone somewhere in between for the mana regen. I get euls for heroes who get blink to set up her stuns better.

I'm always looking for more ppl to play with. My DotaCash connections give me friends as high as 5k MMR and as low as 2700. I'll pretty much play with anyone as long as you A) don't rage and B) are not spamming on the mic, especially with profanity because my wife has recently taken interest in the game after it has caused problems in our marriage and I have overcome some addictions. But she's also very modest and does not want to hear/see explicit stuff. So if you're looking for someone who you know won't eff up your game by randoming a hero when you're trying hard, or demanding to play solo Pudge against OD, send me a PM.

Ultrabum

I'm not gonna quote all that, but the fabled Stevewinwood stack is usually around 3.7K mmr, we usually play all random. Come join us!

Hylian7

Oh I guess I should introduce myself.

I been playing DotA since 2003, but I wouldn't say I actually "got gud" at the game until like 2009-2010-ish. I played the game for almost an entire decade with a handful of heroes even though I understood how all the heroes in the game worked. I was one of the original forum moderators for DotACash (with this very screen name for awhile) when it launched, and it was there where I really learned the meta.

Lots of pros like Aui_2000, Universe, TidesofTime, etc. played on our servers, but I wasn't good enough to be considered to hang (I am also not Asian...if I were, it would have helped me join the cliques). I HAVE however, played with/talk to some guys who could have gone pro but decided to...you know, live normal lives. One of them is a mentor of mine of sorts and he was good friends with Aui. Even told me how when it came to forming a serious team 2-3 years ago that they told him he had to decide between DotA or real life.

But that's about other ppl. If you care, I have 2k games played on DotA 2 with a 48% w/l. I'm a 3800-3900 MMR guy who thinks he should be in 4k but I don't care for the heroes that I should play to get there (like slark..eff that hero; and currently Void) because I find more satisfaction in beating "meta" heroes than playing with them (Krob and Necrolyte are exceptions as I have been playing with them even when they were considered bad). I considered playing CD/CM mode, but that means risking some captain picking a team revolving around their carry. No ty. I'll just be content at 3800 and play non-ranked. Stress-free DotA.

My party MMR is like 3400 or so. Dat 400-500 pt swing between solo and team? Well, I find it amusing, because a lot of my friends have like ~4k MMR party MMR but are like 3300 solo.

I'm most comfortable playing a 2-3. Playing a 4-5 is generally unfun for me, but I'll do it especially because most ppl I know are pubstar carries who fail at support.

Right now, my favorite hero is Lina, played as a semicarry (because I think she makes for a really really bad support). Phase boots, urn or bottle (depending on if she's mid) blink dagger, Agh with a naked void stone somewhere in between for the mana regen. I get euls for heroes who get blink to set up her stuns better.

I'm always looking for more ppl to play with. My DotaCash connections give me friends as high as 5k MMR and as low as 2700. I'll pretty much play with anyone as long as you A) don't rage and B) are not spamming on the mic, especially with profanity because my wife has recently taken interest in the game after it has caused problems in our marriage and I have overcome some addictions. But she's also very modest and does not want to hear/see explicit stuff. So if you're looking for someone who you know won't eff up your game by randoming a hero when you're trying hard, or demanding to play solo Pudge against OD, send me a PM.
Welcome! About a year ago I played a couple of Dota 1 matches on DotaCash servers on my stream for fun. I did horribly as I was not used to WC3 at all, but it was interesting. There sure is a huuuge skill gap between Dota 1 and 2 pubs.

Welcome! About a year ago I played a couple of Dota 1 matches on DotaCash servers on my stream for fun. I did horribly as I was not used to WC3 at all, but it was interesting. There sure is a huuuge skill gap between Dota 1 and 2 pubs.

IDK, the problem with DotA 1 games is that people stacked a lot. I mean, A LOT. You could be competent and your teammates not be derp and still get wrecked because the other team was basically running a scrim strat against pubs. Also, MH was a lot more prevalent than hardcore DotA fans would like to believe.

I'm not gonna quote all that, but the fabled Stevewinwood stack is usually around 3.7K mmr, we usually play all random. Come join us!

Sounds good. Just added you on my phone.

yarden24

IDK, the problem with DotA 1 games is that people stacked a lot. I mean, A LOT. You could be competent and your teammates not be derp and still get wrecked because the other team was basically running a scrim strat against pubs. Also, MH was a lot more prevalent than hardcore DotA fans would like to believe.

feel free to add me as well, im 3.3k party mmr , yarden24

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Also, MH was a lot more prevalent than hardcore DotA fans would like to believe.

I don't know man, think pretty much everyone and their mother knew how prevalent map hacks were lol. I personally quit dota 1 even long before HoN came out just because of map hacks. Hell, a bunch of my irl friends map hacked. I think at some point though, blizzard finally turned on their detection software for custom games, so a bunch of people got banned.

antigoon

I did pretty well vs a Void today once I got an orchid as Storm Spirit. We shut him down pretty hard early.

....................but then we gave him too much space, he got fat, and won.

Hylian7

Definitely, there was that and bug exploiting/other hacking going on too. I remember a time I played Techies and as soon as I spawned one time I got instantly hooked to the place I died (on the OPPOSITE) side of the map by the enemy Pudge, old Dota 2 Chen style.

Carlius

Banned
i just had the game of my life with meepo. too bad low prio put me with a razor with 10 hours lmao and he had no idea what to do, but almost won the game by myelf if it werent for rat doto np, meepo too much fun

BigAT

I don't understand people talking about Doom like, "Doom is actually a counter to <hero>" as though he doesn't counter the entire hero pool potentially.

Anybody else who's very new interested in playing some and learning together? I've only played maybe ten hours, yesterday was the first time I really got into it (and played till 4 am!)

I am BAD. Don't add me and yell at me for being bad. However I do have a mic and I'll listen if you tell me what to do instead of what I am doing, lol!

Steam is piratethingy

Added!

Demoli

There are a few heroes doom doesnt counter, mainly right click only heroes or heroes that have only 1 round of spells. Skeelton King, Lycan, Lone Druid, Tide post ravage, etc.

Kard8p3

There are a few heroes doom doesnt counter, mainly right click only heroes or heroes that have only 1 round of spells. Skeelton King, Lycan, Lone Druid, Tide post ravage, etc.

Also razor/dp if they get their ults off dont give a fuck if they get doom'd

sixghost

Did anyone experience worse FPS in dota after installing windows 8.1? Fraps says it's still 60 but it looks noticeably less smooth.

BigAT

SK I'll grant you, maybe LD, but getting it on Lycan pre-ult is devastating. There's plenty of heroes you can obviously say, "Well after they've already used all their useful abilities Doom doesn't matter", but of course that is the case.

Top Bottom