• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Pratfall

ya he's really good. I like getting blue buff so i can spam more during the first few lvls, helps you survive better than red buff IMO.

hush.gif
hush.gif
hush.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
More Mapo!
surprise.gif

Game was EZ (their team was raging at Sky for taking mid) then it got hard (Invoker/Kunkka womboing on my ass) then it got EZ (blink/poofed the Voker then GG'd!)

Still haven't lost on this hero in a long time. I think people at my MMR don't know that I'm scared as helllll for the first 3 levels and after that I'm like w/e @ their entire team.

Hylian7

Getting the right IVs got so much easier with the friend safari. You're guaranteed two perfect IVs and if you find someone with Ditto in their safari, you're good to go. That plus destiny knot make it easy to get what you need in an hour, unlike older games where it was ridiculous.

Edit : I'll be home in like half an hour. I got you added on steam Kade so I'll message you on there if I got what you need.

Yeah, true. I do have a 6IV ditto, the process is still just tedious though. Super Training gets repititive after a while too and I start to lose interest.

FACE

Banned
We were going to win a game after 4 straight losses and then the server straight up crashed, are drophacks a thing for Dota 2?

Of course the one dragon chest, when they were available, I open gives me the Dragon Knight sword, the lowest worth item in the chest and the one without any interesting particles. And also it breaks my custom loadout animation...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Of course the one dragon chest, when they were available, I open gives me the Dragon Knight sword, the lowest worth item in the chest and the one without any interesting particles. And also it breaks my custom loadout animation...

You should likely still just sell it now. Perfect World Promotional items tend to be given out in large batches, look at the Coke Collection and Quas Invoker Set.

Gut says the chest will get a proper release with our end of month event thingy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Before this game started I told the Necro in my lane "Bring your balls, I'm going ham." Balls were brought, ham was gone.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/841706302

Even gave up first blood (it's cool, I needed to get my mana back anyways) but still shit on that Void harder than I've ever shit on another hero in Dota. Undying is such a rad hero if you wanna punish greedy carries. I had enough decay on the Void that he had something like 200 max hp and we just started yolo diving with Tombstone. Man, what a hero.

Hylian7

You know what's frustrating? When you want to buy wards but can't because someone else on your team has them and isn't placing them.

What's more frustrating than that? A cliff jungling NP who just dies over and over again because the other team figured it out. Why do people even do this?

Madouu

scumbag network top 5 plays of the week is always high quality, I still watch them even though I stopped playing hon a very long time ago.

Haunted

It happened when Mega Khangaskhan can hit twice in one turn.

Fake Out and Power Up Punch are bullshit.
wait huh kangaskhan is in the meta WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

Even in UU, I'm pretty sure I never saw a Kangaskhan pick.
guys pls have some respect. If you three want to discuss your favourite game instead of Dota 2, please use the appropriate thread.

Hylian7

Seriously, where does cliff jungling even come from? Was it some Dota 1 pub thing of old? Some thing that began at some Korean tournament with an Armlet Sniper? How the hell do people possibly see it as "good"? You can even be inefficient with Treant micro jungling the real way and STILL do better than cliff jungling.

So Waga just posted this video about quickcast and about different settings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHvuLxKVDA

Anyone of you guys quickcast?
I've been using quickcast for months. It was weird at first but eventually got a hold of it.
Now I can't go back to normal casting. As for the AOE of each spells I have no problem because I'm very familliar of the aoe of each spells. Normal casting spells is alt+QWERTY
I was also using legacy before but got tired of when using rubick overlapping hotkeys.

Here's my hotkeys
1,2 - control group
3 - chat wheel
4 - voice
F3 - stats
Space - select hero
QWERTY - quickcast skills
alt+QWERTY - normal casting
DFGZXC - quickcast items
alt+DFGZXC - normal cast items
mouse 4 - take stash
mouse 5 - quickbuy
v - courier
b - shop
F1 - scoreboard
F2 - pause
n - runes

Falk

that puzzling face
Been meaning to switch over to quickcast at some point after my little rant in the OT about how this functionality didn't exist in Dota2 and being told it did.

Haven't really had the time to sit down and play Dota2 for a while though.

LiQuid!

Last few Mapo games I've been skipping treads and just waiting to get BTs after my scepter or dagger depending on whether I'm fighting or farming more. How bad and/or not bad is this?

Last few Mapo games I've been skipping treads and just waiting to get BTs after my scepter or dagger depending on whether I'm fighting or farming more. How bad and/or not bad is this?

Not that bad I would imagine. Most of Meepo's early game damage is from Poof anyway so the attack speed is pretty unimportant, and the stats are negligable if you kill your target every time. It's better for ganking if you're up but worse if you're a bit behind or they have a better ganking lineup.

This whole time I've been avoiding AP ranked and going for CM ranked because I thought it would be easier.

It turns out AP ranked feels like 500 MMR lower than an equivalent CM ranked game.

Seriously, where does cliff jungling even come from? Was it some Dota 1 pub thing of old? Some thing that began at some Korean tournament with an Armlet Sniper? How the hell do people possibly see it as "good"? You can even be inefficient with Treant micro jungling the real way and STILL do better than cliff jungling.
I don't think people see it as good, I think they see it as 'the absolute least amount of effort to get levels & farm'.

Top Bottom