• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Big Dog

Yeah it's looking like bad news right now for SingSing trying to search for a match. The Lizard Squad is all over his ass. His Twitch chat had to move into subscriber only mode because the lizard spam was moving so fast it was nearly hard to read.

kvk1

Question:

At what point of the attack phase is the hit/miss chance determined?

For instance, I'm chasing somebody in the river who is about to walk uphill to their side of the mid lane, I launch a ranged right-click attack while they're still on low ground, they walk uphill, then the attack hits.

Now would that never proc as an uphill miss because I started the attack animation while he was in low ground, or could it still miss because it hit him after he walked high ground?

Sorry if I'm making this sound really confusing.

Zeth

Yeah it's looking like bad news right now for SingSing trying to search for a match. The Lizard Squad is all over his ass. His Twitch chat had to move into subscriber only mode because the lizard spam was moving so fast it was nearly hard to read.

Pretty sure it's just regular idiots

Any moderately competent script kids could do much better - if it's actually a ddosing group possessing a bot net they could have given him a couple hundred thousand extra viewers at least.

Question:

For instance, I'm chasing somebody in the river who is about to walk uphill to their side of the mid lane, I launch a ranged right-click attack while they're still on low ground, they walk uphill, then the attack hits.

Now would that never proc as an uphill miss because I started the attack animation while he was in low ground, or could it still miss because it hit him after he walked high ground?

I could be wrong but I think it's determined when you do the attack, not when it connects

Red UFO

Question:

It's whenever the animation starts. If he's on the same level as you when you click, you'll hit him.

Notice how when you do miss, the red text saying "miss" appears before the projectile lands.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Question:

As soon as you click, but you won't know if it the attack missed or not until it hits.

kvk1

I could be wrong but I think it's determined when you do the attack, not when it connects

It's whenever the animation starts. If he's on the same level as you when you click, you'll hit him.

Notice how when you do miss, the red text saying "miss" appears before the projectile lands.

As soon as you click, but you won't know if it the attack missed or not until it hits.

Awesome, thanks.

Just one of those things I was curious about but never focused on in the heat of the match.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nothing will happen and DOTA players will commit mass suicide.

you know like

you can play other peoples mods

that improves the experience pretty handily

honestly if youre playing this game for hot new shit instead of actual dota its probably not the right game for you

I have over 3.7k hours on the game. I think I'm pretty sure I know what I want in this game. I just want my patches, heroes, and gamemodes. Even if they made it so ARDM was accessible instead of hidden, I'd be happy.

Like I said, I want to play dota (not mods) and I want them to improve it with content that they promised to give. It's not like I'm asking for too much, its been over a month since TI4.

Its not an unreasonable request, especially when they've been releasing cosmetics like every week since.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ah man I hope Matt actually knows something about the patch coming this week or I really feel bad for the internet rage he's going to get thrown at him.

I have over 3.7k hours on the game. I think I'm pretty sure I know what I want in this game. I just want my patches, heroes, and gamemodes. Even if they made it so ARDM was accessible instead of hidden, I'd be happy.

Like I said, I want to play dota (not mods) and I want them to improve it with content that they promised to give. It's not like I'm asking for too much, its been over a month since TI4.

Its not an unreasonable request, especially when they've been releasing cosmetics like every week since.

im just confused theyre giving you what you want

Sianos

I'll just continue to pick Doom and use my wonderful skeleton friends from the troll camp to scout for mines.Even then, I doubt Techies will be in captains mode for a while.

8ZfLaEx.jpg

Found another Smash leak, guys. Matches up with the earlier one.

techies fun facts:

remote mines give vision
land mines damage buildings

wut

how is this hero not great

Great hero, It's just people play him badly

Also Dota2 needs more cute heroes we only got Luna and Puck(if that qualifies)
Lol and Dawngate has a lot of cute heroes.
cry.gif

inkls

Okay, so as promised the Canucks Cast (CC for short) has conducted interviews with the winners of each division and our sponsor Hylian7. Special shoutout to Shira and Bouchfx!

Hylian7

inkls: So why decide to sponsor the gaf 1v1 tourney? Here at the Canucks Cast we want to know. Any shoutouts?

Hylian7: I enjoy casting, and casting the tournament kind of came up impromptu. It's nice that Hitbox doesn't mute VODs though. It was kind of weird casting and playing in the same tournament, so the VODs from the games I played in will be just from my POV. Granted these are 1v1, so you won't miss too much other than my opponent going for runes and such. Speaking of the VODS, they will be up soon. Hitbox got a bit slow last night so I am finishing splitting them to publish.

inkls: The question on everyone's lips: Why tinker? Did you have a bruce wayne experience when you were younger that made you forgo magic? If so, why not Anti-Mage?

Hylian7: Why Tinker, ah yes, this is a prominent question lately. I've actually played Tinker for a very long time, and he's always been one of my favorite heroes throughout my Dota career. I started playing him about 6 months into my Dota career. I used to think that 4-4-0-0 (at level 8) was the best build, so often I either snowballed my way to victory, or had slow farm. Now I think the best builds involve maxing March first. The hero has just always been fun to me. The thing I think is funny is that not much has changed about him before this patch. They were mainly minor things that changed, people just started noticing him. I was always a big fan of going Scythe after Blink, and usually a permanent disable does wreck people. Like I said though, people are just now starting to notice how strong a hero he is, when one or two patches ago, people though he was pretty weak.

inkls: Hylian7 and Bone7. Mere coincidence or blood relatives? Whats the meaning of the 7?

Hylian7: No correlation with Bone7 at all. The 7 was just my favorite number when I made this name a long long time ago. I actually made it for the Nintendo's official Zelda forum when I was like 12, and just stuck with it as it was my identity on the internet. Later on I was tired of having a number in my name, so mostly everywhere else except GAF, I've changed it to HylianSeven, keeping the same identity still.

inkls: Favourite play of the 1v1 tourney? Did you expect to reach the finals?

Hylian7: Probably my favorite play of the 1v1 tourney was in Round 2 of the finals, against Demoli. I was having a rough time playing on the Luxembourg server, and so last hitting was quite hard for me. I knew he was far ahead of me in CS since I was missing so many of them. About 7-8 minutes in I started getting desperate. No kills happened yet, so I had to make something happen to win it. I got a haste rune, and decided I had to dive him, Razes could do the job mainly. I dived, got a raze or two on him. He juked me in the trees, and I backed out. I had about half haste rune time left, so I decided to go in again. This time I managed to guess the juke, and got him with a Raze picking up the first blood. With no time to recover, we both knew that round was over.

Honestly, the main person I was worried about showing up was 1.09, and possibly the anonymous person if they were someone of that tier as well. 1.09 was a no-show, lucky for me. I didn't expect to reach the finals if he was in the tournament. Since he didn't show up though, I thought my chances were about 50/50.

inkls: Will you be participating or sponsoring the ihl2?

Hylian7 I'd absolutely love to do both for IHL2, if Milkman ever has it. :/

High Bracket Winner Demoli

inkls: You won the finals of the high-tier 1v1 tourney against Hylian7. How does it feel? Any comments, shoutouts or trashtalk you'd like to say?

Demoli: During all the games I felt I had a considerable CS advantage, even in the us server, which i thought I'd be destroyed in. In the second round I lost due to essentially an overextension into tower range with eld to unforutunate situations. Hilyan may have picked up the CS when he got razes, but early game I always felt like I had the lead.

inkls: The entire bo3 were played using shadowfiend, a hero very rarely seen in the 1v1 scene, do you think we're seeing the rise of a new 1v1 shadowfiend meta? (note: i intended this as a joke to start with but thank you for your serious answer).

Demoli: Well, if you jsut queue 1v1 you are bound to get increadibly strong laners that may not scale the best. Stuff like Axe, Venomancer, Pugna and Bane are all heroes that do well in 1v1 when agaisnt different heroes (no mirror match). If it's a mirror match, I feel like SF is the best hero to measure player skill though.

inkls: A member of the guidos team ended in 2nd place in the mid-tier tourney. Can we expect a team reshuffle in the future? Is team guidos going to disband?

Demoli: I can't speak for my entire team, but we have already kinda reshuffled twice. Once for Travdood's and once for Giantbomb's. Me and G.ZZZ were always on the team, and I think most if not all of the 5 originals were on Travdood's aswell. We had a disapointing show at Travdood's tournment, but we are in current good shape for Giantbomb's we feel. Although no reshuffle is planned, who knows? Razzer may have not had first place, but had a good show anI'm happy for him.

inkls: Any favourite plays during the finals?

Demoli: I liked juking Hilyan behind by T1 in game one, even if I did eventually die on his second attempt.

inkls: Will team guidos also enter into the ihl2? Or is the dream dead?

Demoli: I can't speak for the whole team, but I definatly want to, be it with them or with a new team altoghether. No dream is unreachable unless that dream is getting 4k mmr in that case you're out of luck.

Winner of mid-tier TUSR

inkls: First off congratulations on winning the mid-tier 1v1 tourney, how does it feel? Any shoutouts you'd like to make?

TUSR: Thanks for that, it definitely felt good to even be a part of the tournament the whole day was a lot of fun. I'd like to give a shout out to Hylian7 who taught me Shadow Fiend the morning of the tournament, Shira for organizing the event, and bounchfx for providing some really nice genuine prizes.

inkls: During the finals you and your opponents realized voice chat worked between the two of you, how big of a psychological advantage do you think it gave you since you had the better trashtalk?

TUSR: I knew that voice chat worked before hand when Hylian and I played in the morning, I was surprised there wasn't a lot of trashtalk between people. I know for myself I haven't played with or against anyone in the tournament so there might have been some cold feet to come across as a dick over the mic. I heard that the spectators enjoyed our small trashtalk.

inkls: You kind of tried to dodge the "whos the best waifu" question during our live interview at the beginner tier finals, but here at the canuck's cast we pride ourselves with hard hitting journalism. So again, who's the best dota waifu? (we leeg now)

TUSR: The reason I completely dodged the question during the cast was I thought you were asking me who was #1 waifu outside of DotA 2 included. Windrunner is obviously my #1 choice, you could see that from my first game in the finals. Although she has her short comings I really enjoy playing her. Special shout outs to TA for being a top tier waifu though. I heard she has a lot of fans.

inkls: Who was your favourite 1v1 hero and why didn't you buy a dagon on him/her?

TUSR: I sort of already answered this, woops. Im familiar with WR's Powershot and her auto attack, in a mirror match up I didn't see myself losing this if it came down to CS, especially considering we were playing on USWest at the time. If we were on the Lux servers it might have been a different game like what we saw with the Mirana420noscopearrows. I don't think I have ever built a dagon on WR, it would have been a great pickup. Maybe next time we will see some surprises.

inkls: Would you be up for being part of the Canuck's Cast when the ihl2 happens (who am i kidding)?

TUSR: Yeah I definitely would join in, I said earlier in guild chat that my favourite part of the tournament was being part of the Canucks Cast and wish that I could have heard it while in game. Im a BC boy who grew up loving the Canucks and Tim Hortons so I think I would bring a lot to the table.

Hopefully we get an IHL2 before the end of the year, I don't even have a team to play on for it but it would be good to have more community events.

Winner of the beginner tier Kioshen

inkls: So you're the winner of the 1v1 beginner tier bracket. How does it feel? Any shoutouts?

Kioshen: Shoutouts to Shira for organizing this tournament, any items sponsors that got involved like bouchfx, the canuckscast crew and every player that stepped up to the challenge.

inkls: You won the final match with TA mid what was the reasoning behind your choice and why didnt you rush dagon?

Kioshen: It's character that I like as a whole but currently lack the mechanical experience and knowledge to use to it's fullest. I've tried her against bots but never against live competition. Since I was one round ahead in the Bo3, I took a chance to learn as a trial by fire and it payed off.

I didn't rush Dagon because I was rushing a Divine Rapier but ran out of time.

inkls: Favourite play during the tourney?

Kioshen: I got two. First one is when I threw caution to the wind and exchanged shot per shot up on the hill to barely kill DP and win my Bo3. I was glad that I had a full bottle in the end. Second one is that sneaky arrow by Razzer shot from the blind spot in the north forest of the dire T1.

inkls: Will you be defending your title in the next 1v1 gaf tourney?

Kioshen: Of course ! I don't think however that i'll meet the requirements for the beginner section next time so I'll try aim for the top of the mid tier. Watch out TUSR xD.

inkls: Any shoutouts? Trashtalk? Players to report?

Kioshen: Shoutout to Firehead for entering the tournament and being a good sport. Shoutout again to Shira for organizing this and taking the time to give small tips during our skirmishes.

Kioshen

Thanks to Bounchfx I'm now a proud owner of a mythical Genuine Oculopus spewing black ink everywhere. This is going to look great right beside my Redpaw !

TUSR

Banned
Demoli: I can't speak for my entire team, but we have already kinda reshuffled twice. Once for Travdood's and once for Giantbomb's. Me and G.ZZZ were always on the team, and I think most if not all of the 5 originals were on Travdood's aswell. We had a disapointing show at Travdood's tournment, but we are in current good shape for Giantbomb's we feel. Although no reshuffle is planned, who knows? Razzer may have not had first place, but had a good show anI'm happy for him.

confirmed joining Guidos

Kioshen: Of course ! I don't think however that i'll meet the requirements for the beginner section next time so I'll try aim for the top of the mid tier. Watch out TUSR xD.

youre done

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Unstuck function for ARAM works, now any hero can be picked, because if you try to get into an invalid spot then a Dummy unit casts glimpse on you and BACK YOU GO!

Ok, does anyone have a quick list of rules from Lol ARAM? Higher mana regen should be easy, I turned off the fountain already, what level do you start at? Screw that reduced healing rule.

Top Bottom