• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Ketch

Pretty retarded Valve thought they could even get away with it in the first place.

With the ridiculous amount of money they've made so far how could they even begin to comprehend what people's reaction to anything is going to be anymore?

"What level should we make the rain thing?"

"I don't know.... 120?"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kvk1

Moonlight effect has these intermittent beams flying horizontally across the map.

I keep freaking out thinking it's a Sacred Arrow coming out of somewhere.

The Mirana PTSD is real.

Zeth

First they looked really unfinished - now he has all or most of the textures filled in and it looks pretty good. edit: animations too

Acinixys

MqEBiEU.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Seeing as all the weather effects are Genuine, I'd guess that normal version will be available after TI. I wonder if they'll add more.

Probably. Sunbeams, hail, maybe even something more intensive like cloud shadows or wind effects.

Razzer

So the available teams are:

Alliance
Titan
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
Liquid
MVP - taken by Steve
VP

Just a reminder. Cmon people, you know you want to.

Alliance
Titan
EG
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
Liquid
MVP - taken by Steve
VP

I will do EG

Is there a specific format we need to follow?

Okay so back on track for actual patch stuff:

Broadcaster Updates
A new slot has been tagged as "Recommended for New Players" in which casters who will analyze the game in a newbie friendly way will be present. This is most likely going to be used at TI4 to help non-Dota players understand the game better.
That's neat! Maybe that's what draskyl was going to get stuck on and didn't want it.

Signatures
Player Signatures seem like they're going to be a part of crates this time. You can browse through them or add an official signature to your crate itself.

fun i guess

probably part of that pro update coming soon

soon tm

i also hope the effects on techies leave craters

Zeth

Alliance
Titan
EG
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
Liquid
MVP - taken by Steve
VP

What is this? Team description duties?

ksan

I don't know if it's enough to make up for losing "do not run, we are your friends!", but I <3 that they have a couple of CS references on techies.

Anilusion

Alliance
Titan
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
Liquid
MVP - taken by Steve
VP

Whats this for?

nvm

Razzer

What's the diretide fiasco? I was on a break from dota during diretide and quite interested in this story.

&#3900;&#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388; GIVE DIRETIDE&#3900; &#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388;

So much &#3900;&#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388; GIVE DIRETIDE&#3900; &#12388; &#9685;_&#9685; &#3901;&#12388;

Also, Cyborgmatt got death threats from idiots who think he works for Valve

What's the diretide fiasco? I was on a break from dota during diretide and quite interested in this story.

a quick overview of events can be found here... The car maker Volvo getting drug into everything was the funniest thing of the entire up rising lol

Followed by a blog post from Valve apologizing for the whole thing. here

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How the hell do you play Ember Spirit? He needs carry level farm do do any goddamn damage, but he's meant to be played like a ganker or some shit?

shira

I will do EG

Is there a specific format we need to follow?

For TI4 OP?

I would write it so that a casual dota fan can comprehend it with as little jargon as possible since it's going in Gaming:
- Introduce each player and their common role
- team philosophy, playstyle, past achievements
- Outlook for TI4
- typically in an e-sports OT there is nothing, so don't over do it
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617796
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=751667
- a succinct paragraph or 3 should be fine, if you write way too much nobody is going to read it.
The world cup OT is a pretty good template.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=833362

Ketch

How the hell do you play Ember Spirit? He needs carry level farm do do any goddamn damage, but he's meant to be played like a ganker or some shit?

If you're mid you probably want bottle, phase and then max flame guard for a free radiance + personal pipe at lvl 7.... get any rune then gank a lane where your teammates have a stun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Hit 6 -> Super aggression -> Hope you got enough kills to offset how fast his damage drops past level 16.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Your skills at 7-9 are terrifying and so is your mobility and catch with Phase, Remnant, SoF -> Chains. FG is terrifying DPS when used at the correct time.

Free Rune control at level 6 lets you win mid or gank a lane for free.

If you don't gank well just flash farm with FG/Chains (Hard Camp)/Lane, Remnant, TP, bottle regen cast FG, go to remnant and farm while watching the map and rotating for counter ganks and securing runes.

You farm and push waves quickly while being nearly uncatchable (Always have remnant up if they are off map or you are pushing a T2 lane) if you have good reactions and they don't have blink hex/insta silence.

Bottle -> Boots / TP -> Phase -> Drums if you are doing ok (Helps for mid game chase kills and mana to chase) -> Deso / BF / Crit (Depending on their heroes and state of the game).

Top Bottom