• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Hylian7

Your farm probably sucks and you aren't shutting down the heroes you need to shut down with team coordination enough.
If you aren't winning you clearly are not applying what you've skimmed through. Watch some top MMR Storm games, go through Juice's replay pack as he stomps 3-4k with Storm.

I was actually talking to someone about it. I've noticed I do better on Storm when I'm stacked with 4-5 people. This is because the hero is so damn team reliant early and can only really pick of squishies solo. I farm well, and usually gank, but then they have some silence or doom or something that shuts me down most of the time. With coordination I usually do better.

Aselith

Ummm so I'm level 50 compendium and I got all the weather effects. There are 3 right? I got Moonbeam, Rain and Snow

5C3C7C95E759FBE948836530C61C221471A494EA

Lotto

I hope that isn't Techies' final color palette. I prefer the green color he had in the concept art more :(

Why does Valve even try to pull off that bullshit in the first place?

Experimentation. We're all just guinea pigs. It's alright though, I'm a pretty happy guinea pig most of the time and things usually sort out for the better with Valve.

Radec

Ah they changed it, huh? BASED VALVE

Should have been available to all compendium owners regardless of level in the first place.

Not level 120 for the a fucking rain effect while they just got like $30million easy cash.

fucking valve trying to test how much they can milk compendium.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was under the assumption that all of the money that was funded through the compendium goes to the prize pool. Did I not understand that right?

manfestival

honestly, I hated the tribunal since its inception but I think its because im much more rude than the average player. I think ive been banned 6 times and muted once from league and for the dumbest things

Jex

I don't think it's too surprising. Valve have mad bank off the Compedium and people expect to get their rewards.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The tribunal is actually down. They're reworking it. This is leading to some...interesting games. Lots of racist chat and intentional feeding.

Is feeding and racist chat really that prolific in League or is it just people going crazy cause the rod got shipped off for fixing?

Radec

so wait was weather supposed to be level 120 reward only or something? Then valve was like nah and gave it to all owners?

There's no indication that weather effects will have compendium lvl requirements, then earlier today the Rain effect has the level 120 requirement.

People complained, valve removed the lvl req.

Like i side, it shouldn't have any lvl req. to begin with.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so wait was weather supposed to be level 120 reward only or something? Then valve was like nah and gave it to all owners?

You got Snow for Owning the Compendium, Moonbeams at 65, and Rain at 120. People got mad that they potentially had to pay/grind out more for something they felt was promissed, and Valve decided they didn't feel like dealing with that shit and just gave them to all Compendium owners.

I wonder how far down the line until we will get user submitted weather effects. I could see cool stuff like "Sand Storm" and likely something that adds lava everywhere.

dmshaposv

Typical Valve move, just checking how they can push people. At least they responded quickly.

Yeah. Honestly I think it was kind of a dick move on their part even if they did respond back quickly.

The community has literally been throwing money at the screen, so why be greedy? especially since no mention of compendium level to unlock the said feature was never stated.

Kreunt

Banned
Valve should've left the level requirement in, you scumbag level 1 compendium plebs don't deserve the same rewards as us with superior compendiums.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tiny will be getting a custom tree soon, a "Dryad Tree". Also, it looks like Morphling is getting like a cosmetic Ethereal Blade.

Oh, and Community Sparkle may actually work now. Bounch, do your items are sparkle now?

Also, they took off the sunglasses from the NP Emoticon.

One more thing. Pudgling courier drops. Take that Ned, item added to the drop pool.

Nymerio

My friend loves to play Axe, what's a hero that's good in a dual lane with him? We tried Shadow Shaman + Axe and did crazy good in the first game, but in the second game we had a Sniper/Spirit Breaker lane against us where we didn't do that well. I prioritized Ether Shock and Shackles in both games but I think it may have been the wrong decision in the second game. I'm thinking about trying out Lion or Lina. Finger or Laguna Blade into Culling Blade sounds pretty nice.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My friend loves to play Axe, what's a hero that's good in a dual lane with him? We tried Shadow Shaman + Axe and did crazy good in the first game, but in the second game we had a Sniper/Spirit Breaker lane against us where we didn't do that well. I prioritized Ether Shock and Shackles in both games but I think it may have been the wrong decision in the second game. I'm thinking about trying out Lion or Lina. Finger or Laguna Blade into Culling Blade sounds pretty nice.

If you just want to have an EZ lane with infinite harass and creep clear try KotL. Have your buddy max battle hunger and spam it on their heroes. Blast horses at their creeps and counter helix and you should have their tower real fast. If you wanna creep skip get some burst heal like Legion Commander with her W or Abaddon with shield and mist coil. I played an Axe game with a support LC one time creep skipping and had a 5 minute blink. Fithiest game of Dota I ever played.

Skywrath Mage is a very fun lane with Axe.

Acinixys

Axe + Undying offlane is brutal to deal with
Axe + Tree offlane is even worse

elyetis

So how soon for Techies? Like this week or like a month?
After TI4 before half-life 3.

Some nice voice line btw.

Won't even comment about what happened with the rain effect, at least the reaction was quick which is always commendable, even more so from Valve.

ksan

haly drank one rekorderlig too much?

he died doing what he liked though, sometimes u gotta fight for what u believe in

Top Bottom