• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Haly your avatar is one of the wolves of Icewrack, right?

Yes.
506x480.resizedimage

Bristleback is fucking hilarious. Why haven't I played this hero more before.

Had to buy courier because All Random gave a pretty silly team comp, and ended up having to solo offlane against a Jakiro/Undying/Medusa trilane. Got pushed around for a couple of levels, snuck enough last hits in from quills to get a magic wand, and got forced back to base from Jakiro harassment at level 6 after depleting all my regen.

At base, I see that Undying tp-ed to help top after seeing how badly I was getting manhandled, so I immediately tp back to my lane and end up double killing jakiro and medusa since they pushed right to my tower and jakiro missed his ice path when I chased.

Undying did give me problems all game, though. His Q hurts a lot and tombstone zombies kept getting in my way and not letting me chase.

I have no idea what items Techies would typically buy. The whole 'dick around the map planting mines' thing makes me think Tranquils/Soul Ring would work but apart from that I'm lost.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Depends on if you're just going to be laying mines while AFK or if you're going Combat techies, which needs a bucket load of HP and mana regen. Then again that's all he needs to do his job. So, mana regen, he's a real mana hog.

If you want to be really cute though, mobility to setup Suicides. Euls is great on him.

inkls

I have no idea what items Techies would typically buy. The whole 'dick around the map planting mines' thing makes me think Tranquils/Soul Ring would work but apart from that I'm lost.

Depends on if you're just going to be laying mines while AFK or if you're going Combat techies, which needs a bucket load of HP and mana regen. Then again that's all he needs to do his job. So, mana regen, he's a real mana hog.

If you want to be really cute though, mobility to setup Suicides. Euls is great on him.

aghs seems like a good place to start.

Aselith

stop feeding noob :kappa:

So, assuming you buy the points in the DOTA 2 Store instead of the market...is it like $40 to get over lvl 120?

best way to get points is the new summer chests. go for about .40 and give you 200 compendium points each. Means it's about $2.00 per 10 levels. $24 to level 120 from 1.

Edit; Well, nm, they're up to .80 now.

Shengar

What happened to Haly?
aghs seems like a good place to start.

Aghanim is a must have I think. While in pub it's not guaranteed for every oppossing team to bought gem just to counter you, Aghanim still provides flexibility to Techies role from the cast range increase. Not only that, the damage also significantly boosted that is crucial for active Techies.

I wonder if they viable for pro scene. I really want to see some pro player took them seriously in tournament.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
RIP Haly
Archie w/e

Euls on Techies. Alternatively BATTLETECHIES. I'm sure Jerax will figure him out in less than a week, a NoobfromUA video will be put out, a Na'Vi MAGIC TIPS with techies exploits will be put out, and then everyone will go off to feed.

I'll be picking NP and walking treants everywhere, fuck techies.

Kard8p3

IDK if this happens every time since patch but rosh's aegis was an SnY in my game. Still revived the holder when he died, and idk if it actually gave any stat boosts or not, didnt think to look bc im dumb.

manfestival

Haly kinda deserved it. Fortunately, I love both league and dota 2(despite not having played league in some time since im so busy with warframe and dota 2). Its really annoying to see a fan of either fanbase trashing the games. Both are great games that offer different experiences in the same genre

Hylian7

HIk4l2Z.png

For better perspective than one page of games.

I feel like there's some fundamental thing I do wrong with him but I have no goddamn idea what it is. I've read guides, watched videos, go the right skill build, get the right items, and yet I am still doing something wrong.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
HIk4l2Z.png

For better perspective than one page of games.

I feel like there's some fundamental thing I do wrong with him but I have no goddamn idea what it is. I've read guides, watched videos, go the right skill build, get the right items, and yet I am still doing something wrong.
Your farm probably sucks and you aren't shutting down the heroes you need to shut down with team coordination enough.
If you aren't winning you clearly are not applying what you've skimmed through. Watch some top MMR Storm games, go through Juice's replay pack as he stomps 3-4k with Storm.

Top Bottom