• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I went TA safelane vs a shadow shaman and kunkka, i got destroyed. At the end i was underleved and underfarmed and fed like 11 kills, i think TA has to mid she needs the levels.

IceMarker

This looked way better with the glasses.

iRkbPSZ.gif

Mod it back Matt!

boosh5

Banned
I went TA safelane vs a shadow shaman and kunkka, i got destroyed. At the end i was underleved and underfarmed and fed like 11 kills, i think TA has to mid she needs the levels.

I've never had much luck with TA outside of mid. I feel like the early level advantage and early ganks are key with her if you are going to snowball and have a good match. She's my favorite hero, but I won't pick her if my team already has a mid.

Hylian7

I wonder how much future Weather Effects are going to cost. Like, is Valve going to charge $20 for Sandstorm?

Darude would need his royalties.

It shouldn't have even be tried in the first place.

It's the thought that counts. You already have millions. You have 1 billion hats on the market, you charge for loading screens and you still want to charge people for something that you told them they would get for their first payment?

I'm sorry but you can't give companies a free pass for trying to fuck consumers.

Yes they fixed it but ONLY because everyone raged at it. If people didn't say anything, they would have happily gone through with it.

I'm not giving them a "free pass". They fixed their mistake, now let's all move on. A lot of other companies would say " tough shit" in a situation like that. Is Valve some shining beacon of hope for fixing this? No, but it still was the right thing to do.

Also, how is this different from $35 Arcanas.

Enco

Darude would need his royalties.

I'm not giving them a "free pass". They fixed their mistake, now let's all move on. A lot of other companies would say " tough shit" in a situation like that. Is Valve some shining beacon of hope for fixing this? No, but it still was the right thing to do.

Also, how is this different from $35 Arcanas.
$35 arcanas are a whole different argument.

I paid for a compendium that told me I was getting weather effects. They then tell me I have to pay $50 in compendium points to get what I had originally paid for? Nope.

But yea, good thing they sorted it. Hopefully they don't try pull this stunt in the future because it's not on.

Hylian7

$35 arcanas are a whole different argument.

I paid for a compendium that told me I was getting weather effects. They then tell me I have to pay $50 in compendium points to get what I had originally paid for? Nope.

But yea, good thing they sorted it. Hopefully they don't try pull this stunt in the future because it's not on.
You did get weather effects technically. Why didn't you make this argument when the immortals came out? You have to pay to be able to get all of them.

Regardless I imagine they learned their lesson and probably won't do that in the future.

Enco

You did get weather effects technically. Why didn't you make this argument when the immortals came out? You have to pay to be able to get all of them.

Regardless I imagine they learned their lesson and probably won't do that in the future.
I got some immortals. I wasn't expecting them all. That being said, I feel that this whole compendium is a bit of a mess.

Last year I feel it was a lot better. At least the items you got were actually worth something.

ViviOggi

I got some immortals. I wasn't expecting them all. That being said, I feel that this whole compendium is a bit of a mess.

Last year I feel it was a lot better. At least the items you got were actually worth something.
Disagree. People getting the shitty cauldron or Abaddon weapon got so salty that Valve had to upgrade them, and not without reason. Even though I like all of the 2014 immortals some are arguably less flashy than others, so if they were harder (read: more expensive) to obtain many people would still get burned when trading for the ones they want. This year's system is vastly superior to last year's roulette.

dmshaposv

I really want snaggletooth. I would say that one of my favorite couriers is the red moon one of the gama brothers.

Also is it me or is butch > mini poodge

sold my mini pudge. ugly ass courier and the hook upgrade is just as ugly.

The butch one is a more inspired take on a "pudge-themed" courier than literally making a mini pudge courier catered towards dendi-wannabe russian pub pudges. Hard to believe valve spent 4 weeks post the immortals to make this crap.

Hylian7

The butch one is a more inspired take on a "pudge-themed" courier than literally making a mini pudge courier catered towards dendi-wannabe russian pub pudges. Hard to believe valve spent 4 weeks post the immortals to make this crap.
It's unlikely the Pudges will buy their team's courier anyway.

Enco

Disagree. People getting the shitty cauldron or Abaddon weapon got so salty that Valve had to upgrade them, and not without reason. Even though I like all of the 2014 immortals some are arguably less flashy than others, so if they were harder (read: more expensive) to obtain many people would still get burned when trading for the ones they want. This year's system is vastly superior to last year's roulette.

Yea good point. I got lucky with the Pudge Hook.

That being said, everything this year (as far as I'm aware) is pretty much worthless on the market. A lot of the items also look pretty bad.

Ah well. My only real issue was with the weather stuff but that's all sorted now.

dmshaposv

13222-hlmv+2014-07-01+16-18-14-18.gif

So this clokwerk item might be the most rarest item in dota. People literally selling this for over $600 at trading sites.

As an immortal, we don't even know if it has any special icons, special effects (customcogs/rocket/e.t.c). from the looks of it seems like it is incomplete. Why would anyone care about getting this?

I do like the design of it and the cog as a mohawk, but the 0.50 cent immortals available in the market that have a myriad of effects/gems/custom icons on them which this doesnt.

So this clokwerk item might be the most rarest item in dota. People literally selling this for over $600 at trading sites.

As an immortal, we don't even know if it has any special icons, special effects (customcogs/rocket/e.t.c). from the looks of it seems like it is incomplete. Why would anyone care about getting this?

I do like the design of it and the cog as a mohawk, but the 0.50 cent immortals available in the market that have a myriad of effects/gems/custom icons on them which this doesnt.
They care about it because of the item's worth.

Supply and demand

shira

13222-hlmv+2014-07-01+16-18-14-18gif

It's rare, but its not on a glamorous hero. They could easily upgrade it wyk cliamed it was wip.
http://dotahatstats.com/test_site/table2.php?IDNum=51
http://dota2.stats.tf/item/6823/Eternal_Machine_Head

Hey Matt!...regarding the TI4 items that will only be probably exclusive to the dota 2 secret shop or when u go to Seattle for TI4,

hopefully there's a chest that we can buy for us viewers that can't go too ;_; we'd love to get those items too

Mohasus

Only one win to complete the favorite hero challenge. 9W 3L so far. Ez gaem. :^)

Ironically, I lost with a 11min BF and won with 29min BF.

edit: complete, 10W 3L. I don't want to play as magina ever again.

That mini pudge was in the files for literally years. That was some interns clean up job.

Gofu

Banned
Let me try a different approach then.

Say Milkman, Anbokr, Haly, Procarbine, and BZM went up against C9. It would actually be a fight for them, and there would be a very real possibility of GAF team losing. If C9 won, does that make GAF team bad?

The point is C9 isn't bad per se, just not the best of the best obviously. The same goes for any sports team. The Houston Astros or Cleveland Browns aren't terrible, just at the bottom of their leagues.

ur actually retarded

manfestival

Last night I experienced my first game as rubick (out of like the 6 games ive played him) and actually felt like a threat the entire game. Am I finally moving on up?

ksan

Goku too?
http://www.frumsatire.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pour-one-out-for-the-hommies.jpg[IMG]

'murica either stupid lucky or belgium don't want to win.[/QUOTE]

Howard's back is breaking from carrying so hard, wat a player

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are ~260 of those clock heads. What's worse is collectors are keeping them in the box. They are the single rarest distributed hero item in the game right now, rarer then any single alpine ursa part. You will likely never see one in game, all the ones I know of are owned by collectors.

There are a few hero items technically rarer, but they are ether untradeable self mades, or haven't been formerly released like the perfect world anti mage set

Top Bottom