• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

TUSR

Banned
Thanks, but not this year. Don't have the budget.

I couldn't get all the time off work, so ive been debating on flying down and getting the ticket and some stuff and flying back.
sad.gif

dmshaposv

Amazing stuff by the community and valve. The new immortals looks interesting ( i see stuff for undying and enigma? Hype!) and the shirts are super cool.

Estimated damage: $350.

On Moonmeander's stream you can watch a decently high level team match right now with the full skype call being broadcast - I usually find that interesting. nvm - 5 min gg - also hontrash

Tuned in just long enough to see him ramble about the super smart Jews and how they're conspiring to control the world and how China would have bombed us by now if we didn't owe them money.

no thanks. fuck that loser.

Kade

Ayo someone who's going should buy me some stuff because it'll be cheaper than going through the Valve store and their super expensive shipping to Canada. I'll pay you of course.

Razzer

I'm not a great teacher, but if you are Euro I would be willing. Was a little caught in TI4 hype earlier. speaking of, if you are just starting, you should check out the beginner stream mentioned in the blog post. No better way to be introduced to Dota than the best tourney in the world.

That's asking a lot. There are a plethora of resources we can direct you towards, however.

I look forward to shaking your hand again, good sir.

It's not that I can't read resources. It's just that I don't want an entire team shitting on me as I learn. If I have to deal with that, then I'd rather just learn a game with a decent community. *shrug*

Also, I'd be on the North American servers, I guess.

inkls

There are servers? I haven't even loaded the game up. Still downloading it, though it will only take another 1/2 hour or so.

Well, from your profile, you'll probably be US east or US west. So its k. added you, steam id same as gaf id. Game also has voice chat so skype might not be required.

Razzer

It's not that I can't read resources. It's just that I don't want an entire team shitting on me as I learn. If I have to deal with that, then I'd rather just learn a game with a decent community. *shrug*

It's not gonna be all 4 of them every game, that is an exaggeration. And if it ever does happen, just mute mute mute.

dmshaposv

New immortals i see:

Razor head
Undying tombstone
Mini doom courier
Shaman goat stick
Earthshaker totem

Luck vessel items:

Morphling e blade
Tiny tree hand
Drow mask of madness
Brewmaster eagle cask
Enigma new eidolon

It's very difficult for an experienced person to give tips to a completely new person because you're making 100 mistakes and they can only tell you about 1 at a time and even with that one it can be too late once they tell you.

I would recommend reading and watching a few guides and then trying a few games on your own. If you have any specific questions or things you want to work on then we can help :)

Also, I'd be on the North American servers, I guess.

Queue up vs bots. You'll be fine. I've never heard anyone complain in vs bot matches. And that's the best place to learn the basics. Also what Steve said. We'd literally have to pause the game every second to explain issues and mistakes. Best way to learn Dotes is by playing, then reading/watching a guide, then playing some more. And repeating.

For me, sticking with one hero for an extended period of time helped me understand how that hero worked, how it worked against other heroes, and how all of the meta stuff going on around me worked. YMMV. Everyone does it a different way.

inkls

It's very difficult for an experienced person to give tips to a completely new person because you're making 100 mistakes and they can only tell you about 1 at a time and even with that one it can be too late once they tell you.

I would recommend reading and watching a few guides and then trying a few games on your own. If you have any specific questions or things you want to work on then we can help :)

The dota 2 reddit has a handy list of starter guides too: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/wiki/faq#wiki_what_are_some_basic_tips_when_starting_to_play.3F

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Just got a gem of some kind in game. Dormant Compendium Gem?

edit: Fuckkkk, Timberthaw is a rare drop from the chest.

Alliance chest key is 3.99

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I generally don't like merch, but the Tiny fig is probably the only thing I would buy and the Rival is a legit good mouse (but I'm not paying $70, I'll get it for like $40 later).

Depending on how rare some items / unlocks will be I might pickup some more stuff just because it might be like half price after unlocks sell...
DV GUIDE ME
Haz, where we goin to eat, bro.
Morning = Biscuit Bitch or elsewhere

Maybe we can just do a group food delivery service so we can all eat awesome food and not have to go anywhere?

Shit I need swim trunks for the hot tub too.
Pixel one is ugly and the other is a smashing of color.

Someone else asked me tonight about meetups, I don't know anything about any. We can try and wing it or we can try and organize something it's up to you guys. Thoughts?

Bounch said there would be a red moon meet up, probably on Sat.

I said Arab and I will most likely be wandering drunk around the city and anyone is welcome to join us.

Maybe we can just do a group food delivery service so we can all eat awesome food and not have to go anywhere?

there is a delivery service for cough cough other stuff too

but i dunno who wants to go in on that

I generally don't like merch, but the Tiny fig is probably the only thing I would buy and the Rival is a legit good mouse (but I'm not paying $70, I'll get it for like $40 later).

Depending on how rare some items / unlocks will be I might pickup some more stuff just because it might be like half price after unlocks sell...
DV GUIDE ME

Sounds good. And I shall guide you, my son. Worry not.

What is this huge update?

Probably all of the shop items. Last year they pushed out their last major update a couple of weeks before TI3 and were basically silent on any more updates for a few weeks after TI3. AKA, everything in that brochure is in the game now.

Razzer

Whilst everyone is in hype mode, a reminder that you to can help generate more of the hype! Make our TI4 thread OP as glorious as it can be with funny and insightful profiles for your fave teams.

So the available teams for the team descriptions are:

Alliance - taken by Demoli
Titan - taken by close to the edge
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
MVP - taken by Steve

Format: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118828241&postcount=1641

Nine left. Three days to get it done (well, that isn't strict but it would be nice). I know you want to people.

Top Bottom