• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

Like I said, things are insane this year.
laugh.gif
Underwhelmed. . . completely
A lot of that stuff is bad.

I'm glad they corralled the prices and limited items to 5 each. I don't think anybody is making $10k-40k selling items this year.

I can already see a lot of things selling out. Plushies first, t-shirts probably last.

Shagbark cheaper at thinkgeek
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1e2d/?srp=1

What shirt to get? I'd like one that isn't quite screaming VIDEO GAME, or is black.

Yeah I don't know why they didn't go back to the tide and dolfrat polos. Those were so stealth geek.

Ketch

Great, I take a 1 month break and now I'm really far behind on everything *sigh*

I guess I'm still in time to catch everything TI4

I've also taken a pretty big chunk of time off. We should do some more morning 1v1s, in the official mode now!

Also, Kirby... Where are you seeing those sets? Post some pics pls.

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/756851955

Sand King here truly lived up to his name when Tiny took one measly creep from his jungle, and started to FEED INTENTIONALLY. The entire team thought we were screwed, PA said if we somehow win this she would "cut her dick".

I looked up at them and I said "No." "WE WILL WIN THIS GODDAMN GAME, EVEN IF IT MEANS DRAGGING SK'S SCORPION TAIL TO THE ENEMY ANCIENT!" I farmed, rotated, did my job, we got caught up, then SK decided to be slightly useful eventually, when he saw we could somehow win this even with his feeding. We were able to win the game. It was glorious, but most of all MIRACLES ARE REAL.

For the new page.

Whilst everyone is in hype mode, a reminder that you too can help generate more of the hype! Make our TI4 thread OP as glorious as it can be with funny and insightful profiles for your fave teams.

So the available teams for the team descriptions are:

Alliance - taken by Demoli
Titan - taken by close to the edge
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU - taken by Heavy's Sandvich
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
MVP - taken by Steve

Format: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118828241&postcount=1641

Eight left. Three days to get it done (well, that isn't strict but it would be nice). I know you want to people.

dUCpEPl.png

Players: BurNing, Mushi, iceiceice, LaNm, MMY! (X!!)
10483410_800223393335175_55296684_n.jpg

Recent results:
1st – ECL 2014
2nd – The Summit 2014
2nd – WPC ACE Dota 2 League 2014
1st – StarLadder Season 9
1st – G-League 2013
1st – WPC ACE Dota 2 League 2013

Signature Heroes:
BurNing:
NItd5bS.png
nrfoCF1.png

Mushi:
Yf6aZLj.png
kRpmDC5.png

iceiceice:
3C2OXH8.png
QfZQVbB.png

LaNm:
hapnpeZ.png
lzXEhAk.png

MMY!:
A0ziLVB.png
VydXq3H.png

General description:
DK returns to Seattle this year after an arguably disappointing performance at TI3. BurNing (a legendary carry player) kicked all of his teammates except fore MMY! and recruited what many called a dream team. Mushi, IceIceIce, and LaNm were all stars of their previous team (Mushi was considered the MVP of TI3, LaNm showed an amazing carry tiny game, IceIceIce was the solo champion) and have transitioned into their roles smoothly. Their biggest strength has been their flexibility in drafting and individual technical skill. With such experienced players, DK has been able to show that they are able to run unique drafts time after time. After dominating through the competition in late 2013, their hot streak seems to have cooled a bit after their loss to EG in the Summit and their recent results against Newbee. However, DK is coming to TI4 this year with nothing less than first place as their expected place. The Dota Kings are here to claim their throne.

Is this too many pictures? Any feedback on representing Team DK?

I've also taken a pretty big chunk of time off. We should do some more morning 1v1s, in the official mode now!

Also, Kirby... Where are you seeing those sets? Post some pics pls.

Sure, I'll need the practice. That is if I can find the time, I'm still busy with real life stuff.

Atlantis

It seems they just put in the "rank 3" version and didn't bother with the other 2, but they kept the alternative colors.

Oh, that's a shame. I think the Rank 3 is a little too busy so I was going to mix and match to get something I could enjoy.

I'll have to pass then.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://dotabuff.com/matches/756851955

Sand King here truly lived up to his name when Tiny took one measly creep from his jungle, and started to FEED INTENTIONALLY. The entire team thought we were screwed, PA said if we somehow win this she would "cut her dick".

I looked up at them and I said "No." "WE WILL WIN THIS GODDAMN GAME, EVEN IF IT MEANS DRAGGING SK'S SCORPION TAIL TO THE ENEMY ANCIENT!" I farmed, rotated, did my job, we got caught up, then SK decided to be slightly useful eventually, when he saw we could somehow win this even with his feeding. We were able to win the game. It was glorious, but most of all MIRACLES ARE REAL.
All you needed to do was kill Drow, really.
How do I deal with Omnislash? It's super annoying, I've died to it 6 times this game...
Stop walking where there are no things

For the new page.

Whilst everyone is in hype mode, a reminder that you too can help generate more of the hype! Make our TI4 thread OP as glorious as it can be with funny and insightful profiles for your fave teams.

So the available teams for the team descriptions are:

Alliance - taken by Demoli
Titan - taken by close to the edge
EG - taken by mastershake
Fnatic
NewBee
Vici
Navi EU - taken by Heavy's Sandvich
DK
IG - taken by Sanjay
C9 - I'm claiming dibs on this one.
Team Empire
Navi US
Arrow
LGD
Mouz - taken by ksan
MVP - taken by Steve

Format: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118828241&postcount=1641

Eight left. Three days to get it done (well, that isn't strict but it would be nice). I know you want to people.

I can do DK if you want.

shira

Is this too many pictures? Any feedback on representing Team DK?

Yes, sorry. The images are way too big. I'll probably switch them out for icons and crop them just so every team is the same size. Don't worry so much about images.

I can do DK if you want.
chiym1992 just finished a DK one. If you have anything to add, by all means.

I'm going to assume you can only buy the gear from the tournament?

Probably like last year. Most of the stuff is TI4 specific with the Valve store getting some, and J!nx, thinkgeek, and welovefine getting specific items. Maybe even international resellers might get some choice items???

Some of them even had better prices than Valve, like how Thinkgeek has a better price on the Shagbark plush.

Huh?

I'll look it up.

Omnislash picks a random target within a certain range after every slash. If you're all by yourself you're going to be taking 100% of the damage, but if you're in a creepwave or near your teammates there's a high chance that you won't be taking full damage.

Ghazi

Omnislash picks a random target within a certain range after every slash. If you're all by yourself you're going to be taking 100% of the damage, but if you're in a creepwave or near your teammates there's a high chance that you won't be taking full damage.

A majority of the time, Juggernaut was picking me off when I got back to base. However, there were various times when I was around a lot of players/creeps and I still took 300-500 damage. Good to know, though. It'll help a lot to keep that in mind. The biggest issue was that he was pretty overleveled. It does some pretty ridiculous damage at high speeds, even with lots of enemies around. Is it moreso likely to hit heroes than creeps?

I have a question about endgame, I don't really know what to do if I'm max level on my team (18) and the enemy team is full of around 21s. I had 2 deaths by the time we were around the back half of mid and then endgame, when the match actually ended I had 11. I flat out can't compete against the other heroes, which is why I backed off and started farming... but man, they hunt you down. Is that proper behavior, for that point in the match? It's frustrating that my teammates feed the opponents so much. This has been happening for a few games straight, as well as a match where 2 friends quit on my team :(

shira

A majority of the time, Juggernaut was picking me off when I got back to base. However, there were various times when I was around a lot of players/creeps and I still took 300-500 damage. Good to know, though. It'll help a lot to keep that in mind. The biggest issue was that he was pretty overleveled. It does some pretty ridiculous damage at high speeds, even with lots of enemies around. Is it moreso likely to hit heroes than creeps?

I have a question about endgame, I don't really know what to do if I'm max level on my team (18) and the enemy team is full of around 21s. I had 2 deaths by the time we were around the back half of mid and then endgame, when the match actually ended I had 11. I flat out can't compete against the other heroes, which is why I backed off and started farming... but man, they hunt you down. Is that proper behavior, for that point in the match? It's frustrating that my teammates feed the opponents so much. This has been happening for a few games straight, as well as a match where 2 friends quit on my team :(

Sadly yes. This is not a game for casuals. If you don't know wtf you are doing people take pride in making people rage quit.

Ghazi

Sadly yes. This is not a game for casuals. If you don't know wtf you are doing people take pride in making people rage quit.

Huh? I just realized the two friends thing was detailed poorly. I didn't know them, they were 2 friends that backed out together.

I'm playing alone.

Even then, I don't know wtf I'm doing and I'm managing to do better than my teammates. I don't feed, I pick enemy heroes off, and do what most support characters should. I'm in a good spot, people haven't gotten mad at me, yet.

Aselith

Of course. Letting an enemy farm freely is a good way to lose control of the match. Always aggresively put down a farmer at ANY point in the game.

soo about those TI4 Chest...will there be a chance that they will sell it at the shop too or something....i think this is a bit of kick for us that bought the Compendium and paid a lot it level it up ;_;

cuz these sets and items...are like even better than what we got lol

Ghazi

Of course. Letting an enemy farm freely is a good way to lose control of the match. Always aggresively put down a farmer at ANY point in the game.

I was asking if it was proper behavior for ME to back off and farm, I know that they'll kill me, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. I didn't want to feed them more, and perpetuate the snowball effect, but it's not like I can back off, either. Is there any better course of action I can take? I understand at that point my choices are limited.

In those situations you just have to ward up really well and do your best to turtle and make the other team come uphill. You'll want wards to be defensive, so points of access info your jungle and your jungle itself should be warded. Counterwarding so they can't just pick you off one by one is also extremely important. Farm as best you can and only fight with superior numbers or under your towers.

Ghazi

In those situations you just have to ward up really well and do your best to turtle and make the other team come uphill. You'll want wards to be defensive, so points of access info your jungle and your jungle itself should be warded. Counterwarding so they can't just pick you off one by one is also extremely important. Farm as best you can and only fight with superior numbers or under your towers.
I see, that makes sense. I haven't got to trying wards, but can they not be destroyed by enemies? How about jungling in general, is there a food guide for that?

Aselith

I was asking if it was proper behavior for ME to back off and farm, I know that they'll kill me, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. I didn't want to feed them more, and perpetuate the snowball effect, but it's not like I can back off, either. Is there any better course of action I can take? I understand at that point my choices are limited.

Just try your best to go where they can't see you at all. If they're warding your jungle, you can go to their jungle although it's dangerous but so is yours if they're warding it. If they don't ward your jungle, go to your jungle and do not come in view of the lane or go farm lane creeps as that will give you away. If you're really desperate jsut sit at your ancients and farm those if you can.

If you can get a creep wave just outside of your tower just sit there and last hit only like the start of the game so you don't push it.

I see, that makes sense. I haven't got to trying wards, but can they not be destroyed by enemies? How about jungling in general, is there a food guide for that?

Yes, they can be destroyed if the enemy team also counterwards, but that's how it goes. After a little practice you'll start getting a feel for the usual ward spots and be able to guage what you should do. As for jungling, I'm referring to later game when you're behind since it'll be tough to get farm in the lanes if they aren't pushed in. The jungling guides you'll find online will usually be for specific heroes that spend the beginning of the match in the jungle.

Also, until you've caught up some in levels with the enemy, you generally don't want to farm beyond where you've warded as you'll be easier to pick off.

Ghazi

Just try your best to go where they can't see you at all. If they're warding your jungle, you can go to their jungle although it's dangerous but so is yours if they're warding it. If they don't ward your jungle, go to your jungle and do not come in view of the lane or go farm lane creeps as that will give you away. If you're really desperate jsut sit at your ancients and farm those if you can.

If you can get a creep wave just outside of your tower just sit there and last hit only like the start of the game so you don't push it.
How would I be able to tell if they're warding my jungle? What would I be farming in the jungle, as opposed to lane creeps? (They are all I know).

E: I see above.

Frankly, is it worth the effort if I'm that far behind and the rest of my team is worse? I'm not saying I wouldn't try to fight back, maybe picking shots off from as far away as possible, but at point it's pretty much guaranteed to be a loss, at least from my (admittedly little) experience.

If you are in the jungle and haven't shown yourself in lane at all, and heros seem like they are coming right at you, you're probably warded. Get a sense of "did they accidently run into me" or "they knew I was here." You'll be farming any and all neutral creeps you find in the different camps scattered around the map.
Ah, that makes sense. I'll spend a few matches practicing it when I get into the situation again.

How would I be able to tell if they're warding my jungle? What would I be farming in the jungle, as opposed to lane creeps? (They are all I know).

If you are in the jungle and haven't shown yourself in lane at all, and heros seem like they are coming right at you, you're probably warded. Get a sense of "did they accidently run into me" or "they knew I was here." You'll be farming any and all neutral creeps you find in the different camps scattered around the map.

Chris R

So did we ever discover if the only way to get a Trove Cask is to buy all of the figurines? If so those immortals are going to be expensive...

Frankly, is it worth the effort if I'm that far behind and the rest of my team is worse? I'm not saying I wouldn't try to fight back, maybe picking shots off from as far away as possible, but at point it's pretty much guaranteed to be a loss, at least from my (admittedly little) experience.

Ah, that makes sense. I'll spend a few matches practicing it when I get into the situation again.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but you can jump in on this amazing offer too! I'd be happy to share my limited experience and advice if you run into any questions while playing.

You two should add me, I'm a newbie and I regularly play with other new friendly people. Join us and enjoy not being shouted at by angry people and having the illusion our team knows what they're doing. My steam account is Print Screen, the one with the actual print screen button as an avatar.

PhaZZe

Banned
Meepo it's so much fun, i suck but it's fun, i think i should start to learn how to play Meepo. any advice or tips?

Sanjay

Tuned in just long enough to see him ramble about the super smart Jews and how they're conspiring to control the world and how China would have bombed us by now if we didn't owe them money.

no thanks. fuck that loser.

Was he joking or something? this sounds insane.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Meepo it's so much fun, i suck but it's fun, i think i should start to learn how to play Meepo. any advice or tips?

1 = main meepo
2 = all other meepos
3 = 2&3 meepo
4 = 4&5 meepo

I haven't quite gotten the hang of making the most of my first extra meepo (like keeping one in lane and jungling with one to max out exp/farm) but once you start to get 3-5 it's pretty easy to keep them split up farming separate jungle camps while one is in lane or roaming around with the team to start fights.

I've been meaning to try quick cast with Meepo, but I've gotten pretty good at tabbing thru them all and tab-W-click'ing with them all pretty quick.

I don't have any profound tips for fighting with him other than practice tab-netting spaced out enough so that they don't overlap too much and poof spamming. I'm still practicing with blink poofing which is selecting all other meepos, poofing them to the main meepo, then switching to the main meepo and blinking onto an unaware target right as they all go off. I've been mostly relying on blinking into range, netting a dude, then just walking over to him with the initial meepo while the others poof onto him.

People I group with say I shouldn't get the Mek and that I should let supports handle that, but I find it WAY too useful for farming and I like being the one that can control when I use it in a fight if I need to desperately save one of my meeps from certain doom. It's probably a crutch tho and I probably won't need it if/when I ever get actually good on the hero.

Still, nothing is more fun than surrounding and overwhelming someone with a BKB on with geostrikes. There aren't many heroes that will walk away from a 1v1 engagement with Meepo. He's a really fun hero.

Top Bottom