• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

shira

jbphxqWvY9EJOy.jpg

jTz3XYDSRI0bw.png

Setting up the caster stages

jbmixCu11jHee0.png

Practice area. Surprised they didn't go for the mini steam machines, why alienwares?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I (and the rest of my four stack) were just nice to our bad pub fifth player and we won despite a really bad start from him. I feel like I paid back my karma debt from my terrible Rhasta game from yesterday so now I can go back to being a
rage.gif
ing shithead.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/760669357

the fuck mate?

Not that surprising. Most people would rather be the roaming killer than the dependable support player. I have played most my games as a carry but I still play supports every so often, and weirdly enough think I probably have a higher win rate in the support role (according to 2 pages of DotAbuff 8-4 with supports and 9-10 with hard carries, 2-5 with utility/semi-carries). People misunderstand how important Supports are ot a game. I think I've gona 3-1 as EarthShaker the last week or so because landing good Fissures guarantees easy kills.

I am so fucking glad I got Necronomicon this game, I think we would have lost without it. Ensured the Barricks went down when we broke high ground, and helped talk roshan by scouting out the enemy. If you look the enemy was starting to make a real comeback,

http://dotabuff.com/matches/760663620

PS: Lich Scepter sort of sucks still.

I only get scepter if the enemy has two or more summon/illusion heroes (phantom lancer, nature's prophet, chen, meepo, etc.) that can tank the damage of chain frost, and deplete the bounces. In almost all other situations, veil, force staff, sheepstick, necro and pipe are better pickups.

What the fuck is with Tinker now anyway? He's the same as ever, annoying piece of shit, but now he's getting picked a lot for some reason. I want to say manaless blink, but that has been a while and the surge is somewhat recent.

And yes Tech, I watched everything. Who did you suck off to get those multi? Early game you multicasted stun brew, and your next stun on Slark was another multicast.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
What the fuck is with Tinker now anyway? He's the same as ever, annoying piece of shit, but now he's getting picked a lot for some reason. I want to say manaless blink, but that has been a while and the surge is somewhat recent.

And yes Tech, I watched everything. Who did you suck off to get those multi? Early game you multicasted stun brew, and your next stun on Slark was another multicast.

I practice Ogre at least three games a day. Get on my level. I don't even notice the multicasts anymore I'm so used to them

Skab

I can't wait for the players to be at Valve so they can take take pictures of more concept art/upcoming heroes.

Not that surprising. Most people would rather be the roaming killer than the dependable support player. I have played most my games as a carry but I still play supports every so often, and weirdly enough think I probably have a higher win rate in the support role (according to 2 pages of DotAbuff 8-4 with supports and 9-10 with hard carries, 2-5 with utility/semi-carries). People misunderstand how important Supports are ot a game. I think I've gona 3-1 as EarthShaker the last week or so because landing good Fissures guarantees easy kills.

I play supports because they ARE the roaming killers, while the hard carries just stay in lane for the first 15 minutes to lasthit creeps. Supports also tend to have way more exciting and creative skillsets (earthshaker, lich, witchdoctor, warlock, venomancer, etc.) that allow for a lot of interesting plays, rather than having a bunch of passives and a straightforward nuke (looking at you, antimage, sniper, wraith king, etc.). There are some carries with early game fight potential and exciting skills, but I just find the stereotypical 2/3 passive, need to farm farm farm all day hard carries kinda boring.

the problem is that you need to pick heroes that can deal with him or rape his team in order to win. usually, you can deal with heroes by buying some sort of item. once he has blink, there's nothing you can do about it if you don't have the right heroes. even hex doesn't take care of it. it's stupid. either he shouldn't be allowed to shift queue blink into trees, or there needs to be an item that can break trees in an area of effect

the problem is that you need to pick heroes that can deal with him or rape his team in order to win. usually, you can deal with heroes by buying some sort of item. once he has blink, there's nothing you can do about it if you don't have the right heroes. even hex doesn't take care of it. it's stupid. either he shouldn't be allowed to shift queue blink into trees, or there needs to be an item that can break trees in an area of effect
I think casting machines revealing him in a small aoe would be a sizeable nerf. Or machines not interrupting blink.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I wonder what an itemized version of Shadow Shaman's shackles would be like

even if march didn't interrupt blink, he can still be anywhere in the trees. again, you'd need flying vision to see him, which requires batrider/beastmaster etc.

i mean, they limit ember spirit's remnants to 3, and they can serve basically the same function as tinker's rearm + boots of travel + shift queue blink once ember has his battlefuries. and ember is still vulnerable to hex/silence at times. without a specific item to cut down a bunch of trees, that hero is just stupid

Just lost a game 2v5

never playing dota again

I remember when me and another person were the only ones left, I was VS and he was Sven. We got fat super fast, but he was worse because he got like daedalus with bkb in 15 or so mins. Then 2 rapiers and Assault Curiass.

dmshaposv

I remember a 1vs5 necro game when I started dota almost an year ago, where the necro got mek/pipe/shivas, refreshers and double heart.

Needless to say, split pushing was the only way we could deal with him. Just. Didn't. Die.

Just lost a game 2v5

never playing dota again

I remember having a loss like that as well when I first started playing Dota. It can actually be somewhat difficult to deal with if the team with 2 has the right heroes to take advantage of the bonus gold. Not to mention that in my earlier days I didn't really understand the concept of split pushing, so our team kept trying to man fight them.

Indignate

About 10 minutes into our game, our Pudge, who has been missing hooks left and right, gets his hook stolen from him.

Of course, their Rubick then hooks him, the entire team jumps on him, and he immediately abandons.

The absolute shame he must have felt.

Chris R

About 10 minutes into our game, our Pudge, who has been missing hooks left and right, gets his hook stolen from him.

Of course, their Rubick then hooks him, the entire team jumps on him, and he immediately abandons.

Was their name some form of NaVi and/or Dendi and were they using the F2P Pudge set?

dmshaposv

Well rubick does have an instant cast animation for hook, so much easier to do it with him.

In other news, hook as a skillshot, is overrated. Just get a blink dagger on pudge and be useful anyway. use the hook to secure the kill when they try to flee from you (mostly in front of you).

Well rubick does have an instant cast animation for hook, so much easier to do it with him.

In other news, hook as a skillshot, is overrated. Just get a blink dagger on pudge and be useful anyway. use the hook to secure the kill when they try to flee from you (mostly in front of you).

Rubick hooks are so ez. Coming from someone that can't hook for shit.

Gav47

Goblak is going to be Navi's coach for the duration of TI according to Vilat, he always seemed to have amazing ideas for drafts but lacked the players to execute on them, hopefully this will give Navi a fighting chance.

M.D

guys is shadow fiend the bestest hero in the game or what... seriously i just love this fucking hero

- insane physical and magic damage
- fast farming with razers
- minus armor aura
- good ult plus minus damage and slow

plus awesome voice acting

Hylian7

guys is shadow fiend the bestest hero in the game or what... seriously i just love this fucking hero

- minus armor aura

GjSOXAO.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
jbmixCu11jHee0.png

Practice area. Surprised they didn't go for the mini steam machines, why alienwares?
For events you go with what works, is available, or what is cheap.

Could be left overs from other events or machines in stock from Valve. Dell is good for same business day support and warranties, or they are doing some kind of sponsorship.

Reckoner

- minus armor aura

Funny thing, I played a match with him hours ago for the first time. Shadowraze needs some practice to get right, but I'll definitely try him again later.

Maybe Xboct should give 'space creating carries' like Bloodseeker or Bristleback a try. I think Funnik would appreciate playing Clinkz as well if he did that.

manfestival

I gotta say, I finally came across a team that got all INT early game heroes and pushed hard. They beat us in 24 minutes taking everything and im not even mad. I am actually impressed! Pub games usually never have this level of coordination. Granted my team didnt speak english but I doubt it would've mattered. We didnt really pick any anti-push and a bit heavy on the carry side but thats OK for the traditional pub game

Let me know when you do cast that. I want to see it.

Will do! Will take time, though - my upload speed is horrendous until i finally get my upgrade.

Btw, the next game that inkls sent me is up. Thanks for the tip as usual! Not my best casting and audio, sorry. Now my setup finally works perfectly.

Btw one of the last games i casted was an ARDM, which i realized about when the game was half-finished. I admit i was a little bit tired, but my cries of "where did that hero come from" and "why are there 40 kills at the beginning of the game" were pretty entertaining (and embarassing) afterwards.

Nymerio

I gotta say, I finally came across a team that got all INT early game heroes and pushed hard. They beat us in 24 minutes taking everything and im not even mad. I am actually impressed! Pub games usually never have this level of coordination. Granted my team didnt speak english but I doubt it would've mattered. We didnt really pick any anti-push and a bit heavy on the carry side but thats OK for the traditional pub game

I actually get these games every once in a while in All Random. Most of the time you get a support only draft people realize what they have to do. These games also tend to be great fun because it's usually ganking all over the place and immediate pushes whenever an opportunity arises. I don't even care if we end up losing these games because most of the time everyone on the team has given everything and you end up losing because they managed to get their carries online. AR is the best.

lmao Dota 2 trench stories are hilarious

By the way, how likely is Void receiving a nerf in the next patch? He's my go-to-hero in ranked at the moment. I feel he's the best solo Q carry easily.

dmshaposv

lmao Dota 2 trench stories are hilarious

By the way, how likely is Void receiving a nerf in the next patch? He's my go-to-hero in ranked at the moment. I feel he's the best solo Q carry easily.

My go to ez wins carry is doom. Love the drama when i call mid and pubbies be like "doom mid rofl go woods noob gg". Then i carry their ass with my early mek team fight oriented doom.

Top Bottom