• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT6| Plz vote for Keeper of the Light Arcana

Hylian7

http://dotabuff.com/matches/761055084

Can I get a replay analysis on this? I really don't understand how we lost this, and obviously I didn't watch every move of the other lanes.

Basically the whole game was lost in 10 minutes. We had literally no vision on the map, wards were consatantly out of stock. We got dewarded so we never had vision. Every other lane lost and then they ganked me too and I couldn't do a damn thing about it as nowhere was safe. Even base wasn't safe because NP TP'd in to snipe me when I got out with no health.

Bloodseeker goes Midas against a Faceless Void. He got it in 6 minutes, that's great, except we needed to midgame these guys and we lost any chance of that early.

HEmpysj.png

Good old AusDota. This is what happens when you fuck around for long enough to let a PL get superfarmed (fortunately I was green team)

The initial green bump was because they had Ursa/WK which is the most obvious "we're doing Lvl 1 Roshan" in the world so we caught them out there. After that we threw for a little while then just ran over them.

Also it was a 3 stack/2 solos (me) vs 5-stack game so that's why I'm bragging about it.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/761055084

Can I get a replay analysis on this? I really don't understand how we lost this, and obviously I didn't watch every move of the other lanes.

Basically the whole game was lost in 10 minutes. We had literally no vision on the map, wards were consatantly out of stock. We got dewarded so we never had vision. Every other lane lost and then they ganked me too and I couldn't do a damn thing about it as nowhere was safe. Even base wasn't safe because NP TP'd in to snipe me when I got out with no health.

Bloodseeker goes Midas against a Faceless Void. He got it in 6 minutes, that's great, except we needed to midgame these guys and we lost any chance of that early.

Midas isn't necessarily terrible on BS, but if you're going for one you are basically comitting to an aggressive carry position, which Blade Mail doesn't exactly fit into. BS is one of the few heroes I can justify SnY on, but Blade Mail literally has no place against that lineup (who can easily get the jump on him before he even gets it activated). Your lineup went pushing/farming, theirs clearly went early game ganks, and it paid off.

I'm working on my carry naga right now. Whats a good time to get radiance up? I know some people bottle crow to try an spam illusions into the jungle, but that is a bit beyond my comfort zone. Should I bother trying to even play hard carry naga if I'm not willing to do it with bottle crow?

Red UFO

I'm working on my carry naga right now. Whats a good time to get radiance up? I know some people bottle crow to try an spam illusions into the jungle, but that is a bit beyond my comfort zone. Should I bother trying to even play hard carry naga if I'm not willing to do it with bottle crow?

You'll never get better if you don't stretch beyond your comfort zone.

(I have no Naga specific tips for you)

markot

Banned
I want that little Tiny figure >_<

Also, the voting for the reworks was terrible, everyone just picked their favourites instead of the ones that needed it the most!

JustinBB7

Yay favorite hero challenge done. 10 Meepo wins. When Valve first said pick your fav hero they didn't mention win 10 times with him, so when I found out I was like... oh. But luckily it turned out fine.

bNiBrWx.png

Didn't get blink as much because I felt rusty with it and just wanted to tank up. I've done every compendium thing possible now! Ready for international.

Razzer

The team descriptions are now closed btw. If you have already been put on the list then carry on, but I've done the teams that noone went for myself with Shira.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I gotta say, I finally came across a team that got all INT early game heroes and pushed hard. They beat us in 24 minutes taking everything and im not even mad. I am actually impressed! Pub games usually never have this level of coordination. Granted my team didnt speak english but I doubt it would've mattered. We didnt really pick any anti-push and a bit heavy on the carry side but thats OK for the traditional pub game

You say that now

That's 75% of games I play right now.

Not the all int heroes part, but the co-ordinated deathball push is basically the strategy du jour at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out how to beat it. People say split push, but if they're a roaming kill squad they just murder someone who's pushing and then barrel down that lane and take a tower or two. One person can't take a tower faster than four or five :/

Razzer

You say that now

That's 75% of games I play right now.

Not the all int heroes part, but the co-ordinated deathball push is basically the strategy du jour at the moment. I'm still trying to figure out how to beat it. People say split push, but if they're a roaming kill squad they just murder someone who's pushing and then barrel down that lane and take a tower or two. One person can't take a tower faster than four or five :/

Eh, it's about having better late game and stalling as long as possible. The reason the deathball gets the advantage is through tower gold and killing people who try to defend towers themselves. A hero like kotl, wr, mag, any long range wave clearer can delay the push whilst say a weaver gets you a couple of towers as well. Even if they are taking towers faster than you, if you have all their T1s by the time they reach highground then you should have enough gold to stage a defense. Of course, this all depends on how laning went.

BigAT

Just got kicked out of a game and can't reconnect to it. Can I restart Dota without leaving the game?

You can restart Dota and still have the option to rejoin the game when you open it back up. If you can't reconnect to it though and it's not your connection there is a chance the game is dead for everyone.

shira

You can restart Dota and still have the option to rejoin the game when you open it back up. If you can't reconnect to it though and it's not your connection there is a chance the game is dead for everyone.

There is a bug that is crashing shit and people are trying to grief with it. So it might be that too

ViviOggi

I get the feeling these 2 get the best along with each other on EG.

Also, why is puppey so srs? like even xbox manliness can occasionally crack into a smile.
I don't think I've ever seen another facial expression than smiling and smirking on XBOX's face.

manfestival

My go to ez wins carry is doom. Love the drama when i call mid and pubbies be like "doom mid rofl go woods noob gg". Then i carry their ass with my early mek team fight oriented doom.

doom is my go to for easy wins as well but I feel like instant picking him is almost a loss considering most people wait till the last second to do picks.

I played enigma for the second time probably yesterday and I landed a 5 man black hole. THAT was pretty awesome

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
My go to ez wins carry is doom. Love the drama when i call mid and pubbies be like "doom mid rofl go woods noob gg". Then i carry their ass with my early mek team fight oriented doom.

One dude I play with is actually pretty damn good at running mid Broodmother. Enemy team laughs when they see it, ten minutes later she's pushing on their T3

Top Bottom