• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Classic Clown9.

That razor refreshing just for a DP kill at the rosh pit was unnecessary imo.

They are at the advantage if they just wait on rosh while Furion is ratting.

shira

oh they're playing already.... joindota says newbee vs c9 isn't for another 2 hours...
#WCA

I have the weirdest Zyori boner right now
BzKOsFNCYAMeAJJ.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
DP is seriously the dumbest hero

Yeah I'm expecting 6.82c in the next few weeks or 6.83 in late November or early December. Need to slap DP/brew/razor/bat/centaur/Naga/TB with the nerfbat. Pro's are just unwilling to pick new shit, and I think it's because of the fuckload of money in dota now. Before you'd have post TI tourneys of just a couple thousand dollars, so who gives a shit if you pick experimental lineups and fail? That's how new heroes got cycled in and nerfed heroes got cycled out. Not happening this time around.

Ketch

Yeah I'm expecting 6.82c in the next few weeks or 6.83 in late November or early December. Need to slap DP/brew/razor/bat/centaur/Naga/TB with the nerfbat. Pro's are just unwilling to pick new shit, and I think it's because of the fuckload of money in dota now. Before you'd have post TI tourneys of just a couple thousand dollars, so who gives a shit if you pick experimental lineups and fail? That's how new heroes got cycled in and nerfed heroes got cycled out. Not happening this time around.

DP hasn't always been first pick/ban. What did people use to stop her before?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
DP hasn't always been first pick/ban. What did people use to stop her before?

DP has been first pick/first ban since TI playoffs. Pro's didn't really care about her before TI, then newbee started to own with her and everyone started to pick her. EG picked Sven to counter DP a few weeks ago at WEC, but Sven saw very little play this tournament.

http://gfycat.com/PhysicalWindingBangeltiger

The Phantom Rush will not be denied.

DP has been first pick/first ban since TI playoffs. Pro's didn't really care about her before TI, then newbee started to own with her and everyone started to pick her. EG picked Sven to counter DP a few weeks ago at WEC, but Sven saw very little play this tournament.

Is it possible that other heroes that naturally do better against her need to simply be adopted by "the meta", rather than nerfing her?

Ketch

Yea, but she's been in the game a lot longer then that. she's always been a pub stomp hero, but she hasn't been super popular at the prolevel until TI4 playoffs like you said. So has she always been this good and just nobody noticed it?

Nerf DP by giving her an aghs, so people will rush it on her instead of buying actual useful items like euls or shivas.

Worked for a bunch of other heroes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yea, but she's been in the game a lot longer then that. she's always been a pub stomp hero, but she hasn't been super popular at the prolevel until TI4 playoffs like you said. So has she always been this good and just nobody noticed it?

Probably. This is an example of the pub meta being ahead of the pro meta. Pubs cried that DP was broken for the entire year before TI4, pro's never touched her. Then someone (newbee) demonstrated that she was just as good in competitive games, and bam. Also 6.81 was where deathball push became the rage, and DP, like Lycan, is the perfect fit. 6.78 - 6.80 weren't really about the deathball.

NBtoaster

This could be helped with more Captain's Draft tournaments.

Acinixys

The main character doesn't have an orange jumpsuit and does not spam "believe it" every 5 seconds. How can you like this crap? People who like this are probably the same who chrono their own team.

Why did I laugh so hard at this? Almost got water on my keyboard

slardars bad time or his good time

Good im assuming

Playing vs a good Slardar is my worst nightmare because I know how bullshit that hero is. If he get a sub 12 minutes blink you are going to lose. -10 armor on both your supports means you will always be 3v5 in fights seeing as they die instantly

There's so much interesting here. Jugg with 2 sets of boots and 2 rapiers (obviously because he has 2 hands and 2 foot), Jugg with a Maelstrom, Nyx with Brown Boots at 2 god damn hours, Medusa with 2000 Last Hits, Clockwerk with an Aghs which can be had at about 20 minutes and nothing else. What even happened in the game? I assume pure chaos...

i remember when people itt kept saying dp wasn't imbalanced. hurr durr

I was shouted down and told the hero was perfectly fine and all I needed to do was get more armor. Obviously the pros just need more medallions and RoB's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom