• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

i remember when people itt kept saying dp wasn't imbalanced. hurr durr

slardar's time will come too. i await with bated breath

My two most successful heroes are DP and Slardar and I got well over 80% winrate with both of them. They have always been incredibly strong in pubs and I'm surprised that Slardar hasn't been picked up yet. But like you said, his time will come.

You basically get free upvotes on Reddit with sweeping generalizations (and often blatant racism) towards Russians and Peruvians. It's absolutely ridiculous given that Reddit is perceived a mainly left-wing oriented board. Dota 2 subreddit sure isn't.

Nymerio

So in that kdl game just now the riki had mask of madness. Is this legit? I tried it in a quick bot game and it seems to be pretty cool. It's nice to move around invis with the movement speed and it's good to burst people down. Not sure how I would do in a real game though.

G.ZZZ

i remember when people itt kept saying dp wasn't imbalanced. hurr durr

slardar's time will come too. i await with bated breath

Yeah, dude, in 2 years the time for an hero will come no shit. Same thing with DP, ppl were calling her imba in 6.79, while she was never picked and had the highest pub WR in the game. I still remember everyone and their mother picking her against us in the gaf tournament and she didn't win once.

But sure "i called it 2 years ago" hurr durr

EDIT: tbh that tournament we also always played Razor before he got str buffed so GAF tournametn literally TI4 1 year before it #calledit #precursorofthemeta #visionarycaptain

Demoli

My two most successful heroes are DP and Slardar and I got well over 80% winrate with both of them. They have always been incredibly strong in pubs and I'm surprised that Slardar hasn't been picked up yet. But like you said, his time will come.

Slardar's number 1 issue is that Centaur does what he excels at better. ou need to be 1 position as slardar, and that compromises late game. Reliable constant initiation is just better with centaur and he also provides better utility and laning.

Which is a shame cause i also love slardar.

G.ZZZ

Slardar just need a real skill instead of a bash on an hero that need too many items to actually use it and already has a stun
sleeping.gif

Demoli

Sprint should just give Attack Speed aswell. Make a full free MoM already which would actually sinergyse with his bash.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just give slardar a jinada like bash. After x seconds, next hit will do like a 1 second bash. Or make it like brews crit.

Phandy

Slarder just needs to be more like Pestilence. Might as well change how he looks to that too. He was so good, gotta go fast hero, especially with the awesome portal key sound.

(LadyBirdPestilence for life.)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm guessing Slardar hasn't had his model updated because Valve is going to do a total rework of the hero

Believe!

I'd love it if reworking shit heroes becomes a trend. I'm trying to figure out why BS, Riki and PL were all chosen for an overhaul and the best idea I have is that they were all terrorists in pubs but ignored in the pro scene. In all 3 cases it seems like the heroes are even more ridiculous to play against in pubs (in BS and PL's case for completely different reasons at least, but still completely broken), so was this just to get them eventually to a useful place for pro games?

I'd love it if reworking shit heroes becomes a trend. I'm trying to figure out why BS, Riki and PL were all chosen for an overhaul and the best idea I have is that they were all terrorists in pubs but ignored in the pro scene. In all 3 cases it seems like the heroes are even more ridiculous to play against in pubs (in BS and PL's case for completely different reasons at least, but still completely broken), so was this just to get them eventually to a useful place for pro games?

In PL's case at least, it was probably because his role as tanky illusion-based split-pusher was more or less taken by Naga who does the job a lot better. So he's been reworked to a midgame facerush fighter.

Acinixys

hopefully Slardar loses the baron von underbite

Slardar in DotA 1 looks like such a fucking badass

attachment.php

Wish they would remake him closer to this model with all the cool fins and spines instead of the grey talking poop we have now

Also something that has always bothered me is that his skill icon for his stun is his tail smashing the ground. But in game he stuns my slamming his Pike into the earth. Valve pls

FACE

Banned

http://www.playdota.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=47297&d=1312659200[IMG]

Wish they would remake him closer to this model with all the cool fins and spines instead of the grey talking poop we have now

Also something that has always bothered me is that his skill icon for his stun is his tail smashing the ground. But in game he stuns my slamming his Pike into the earth. Valve pls[/QUOTE]

Generic muscular fishman zzzz

BeesEight

Also something that has always bothered me is that his skill icon for his stun is his tail smashing the ground. But in game he stuns my slamming his Pike into the earth. Valve pls

This would look really ridiculous along side the rest of the Dota 2 design. It's just sort of fins plastered on fins on top of muscle.

That said, I do agree that Slardar could use a redesign but I'd rather something that brings him more in line with Slark and Naga.

Ketch

Maybe i'll start picking DP instead of brew master in ranked ap when I get mid.

Brew falls off really hard, and if you're team can't carry (which they never can) you end up fucked even if you start the game out going like 10 - 0.

sixghost

Maybe i'll start picking DP instead of brew master in ranked ap when I get mid.

Brew falls off really hard, and if you're team can't carry (which they never can) you end up fucked even if you start the game out going like 10 - 0.

Literally everything you just said also applies to Death Prophet as well. She's probably a bit more relevant in the late game, but it's not like she's some super hard carry.

sixghost

I looked at the dotabuff for your last game, and I think your mistake was building aghs, Ketch. Brew's aghs ult has been in the game for a while now, and I think pros have started to agree that it's not an item you want on your brewmaster if you expect the game to go more than 30 or so minutes. A brew who builds items like vlads, ac, shivas, refresher never becomes irrelevant no matter how long the game goes.

Ketch

I looked at the dotabuff for your last game, and I think your mistake was building aghs, Ketch. Brew's aghs ult has been in the game for a while now, and I think pros have started to agree that it's not an item you want on your brewmaster if you expect the game to go more than 30 or so minutes. A brew who builds items like vlads, ac, shivas, refresher never becomes irrelevant no matter how long the game goes.

thanks for checking it out. I will definitely give it a shot. I like aghs because it lets you do so much more damage during the ulti, with the extra clap and the crits on the fire panda... it helps a lot when most of your team is literally doing nothing... but then yea, it comes to the point where all of a sudden you don't do enough damage, and your cyclone doesn't last quite as long as it needs to and you can't get a double on every ult and you just loose the game because CAN GET A SOME HELP OVER HERE TEAM? fuck.

I'm so frustrated right now, I think I'm going to stop playing ranked again. Like, I was playing it before and felt like I belonged where I was. Now I feel like I should be above where I am, but it's just too aggravating dealing with these people who are terrible at the game. I might just go back to AR and single draft... fuck mmr. The only reason I care about it now is because I don't think it's actually representative of where I'm at anymore, but that's probably me just being unrealistic.

edit: Also I didn't think about gust silencing all my pandas after the split, if I had realized that I probably wouldn't have gotten aghs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Er, Helium should have looked at the brackets before saying VP is out, if Alliance loses their game tomorrow there is a 3 way tie between C9, VP, and Alliance.

New D2L, with item
268x268.resizedimage

I hate it. Thumbs down, Ultra Not-Epic, Volvo plz don't add.

Where did you even find that Shira, I can't find it on the workshop. Pretty sure tournament Items need to be publicly visible in order to be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom