• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acti

Now kiss!
happytears.gif

mfaex

http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=147884

Hi all,

Faceless Void has won out over Viper in the Compendium model rework vote. To be honest, it was an unexpected result of the final vote even for us. Faceless Void won the votes across all regions.

We've been grappling with what to do internally for some time now and decided we need more information. So we are approaching the Dota community to gather feedback on what it is about Faceless Void’s model that people are reacting negatively to. It will help us have a good starting point as to how to approach this on our end so that we end up with something that most of the Dota community will be happy with.

We are specifically looking for information about the parts of the design that you like, and the parts you dislike and why.

-dhabih

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Keep Void the same and out of my games in the future
aren't they on lan? What's the official hazaro opinion on ibuypower?
Posted before it's probably the REVOLT units that are thrown at every event. They've had problems at multiple ones.

ibuypower has no advantages compared to other prebuilts imo. Any company doing SFF will be judged on their one product.

So valve is entirely stumped on why people voted for faceless void and what to do with him. They're asking the dev forums for help.

They should just give him a new texture, remake viper entirely and say it was a compromise or something

Pratfall

So valve is entirely stumped on why people voted for faceless void and what to do with him. They're asking the dev forums for help.

They should just give him a new texture, remake viper entirely and say it was a compromise or something

And then never ask this stupid ass community for feedback ever again.

JC Sera

I like this guys solutions.
If I had my way, the remodel would just be basically a free Arcana given to all Dota players that people could choose whether or not to equip. Honestly, I think that would satisfy both contingents, and you could even make the Arcana fit the head slot since head cosmetics would probably conflict most with the remodel.

However, I realize that that is possibly something that Valve isn't considering, so I think if anything he could just use a retexture. The greenish parts of his default model look kind of dated and could be given particle effects. But again, I personally love his model and really wish it wouldnt' change.
Both are pretty reasonable
Also if FV changes too much then it ruins the Bane is a nightmare of FV theory :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
iBUYSHIT

Seriously, why is there an issue E V E R Y single game???

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
FREE ARCANA
and make his hands different or something. I like Void's model a lot.

*The power for the PC has always stayed on at least.

Chris R

I'd love to see faceless without the mouth and not buff as fuck. The frail looking freak without any features on his face is an extradimensional being, doesn't need to have muscles to rekt your face.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"Zai has no knowledge of the Invis Rune picked up"

Yes he fucking does, you even selected the hawk when Super got the Invis rune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom