• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Fe3t2g4.png

http://dota2lounge.com/predict?m=4550

Bet on a team to get first or 2nd place

Finally a betting format for C9 fans

hero challenge Meepo and Bloodseeker vs most successful heroes...fight!

yRpQauy.png

...or not. It really, really shouldn't be this hard to get at least marginally decent help. I never require much, but damn man...in half of these losses, there's just gross incompetence. At least they were nice guys, but goddamn.

shira

http://i.imgur.com/yRpQauy.png[/MG]

...or not. It really, really shouldn't be this hard to get at least marginally decent help. I never require much, but damn man...in half of these losses, there's just gross incompetence. At least they were nice guys, but goddamn.[/QUOTE]

That don't look like no rapier. Man up.

edit: oh shit that bearzky

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

http://i.imgur.com/yRpQauy.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Man, I tried to do my Meepo all hero challenge the other night when I was fucking wasted and the result is about what you would expect.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/dBAkpBx.png

I love the high > normal skill dip. I think my unranked MMR was crying for mercy as the night wore on.

Chris R

Fuuuuuuck

Can't place bets with items from my inventory because the laptop I'm using for this work conference is "New" to steam so no trades for 7 days :(

It's amazing. And Bruno is cited :O

Now to get it published.

JihTksQ.png

better players move around the map more

reading it more damn this shit is legit they used r and everything

fuckin anovas

They didn't even format it properly that's the 6.82c map

All the data was collected this spring and all the maps pictured are of before 6.82 I'm not sure what you're saying.

Played my first Drow game, don't much like her

Way too fragile if you don't have the knowhow to keep her out of melee range, and I don't :p

not helped by teammates refusing to swap lanes, leaving me against Riki and Bounty Hunter. Drow's biggest weakness afaik is when melee heroes get up close to her, and I was essentially left to a lane where they could do that at will. Too fragile for me to carry a Gem, and too fragile to last long enough to use a Dust and survive. Ended up 8-11 or something, but still

Acinixys

322 in CSGo too. Man these kids really need to knock it off or get a lot better at being discreet...

http://www.hltv.org/n/13437

$2,000....

Disgusting

The fact that all people have to do is apologize and they're back on a sponsored team is so wrong

In "real" professional sports match fixing isnt only the end of your career, but a massive embarrassment for yourself, your family and your organization as well

But in E-Sports these kids drop a "lolz i was jk guys XDXD i promise i wont do it again :D" and people act like its perfectly normal to allow them back

Disgusting

The fact that all people have to do is apologize and they're back on a sponsored team is so wrong

In "real" professional sports match fixing isnt only the end of your career, but a massive embarrassment for yourself, your family and your organization as well

But in E-Sports these kids drop a "lolz i was jk guys XDXD i promise i wont do it again :D" and people act like its perfectly normal to allow them back

Agree its totally bullshit no matter how talented/popular the players are.

Confirmed matchfixing in any competition should be instantly punished with a lifetime ban imo

All the players/managers involved in the Proleague match fixing scandal were and still are banned for life, as far as I know. And that includes Savior, who was one of the best players in the league at the time.

Once again, Korea actually takes esports seriously.

All the players/managers involved in the Proleague match fixing scandal were and still are banned for life, as far as I know. And that includes Savior, who was one of the best players in the league at the time.

Once again, Korea actually takes esports seriously.

I don't know anything about this story btw, just my two cents from being a football fan, and very casual cricket fan :p

Matchfixing is about the lowest of the low, and there can never be any excuse for it. It goes against everything that sport should be about.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That music on xyclop's stream completely made the teamfight holy crap-
I hope all this Xyclopz love isn't just a FotM bandwagon. That dude is hysterical and I really think he's doing great things for the scene right now. I watch games I couldn't care less about to hear his amazing casts. BTS almost made up for inflicting Zyori upon us when they gave him a shot on their channel and started this love train.

I hope all this Xyclopz love isn't just a FotM bandwagon. That dude is hysterical and I really think he's doing great things for the scene right now. I watch games I couldn't care less about to hear his amazing casts. BTS almost made up for inflicting Zyori upon us when they gave him a shot on their channel and started this love train.

Xyclopzz is an interesting case as he isn't really judged in the same way that most other casters are. He misses a lot of kills, his analysis is kinda mediocre and he does say some dumb stuff which is all stuff that most casters get shit on for. Xyclopzz is kinda immune to these criticisms however because of how (at least to me) legitimately funny he is. It'll be interesting to see if he's given the same kind of leeway down the road.

I really enjoy his casting though; post TI4 I think I've watched SEA Dota more than any other region and Xyclopzz is the only reason for that.

LiQuid!

Xyclopzz is an interesting case as he isn't really judged in the same way that most other casters are. He misses a lot of kills, his analysis is kinda mediocre and he does say some dumb stuff which is all stuff that most casters get shit on for. Xyclopzz is kinda immune to these criticisms however because of how (at least to me) legitimately funny he is. It'll be interesting to see if he's given the same kind of leeway down the road.

I really enjoy his casting though; post TI4 I think I've watched SEA Dota more than any other region and Xyclopzz is the only reason for that.

Thing is tho, when I watch a game of Dota being played I can fuckin see what is happening without some loudmouth barking at me like a child's life is on the line. There's a craft to what people like LD and Tobi do and it's fine that they do it and that some up and comers want to ape their style and replicate their success. There's a need for that kind of casting that isn't going to go away because whether we want it or not Xyclopz probably isn't going to be casting the TI finals any time soon. I'd much rather have someone with some personality doing a cast tho, and there are VERY few people that cast Dota games that display anything resembling a personality. It's either shouting from the hypemonkeys, or low key analytics from the brains and ex-pros. Xyclopz doesn't need to be judged the same way Capitalist or Zyori are, because those guys don't have any style at all. They're copycats and pretenders.

inkls

Undying is quickly becoming my favorite hero. I've yet to lose a game with him. Great for early kills in lane and scales really well.

Actually the only thing about undying that scales is his ult dmg amp. His decay decreases in effectiveness the later the game goes as more str is acquired.

Undying is a god in the first 30 min. He's pretty irrelevant afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom