• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

thank you EE for showing no mercy
happytears.gif

"If there are 1000 people on Reddit complaining about a change that you've made in DOTA2, is that a valid complaint?" (Mike)

Experimental psychologist at Valve during his keynote at Chi Play today.

mentioned here and here

probably ended up very similar to his SDD talk judging from a couple of slides/mentions

you can still dominate with him in pubs and get tears!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sad.gif
cry.gif

I was playing the other night, and the opposing team had an Anti-Mage and whined that he never team fought, was always jungling etc. The game hit 45 minutes and Anti-Mage started melting our towers and won the enemy team the game. Games like that are why I don't play AM anymore, in low tier pubs people don't understand how to let a farming carry farm, early/mid game gankers rule the roost.

Wok

Le Radiant needed more radiance. Thats why they lost.
Kappa

You cannot see it but Medusa went Midas first.

eguC6Wb.png

I was pretty bad as Viper in the sense that I tend to use poison attack instead of the usual auto-attack, because I did not know the slow and damage of successive attacks don't stack (see the green line). I could have right-clicked and killed them a lot faster.

kpkkiGP.png

manfestival

im starting to slowly realize a lot more things I could do to improve situations as of general enemy item awareness as well as knowing when to push and to leave a battle when all hope is LOST

I kinda wish I had a friend that could actually point these things along the way. Instead, most of the people on my friends list are from 4chan and say the worst possible things in existence and feed on purpose when someone randoms a hero they wanted to play

I was pretty bad as Viper in the sense that I tend to use poison attack instead of the usual auto-attack, because I did not know the slow and damage of successive attacks don't stack (see the green line). I could have right-clicked and killed them a lot faster.

kpkkiGP.png

Huh I honestly didn't know that the damage didnt stack. I just manually use Q after every 2/3 normal attack to save mana and reapply the slow.

Did you find yourself always short on mana to cast your spells and have enough to use mek (with the 6.82 mana cost nerf)? I haven't tried him this patch yet.

Ketch

I've taken like a two week break from dota and I'm not sure if I'm gonna comeback... I'm not sure if I want to comeback.

But this game is awesome.

Hupsel

?

I'm asking because its uncanny how his profile pic is similar to an old high school acquaintance.

Or did the wording made it look like flirting? I have no idea tbh the whole dating, giving clues, flirting stuff goes over my head. If so, sorry for giving that impression, not into guys.

If it was a joke, sorry about that too. I'm on my meds today so I might be having trouble spotting that stuff.

Haha im just joking inkls, relax :)
Im your Philippe. Or Felipe, sexy latino.

blush.gif

Madouu

huh? he didn't get any buffs?

doom and void no longer counter him super hard from the get go, nerf to deathball make him much more viable.

It's either pick mass aoe or mass tanky & strong lanes to deal with him nowadays. Also, as someone that play support a lot, his ability to "see" wards is the most annoying shit in the game for me, by very, very far.

Raytow

Heroes he was bad against were nerfed and the general play style shifted to a favourable one.
Oh, in that case PA was fairly buffed as well, not to mention hard carries(Medusa specially even if Merlini insists the hero is mediocre) in general.

Wok

Huh I honestly didn't know that the damage didnt stack. I just manually use Q after every 2/3 normal attack to save mana and reapply the slow.

Did you find yourself always short on mana to cast your spells and have enough to use mek (with the 6.82 mana cost nerf)? I haven't tried him this patch yet.

Yes, I had to be very wary of my mana.

Dlvsy68.png

Ten heroes to go to finish the all-hero challenge. The worst heroes for me are Dark Seer, Leshrac, Lone Druid, Spirit Breaker (pre 6.82) and Storm Spirit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright, this weeks the week. Oracle, Pitlord, base customization, new creep models, new spectre voice, PA and Kunnka arcana, revamped item drop and customization system, spooky hats, and the Dreamleauge ticket!

We will get nothing other then some nexon stuff on Thursday.

Pratfall

I'm 12-1 with Ogre since 6.82 came out, hero is amazing. I even kicked the shit out of an axe because "lol7armor".

Funniest thing in a game yesterday was watching an overconfident full HP night stalker tower dive the ogre on my team who turned, multicasted stun, unrefined, ignite, bloodlusted himself and just destroyed the nightstalker.

I hate vanguard on spectre in 99.9% of games, but casual vit booster is alright (build into heart after radiance manta)

I figure ring of health is really good to build first for early lane sustain and since I always start with buckler, the vanguard can be had easily ( and it works well for sustain). Is vitality booster first better?

pretty much treads/phase->bracer->radi->preferably manta, sometimes heart or some shit though
skillwise, max both desolate and dagger asap unless you're dying 24/9, with desolate preferably first (ulti obv when u can)

I remember reading that the Chinese like to go 3-1-1 with 3 points in spectral dagger first. But seeing as how 3 points into desolate makes you hit hard early on with haunt, I'll try that next time I play.

manfestival

I figure ring of health is really good to build first for early lane sustain and since I always start with buckler, the vanguard can be had easily ( and it works well for sustain). Is vitality booster first better?

I have always had this train of thought. The ring of health really is useful early on.

RS4-

I remember reading that the Chinese like to go 3-1-1 with 3 points in spectral dagger first. But seeing as how 3 points into desolate makes you hit hard early on with haunt, I'll try that next time I play.

Lately I've been going 1311. Phase, urn, drums, then diffusal or radiance depending on how things going.

But the past few games I've had spec, I've had passive team mates and it's just straight up garbage. Won 9 in a row, then lost 4 of 5.

Last two losses, a combined 2/3/16.

Lately I've been going 1311. Phase, urn, drums, then diffusal or radiance depending on how things going.

But the past few games I've had spec, I've had passive team mates and it's just straight up garbage. Won 9 in a row, then lost 4 of 5.

Last two losses, a combined 2/3/16.

Big reason why I was hesitant to play spectre. Supports in my tier are content to avoid combat early on as much as possible or just babysit losing lanes (or endlessly stack pull).

elyetis

Any dual lane hero advise for bloodseeker ? I just snowballed with a friend player distruptor, but I'm guessing there is even better hero for that no ? Was thinking silencer or sky, since they are already so strong alone with their harass

Smithy C

I've not had proper internet for like a month. What are some pro games where Ogre Magi wrecked house? Need to see some lottery winners.

Zeth

Holy shit that 322 drama over on reddit.

DDZ and co came clean and throw throw manager under the bus? LMAO. "We are very sorry. The 322 by DDZ and Lance was true. But our manager told us to keep it secret and he wrote the reddit post as damage control"

Sad stuff. Especially for a growing community there.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, I'm going to put a solo, DDZ, and lance autograph onto a cursed Throe courier and rename it '#322 Throe it', should I put demon's autograph on it too?

Quesa

You guys weren't kidding about slark. Get stuck with the most greedy team (luna, blood, clock, storm, slark), get rekt for 25 mins, start making headway, get two ragequits, then luna storm an me still managed to 3v5 their whole team after they called gg on us after clearing a lane of rax. And I wasn't even that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom