• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT7| What the fuck have they done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Maybe the drop system rework will actually be a more comprehensive rework of drops, battle points, levels, etc.

The system as it is currently is pretty dumb.

shira

B07Egl8IUAIG-zt.jpg

Who's the cutie in the beanie hat?

Oh yeah, just had this game happen
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/986074351
my team freakin won. once i got my radiance, things went smoother but the game was won when drow bought divine rapier and our DP got it lol

There's a special place in hell for Drow's that build stupid item builds. Why on Earth everyone skips Crit in favor of a fast Manta is beyond me. With Treads and a Crystalys at like level 11 Drow can 3 shot most heroes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What's the argument for having orb and jaunt on different keys? Seems unnecessary to me.

kvk1

Puck really is a joy to play.

Even if you're complete scrub you can make for some spectacular team fight moments.

I mean, you'll probably die in the process. Possibly along with your entire team.

But the panache with which you die can't be matched by any other hero.

Orbs flying everywhere, faerie dusts lining the air, coils popping off, etc.

cheeky.gif

If you spam it because you are stunned or silenced it could happen that you jaunt instantly.

Yeah and adding a small cooldown to it wouldn't be good either because then you couldn't jaunt instantly to disjoint stuff that's already way too close.

2keys is fine. If you want to make it one key, there's a script for it. That's one of the good thing about the game running on source, you can make scripts if you need stuff. For example smart casting was available several months before they finally added it(and to an extent is still better via scripts due to ease of toggling them on and off for specific keys or using key up/down depending on your tastes).

shira

Damn we were so close. The team took it well though. Can't wait to see how they do over the course of the next year.
I would have liked to have seen Secret vs C9 and a healthy Boner7.

Imagine if China didn't chicken out and Mushi's team won

Group a
EG
Alliance
Newbee
Tinker

Group b
VG
Secret
Team Malaysia
Navi

Culd have been Key Arena.

Arkanius

Yesterday I played an ignored hero most of the time:

Shadow Demon

Holy shit why did I ignore this guy so much. He absolutely wrecks in lane as a support, and his ultimate destroys most big carries if they use buffs (Medusa/TA for example in my game, they lose their shield as soon I put my ult on them. Glorious)

Volodja

Yesterday I played an ignored hero most of the time:

Shadow Demon

Holy shit why did I ignore this guy so much. He absolutely wrecks in lane as a support, and his ultimate destroys most big carries if they use buffs (Medusa/TA for example in my game, they lose their shield as soon I put my ult on them. Glorious)
Demonic Purge doesn't remove those abilities.

Can we have a discussion on countering last pick omniknight or when no one picks a counter hero like silencer? I played a match last night in which despite controlling the map for most of the game...omni once he hit his levels just made the opposing team an almost unkillable deathball. We lost mid racks but fortunately managed to win the game because they dove too hard allowing me to cleanup. Our lock then managed to throw an incredibly well places and well timed ult, killing omni instantly before he could ulti (allowing PA and I to clean up- I was slark). I don't think omni is unfair as I play him quite a bit but I'm not sure how to deal with him late game without a proper counter. He isn't exactly weak in the early game either .

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/985821669

Can we have a discussion on countering last pick omniknight or when no one picks a counter hero like silencer? I played a match last night in which despite controlling the map for most of the game...omni once he hit his levels just made the opposing team an almost unkillable deathball. We lost mid racks but fortunately managed to win the game because they dove too hard allowing me to cleanup. Our lock then managed to throw an incredibly well places and well timed ult, killing omni instantly before he could ulti (allowing PA and I to clean up- I was slark). I don't think omni is unfair as I play him quite a bit but I'm not sure how to deal with him late game without a proper counter. He isn't exactly weak in the early game either .

I end up banning omni 2nd phase a lot of the time since I just don't want to deal with the possibility. Hero is ridiculously frustrating.

a poor laning hurts him really hard

get him down and keep him down and youll do fine

he doesnt do much in lane, he can't harass, he can't go and farm that well

also buy diffusal

- Any diffusal carry
- Invoker Tornado (purges GA off of everyone it hits)
- Blink Doom
- Shadow Demon
- Naga Siren (Song when GA is up)

When Omni is last picked, you gotta go Diffusal Blade. I went DB on Void once against an Omni on the enemy team:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/851962347

Don't limited yourself in terms of items.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Worth noting that if there's any truth to those Korean rumors about an update on the 28th we might expect to hear something today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom