• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilix

Ya. Seeing how many people here need one, I wanted to get 5, but that seemed like a risky business since it was already saying sold out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Reminder

T1Z6WHZ.png

Chris R

i tried to snag a couple extras to spread around for you guys

but my luck ran out with the first round it seems :(

I think next year we should all just try and buy 2 and if we ended up with extras ebay them.

I have one extra ticket.

If I can not go to the event I will have two.

I will sell at least the one to someone in this thread AT ticketmaster price, no scalperino.

I'll talk with my boss for reals next week at work to see if I'm selling one or two tickets.

Procedure will be to post that you want it (US people only sorry, unless ticketmaster makes it easy to transfer out of country). I'll get a list of all the name, feed it into a program to randomize it. I'll go down the list in the random order until the ticket(s) is sold.

Solid details by Tuesday or Wednesday.

edit: don't post just yet, I'm just putting this out there so people who don't have a ticket but who want to go can think about it for a few more days. On Tuesday or Wednesday the posting for consideration will start.

shira

"I am SO pissed"

4mC962j.gif

Oh yeah attendees should make another googledrive file so you guys can coordinate and such

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Matt, can you secure us some after party passes this time around, so I don't have to mooch one off a random Asian team (I think it was Arrow, but I have no real clue, just the guy had a ton of passes)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking for cheap room share now.

Oh right, a room. Let me see if my Hostel from last year has rooms, I want to see if they actually kept the Lion foam finger I gave them. With the site I used last year its like a $20 deposit, so if I can't go it won't be to much to swallow the cancellation.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh right, a room. Let me see if my Hostel from last year has rooms, I want to see if they actually kept the Lion foam finger I gave them. With the site I used last year its like a $20 deposit, so if I can't go it won't be to much to swallow the cancellation.
Actually forgot I have a friend I can possibly mooch off of this year. I'll pass for now.

mooncakes

Hey Dota Gaf, I been playing Dota when it was on the warcraft 3 custom games. I cant remembered when I started exactly but it was when Gorgon stilled had her purge as an ultimate.

So is there any legit way to counter troll? I cant stand this hero in rank games anymore.

Hey Dota Gaf, I been playing Dota when it was on the warcraft 3 custom games. I cant remembered when I started exactly but it was when Gorgon stilled had her purge as an ultimate.

So is there any legit way to counter troll? I cant stand this hero in rank games anymore.

He relies heavily on standing close to you and right-clicking. Take that away from him. Either through disarming, by making yourself tankier against physical damage or picking heroes that can disable him.

Bane is really good as he can nightmare/ulti him so he can't affect you.

Shadow Demon is also good. Clockwerk is great against him.

Ultimately though, it comes down to just controlling him or killing him before he can do some serious damage.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, Bane is REALLY good against him. Enfeeble makes him do little to no damage, nightmare fucks him up, and Bane can hold him down for 5 seconds even through BKB.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Played 5 games today and somehow every single one of those games managed to be in contention for worst game I've played in the last year. Abysmal. I don't know what the fuck happened it was like an out of body experience. I was actively watching myself be a dumpster and I couldn't do anything to stop it and I just got more and more sad and the games got worse and worse. I actually started a Kunkka game 5-1 and ended up 6-12. I'm honest to god not even sure how that's possible.

Played 5 games today and somehow every single one of those games managed to be in contention for worst game I've played in the last year. Abysmal. I don't know what the fuck happened it was like an out of body experience. I was actively watching myself be a dumpster and I couldn't do anything to stop it and I just got more and more sad and the games got worse and worse. I actually started a Kunkka game 5-1 and ended up 6-12. I'm honest to god not even sure how that's possible.

sounds like today's IHL games.

"fun" drafts. which is apparently code word for "shit drafts".

Everybody has off days where they just suck at heroes they would normally dominate with. I've had them too, I'm sure everybody's had some at some point. Just try to relax, maybe play a different hero, stack with friends so there's no chance of judgement or anything like that.

Acinixys

Anyone see Alliance play? Did they play well or was Na'Vi just shit?

Game 1 was a throw by NaVi

Game two was amazing and hilarious

Slardar + Windrunner with Aghs and Daedelus. They were killing XBOCTs Wraith King in 4 hits

Can someone give me a shortlist of heroes that're decent into SF mid?

Interested in any sort of mid, but I'm curious about Lina in particular.

Lina has an insane attack range so she can harass SF constantly. Plus her spells are excellent for pushing him out of lane. Also Lina with Aghs shits on SF.

Warlock (Max Shadow Word for lols)

Night Stalker (Does 80 damage level 1 with two Gauntlets of Strength)

Those are the only 3 ive ever won mid vs SF with. Hes a pretty lame hero to lane vs because he can flash farm so quickly. The best thing is to ask supports to rotate for ganks

NBtoaster

It is so frustrating watching Storm players sometimes.So many try to play cute and don't immediately zip away when in danger thinking they're unkillable, then they just get axe taunted and die. Even at 4-5k people cannot be trusted to press their fucking buttons so they don't die.

It is so frustrating watching Storm players sometimes.So many try to play cute and don't immediately zip away when in danger thinking they're unkillable, then they just get axe taunted and die. Even at 4-5k people cannot be trusted to press their fucking buttons so they don't die.

with heroes like Axe in particular it can be difficult to estimate just how much time you really have. After all, the Axe player doesn't even know. :3

TNvFnY6.png

hmm. how long are those of you who plan on going staying? everything seems to be about the same for me in terms of flights. Kirby, hit me up when you get that hostel info.

Luna still undefeated in ranked play. This one was decidedly the hardest won game yet. Not because of my hero pick so much as our mid (Sven) got fucking reket by mid Lina (as expected), but ultimately had no real game impact for at least 50 minutes. I decided on Luna because they had no natural BKB buyers and a bunch of people with low HP pools in general, which would make Glaves and Eclipse acutely impactful in team fights. We were forced to base-sit for about 30 minutes because of the imbalance between mids and insufficient warding, then they did their best to rat us with Weaver in one lane, Lesh in another, and the others somewhere else.

Eventually our key initiators (Raptor, Enigma) realized (after some coaching) that picking off any of them meant they couldn't rat anymore so they adapted to get the pickoffs we could. Was close throughout. Rumors of Luna being insufficient at carry are wildly exaggerated. Commended everyone as nobody gave up and everyone stayed positive. Ranked has proven to be a decidedly more pleasant experience. In my 12 or 13 ranked games, only 2 of them had people with genuinely bad attitudes. That's more like 60% of unranked.

Also, is it wrong of me to feel as good beating mid Lina pickers as I do about beating Sniper and Troll pickers? Because it was satisfying as hell.

BraXzy

God I wish I could afford to go to TI, would be awesome. Sucks that tickets sold out so quick for everyone. Fingers crossed people find a decent third party price I guess :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom