• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 |OT9| League of Ancients (6.84)

Status
Not open for further replies.
last year we got spring cleaning at the end of april along with a new balance patch

granted the last balance patch before that was a bit later last year

but waiting until august would truly be insane

we'll get something sooner rather than later

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The fact that they are maybe a few weeks later than what you anticipated does not suddenly mean nothing is coming until 4 or 5 months from now.

tech-090412-004-617x416.jpg

DrPizza

Banned
Who still builds Arcanes instead of Tranqs/Soul Ring? I know Tide and Magnus do but that's about it.

Techies is way stronger with Arcanes + Soul Ring than Tranqs + Soul Ring. But he's uncommonly mana hungry.

Arcanes need a buff. Soul Ring is easier for a hard up support to buy, and its regen is very valuable. But Arcanes are so much better for the team. I think they're still worth getting, especially if you're going to build a blood stone (since you can use them to build the Soul Booster), but something needs to be done to make it worth supports' while to buy them.

Techies is way stronger with Arcanes + Soul Ring than Tranqs + Soul Ring. But he's uncommonly mana hungry.

Arcanes need a buff. Soul Ring is easier for a hard up support to buy, and its regen is very valuable. But Arcanes are so much better for the team. I think they're still worth getting, especially if you're going to build a blood stone (since you can use them to build the Soul Booster), but something needs to be done to make it worth supports' while to buy them.

I greatly prefer arcanes. Even if I don't need mana, there's always someone who does. Item just has more utility.

rexor0717

On the subject of boots, would Orb of Venom boots be good? Orb+Blade of Attack+Boots. Orb just feels like it needs to build into something else.

I would recommend anyone interested in getting better at Dota to subscribe to Merlini's Youtube channel if you haven't done so already. He's uploading more frequently again and in almost every one of his videos he gives great insight and advice on how to handle certain situations, you could even go back to his older videos since most of them still hold up.

Players of all levels can learn from him unless you're S4 or something.

shira

I would recommend anyone interested in getting better at Dota to subscribe to Merlini's Youtube channel if you haven't done so already. He's uploading more frequently again and in almost every one of his videos he gives great insight and advice on how to handle certain situations, you could even go back to his older videos since most of them still hold up.

Players of all levels can learn from him unless you're S4 or something.

Lumi should make subtitiles for Merleezy's videos
1JTivVA.gif

DrPizza

Banned
I could see Soul Ring getting nerfed instead of mana boots getting buffed. It's preferable on almost every hero now.

I dunno, I feel that arcanes are pretty weak, all things considered. You'd have to nerf Soul Ring super hard to make it not worth the extra regen, armour and move speed of the tranquil/SR combo.

Getting rid of the activation cost of arcanes would be a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom